Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mist Legacy - comfy turn-based online RPG with basebuilding aspects

Codex Year of the Donut
Been playing this a bit and having fun

Combat is like blobber combat, you can have your own party of companions you recruit or play with friends(yuck). Visuals are rather well done. Actually has a decent story/quests. Has a base building aspect where you recruit your companions to/send tamed animals to.

As for monetization, the fourth & fifth party slots are unlocks for NPCs only, you can party with regular people just fine up to 5. I considered this to be the 'purchase' for the game after sinking about 30 hours into it, I had gotten enough enjoyment out of it by that point to consider it worth purchasing.

I'm on the newer server(Rylenback), the one with the younger age on the server select screen.

Crafting is actually pretty fun, there's no standard 'copper->bronze->iron'-tier material scheme, it's more like Star Wars Galaxy where each material has a set of properties that make it better or worse for what you're crafting.
Game is surprisingly very polished with a good UI. They apparently made a similar game before but it looks much rougher, guessing they learned from that experience.

tips:
you can click on a skill from the left sidepanel and it will show numbers in your inventory on top of items with the skill value the item has
'g' harvests the nearest resource
'f' engages the nearest enemy

Last edited:

Reinhardt

Arcane
As for monetization, the fourth & fifth party slots are unlocks for NPCs only, you can party with regular people just fine up to 5. I considered this to be the 'purchase' for the game after sinking about 30 hours into it, I had gotten enough enjoyment out of it by that point to consider it worth purchasing.
you forgot to mention one smaaaaaaal thing - you have only 3 open slots for active abilities on your bar. want more - pay up, piggy. not even new bars, slots. ching-chongs probably crying they are not the first implemented this revolutionary design.

Codex Year of the Donut
So game any good? Anyone else tried it?
reinhardt is right about the payment part, but other than that it's rather enjoyable. Expect to drop about $25 on it if you try it and like it. I played it for just under 300 hours before stopping(this seems to be about how long most online games I'm interested last for now that I look at it), if you wanted to figure it out in terms of $/hours of entertainment.

solid 7/10

Glop_dweller

Prophet
Sounds like a lawsuit in the making. Didn't Mojang get sued for using the word 'scrolls'?

*Yes the spelling isn't MYST.

Glop_dweller

Prophet
As per the addendum—no?

The point was that it probably doesn't matter; they'll likely sue them anyway.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
How is magic in this game? Searched two videos but dind found much information about it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom