Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might & Magic series

Delicieuxz

Cipher
Hey, does anyone know who currently holds the IP right to the M&M (not Heroes of...) series? I was just randomly thinking about how awesome it might be if a new one were made.
Also, which game is your favorite of the series?

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
They're making another Heroes game, but they don't seem to want to touch the RPG part of the series with a ten foot pole. Even if they do someday it would either be completely different and console friendly or it would be an iPhone game.

Twinkle

Liturgist
Ubishit Shanghai is supposedly developing "brand new AAA RPG" set in M&M universe. Just in case: gentlemen, prepare your vomit bags.

Luzur

Good Sir
Crooked Bee said:
Delicieuxz said:
I was just randomly thinking about how awesome it might be if a new one were made.
No.

if it was made in the sames tyle as the old ones and not by ubisoft, it would be awesome.

but that will never happen in our lifetime.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Luzur said:
Crooked Bee said:
Delicieuxz said:
I was just randomly thinking about how awesome it might be if a new one were made.
No.

if it was made in the sames tyle as the old ones and not by ubisoft, it would be awesome.

but that will never happen in our lifetime.
Yeah, that's precisely what I meant by "no": no way it would be able to live up to the original ones. Nothing awesome in that.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Crooked Bee said:
Yeah, that's precisely what I meant by "no": no way it would be able to live up to the original ones. Nothing awesome in that.

As long as it was a good RPG I wouldn't really give a fuck whether it was just like the old games or not. Every game stands on its own if you ask me, make a good game and it doesn't matter what you call it.

Ubisoft will never make a good PC RPG though, that's the core problem.

DaveO

Erudite
Maybe when Heroes of Might & Magic 10 is released, Ubisoft might consider a new RPG entry for Might & Magic. I still firmly believe M&M needs to stay dead as a franchise.

DaveO

Erudite
That YouTube trailer is for Heroes 6. In all seriousness, M&M would need a very major redesign to even be considered by gamers. The series lasted for a number of memorable entries, both good and bad. I just don't believe that any RPG series should last too long. Several entries were enough for both the Ultima and M&M series.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom