Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Mighty No. 9 - It's better than nothing.

Caim

Arcane
Eh. I am a BIG fan of the Mega Man Classic series. but this looks more like Mega Man Zero meets Classic to me.

Also, lol preorder bonuses.
How? It looks like Mega Man Classic brought to the arcades to me.
In my eyes Mega Man Classic design is more... deliberate, restrained and thought out rather than an absolute mess of things on the screen, even in the more hectic moments of the classic series.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Eh. I am a BIG fan of the Mega Man Classic series. but this looks more like Mega Man Zero meets Classic to me.

Also, lol preorder bonuses.
How? It looks like Mega Man Classic brought to the arcades to me.
In my eyes Mega Man Classic design is more... deliberate, restrained and thought out rather than an absolute mess of things on the screen, even in the more hectic moments of the classic series.

Right, but Zero wasn't a mess as you described IIRC. This one, however, looks very arcade-like with all the scores and jumbles of enemies.

It also looks like crap.

Chamezero

:lol:
4 million kwabucks, DLC shit, stealing your money, SJW clusterfuckery, a shitty demo and trailer that looks like PS2 shovelware, Deep fucking Silver as publisher...

And now this derp
3e5fde1edf.jpg

:lol::lol::lol:
Inafune is Nippon Schafer

RIP Mega Man, you died with the glorious Zero series
RTRZ-Physis_CDCover.jpg

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
About a year back I felt the need to donate to either the Shantae kickstarter or this one.

Needless to say I can't wait for my Wii U copy of Shantae once it comes out. Like, damn, dodged a bullet there.

Luka-boy

Arcane
Chamezero said it best: 4 million dollars, DLC shit, taking your money with no refunds, SJW clusterfuckery, a shitty demo, a trailer that looks like PS2 shovelware and Deep fucking Silver as publisher.

80Maxwell08

Arcane
Chamezero said it best: 4 million dollars, DLC shit, taking your money with no refunds, SJW clusterfuckery, a shitty demo, a trailer that looks like PS2 shovelware and Deep fucking Silver as publisher.
I tried copy-pasting that and all it would fit was up to shitty demo. Also I just realized I could change the tag to decline so I did that.

Caim

Arcane
Camera's a bit zoomed in too far for the genre. Comes with being a handheld game I guess.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
In other news:

Mega Man Legacy Collection is a celebration of the 8-bit history of Capcom’s iconic Blue Bomber. Featuring faithful reproductions of the series’ origins with the original six Mega Man games, the Legacy Collection will remind long-time fans and introduce newcomers to what made Mega Man such a popular and iconic character. Mega Man Legacy Collection will feature all six games and more for an MSRP of €14.99 / £11.99 this Summer as a digital download on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC, and this Winter on Nintendo 3DS.

In addition to the six Mega Man games, Mega Man Legacy Collection features new ways to experience the classic games with the Museum Mode and new Challenge Mode. Challenge Mode remixes gameplay segments from all six games, with plenty of scaling difficulty objectives for experienced players to conquer yet serving as a good starting point for new players, too. Museum Mode contains a comprehensive collection of history, high-res art and original concept pieces – a mega treat for any fan of Mega Man and video game history.

Yeah why not, Capcom. :roll:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-08-05-mighty-no-9-delayed-to-early-2016

Mighty No. 9 delayed to early 2016
Because bugs and online.

Keiji Infanue's Mega Man successor Mighty No. 9, which raised $3,845,170 on Kickstarter, has been delayed to early 2016. It had been due out on 18th September 2015.

In a message posted to the game's forum only available to those who backed the Kickstarter, developer Comcept said it was "aiming" for a release in Q1 2016.

In the post, Comcept said all of the core content for the game is developed and in a complete state, but bugs and online features had held up launch.

"As we have communicated in the updates to our backers, all of the core content for the game is developed and in a complete state," reads the statement.

"However, there are still bugs and issues pertaining to the online features that are included in the game. These bugs and issues have a direct effect on enjoyment of the game, so a decision was made to work these issues out before release.

"Currently, Comcept and their partners are working at full capacity to resolve these issues and fix any remaining bugs."

The delay is yet another blow for Comcept, whose latest Kickstarter, for Mega Man Legends spiritual successor Red Ash, failed after it announced a Chinese company had funded development of the prologue.

We expect an announcement from Mighty No. 9's publisher, Deep Silver, shortly.

Caim

Arcane
Please enlighten us.
Long story short: they are taking money for a spiritual sequel to Mega Man Legends. The Kickstarter goal wasn't met, so the game will not be made.

That is, it would not have been made if not for some Chinese investor giving them all the cash they need, and the Kickstarter money is going towards stretch goals. Backers did not like this, and have been pulling their pledges by the thousands.

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Long story short: they are taking money for a spiritual sequel to Mega Man Legends. The Kickstarter goal wasn't met, so the game will not be made.

That is, it would not have been made if not for some Chinese investor giving them all the cash they need, and the Kickstarter money is going towards stretch goals. Backers did not like this, and have been pulling their pledges by the thousands.

While it's good that the Red Rash game's KS failed, the one for the anime succeeded unfortunately.

Adon

Arcane
Kamiya keeping it real like always. Not sure why Inafune gets so much cred for the Megaman series. I mean, sure, he was there since the beginning, but just as an artist.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Anyone got a link to some gameplay footage? I Googled it but everyone seems to have uploaded videos of MegaMan 64 by mistake.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom