Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Microsoft has innovated once again!

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Is this for real?
Youtube comment said:
I don't know why people who subscribe to Live would get mad at this. You pay for shit, shouldn't you be happy to get shit on some more?
:lol:

Angthoron

Arcane
"Share the ad with your friends", what the fuck? If a friend shared an ad with me, they would be a fucking ex-friend. Unless it was a cool vintage ad from the 80ies. If this is for real, do they really see the consumers as such a bunch of retarded sheep?

baronjohn

Cipher
Since Micro$oft is bringing the xbox experience to Wintendo, you can expect this to be in Wintendo 8 too.

Time to switch to the People's Operating System: Linux!

Destroid

Arcane
The fuck. With a name like 'NuAds' I was expecting a spoof, but the youtube channel looks legit, terrible.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
I was more annoyed with that Green Lantern poll.

No Kyle Rayner, Guy Gardner, or Alan Scott?

Not even John Stewart?

Really guys?

Gord

Arcane
Finally a new and innovative way to get rid of friends

torpid

Liturgist
Youtube said:
MICRO$OFT, don't you see we don't want this motion control bullshit?! Listen. Halo 2, Halo 3. are those casual games we use by waving ourselves around like a retard? Sure, have a few fun things with motion control, but don't reinvent your system and alienate the MASSIVE majority of your fanbase to try to get little jimmy over there to get inside your van and get some candy.

Hardcore Halo players won't take it! I really do wonder if they really think they're going to get teens -- "very social creatures" -- to share ads with each other, or if this is just bullshit directed at marketing types who can't get enough of social media.

Suchy

Arcane
Angthoron said:
"Share the ad with your friends", what the fuck? If a friend shared an ad with me, they would be a fucking ex-friend. Unless it was a cool vintage ad from the 80ies. If this is for real, do they really see the consumers as such a bunch of retarded sheep?
Yes, they do.
The sad thing is that they are right.

Angthoron

Arcane
Well, looks like the days of rampant OS piracy and hacking are coming back, then. Maybe. Although...

Just picture this perfect scenario that will be playing out in the future:

You and your cool bros will be chillin' by your XBox 360 Ultra Slim Black, playing Halo of War: Ultramodern Warfare 3 and then you'll feel like you wanna see a commercial. You'll coolly say, "XBox, commercials", and your trusty console will erupt in a display of consumerist joy bonanza. You will be awed as attractive men and women in their early twenties, several teenagers and an older couple will have their dull corporate or otherwise lives transformed to a land of bliss by a bottle of Coca-Cola (TM). It will awe you. It will move you.

Two brief words will snap off your excited lips. "XBox, tweet!", and instantly, your trusty pleasure device shall send a link to this excellent commercial to your Twitter account. Your friends will soon be awed as well, and hail you as the coolness guru and a True Bro, even if you're actually a girl.

Still not content that you've found out everything about this excellent product, briskly, you will order, "XBox, more!", just like the Bro God Jean-Luc Picard would order to whomever it may concern, and the XBox would bring up information. Contests! Local addresses! Famous people drinking Coca-Cola!

You will bro-fist your nearest bro, smile knowingly and say, "Ah yes, this is the Good Life."

JaySn

Educated
*Consumes one unit of Coke*

That was great, Angthoron. May I have another?

Destroid

Arcane
Wait I just thought of the way to make this work. Give achievements for viewing and sharing commercials!

Pablosdog

Prophet
Angthoron said:
Well, looks like the days of rampant OS piracy and hacking are coming back, then. Maybe. Although...

Just picture this perfect scenario that will be playing out in the future:

You and your cool bros will be chillin' by your XBox 360 Ultra Slim Black, playing Halo of War: Ultramodern Warfare 3 and then you'll feel like you wanna see a commercial. You'll coolly say, "XBox, commercials", and your trusty console will erupt in a display of consumerist joy bonanza. You will be awed as attractive men and women in their early twenties, several teenagers and an older couple will have their dull corporate or otherwise lives transformed to a land of bliss by a bottle of Coca-Cola (TM). It will awe you. It will move you.

Two brief words will snap off your excited lips. "XBox, tweet!", and instantly, your trusty pleasure device shall send a link to this excellent commercial to your Twitter account. Your friends will soon be awed as well, and hail you as the coolness guru and a True Bro, even if you're actually a girl.

Still not content that you've found out everything about this excellent product, briskly, you will order, "XBox, more!", just like the Bro God Jean-Luc Picard would order to whomever it may concern, and the XBox would bring up information. Contests! Local addresses! Famous people drinking Coca-Cola!

You will bro-fist your nearest bro, smile knowingly and say, "Ah yes, this is the Good Life."

Isn't this what capitalists dream about? True consumer freedom!

Multi-headed Cow

Angthoron said:
I.C. Wiener said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSk5DhxQHLo

You thought nothing could top the Kinect? Wrong! You can have all this and more for only $10 a month!
Hmmmmmmmmmm. :M

Angthoron

Arcane
Multi-headed Cow said:
Angthoron said:
I.C. Wiener said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSk5DhxQHLo

You thought nothing could top the Kinect? Wrong! You can have all this and more for only $10 a month!
Hmmmmmmmmmm. :M

They're still missing the OnLive service though.

J1M

Arcane
Sulimo said:
I like how they're showing it on a sony TV.
Only Sony product that remains unhacked.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom