Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mod3rn Warfar3

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
Ed123 said:
Exmit said:
youtube comments

i just notcie that WW3 before MW3 means world war three holy sh*t !!!!!. in a call of duty game. EPIC!!!!

i like how it sais ww3 then mw3 clever innit bruv

:retarded:

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
I feel kinda bad for the hundreds of artists and designers who spent tens of thousands of collective hours working on that single two-minute boat sequence at the end. So much effort and then people blaze by it in seconds.

The ultimate irony is that for all that effort, it still looks boring as fuck.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Ed123 said:
sea said:
I feel kinda bad for the hundreds of artists and designers who spent tens of thousands of collective hours working on that single two-minute boat sequence at the end. So much effort and then people blaze by it in seconds.

And it plays boring as fuck, too. Large swathes of the CoD games have absolutely zero replay value precisely because they're so "cinematic".

I actually think SP in CoD games is okay. CoD are MP games and SP is just a short add-on which is well made for a multiplayer oriented game. Unfortunately MP in this MP oriented game is shit.

Commander Xbox

Learned
Konjad said:
Ed123 said:
sea said:

And it plays boring as fuck, too. Large swathes of the CoD games have absolutely zero replay value precisely because they're so "cinematic".

I actually think SP in CoD games is okay. CoD are MP games and SP is just a short add-on which is well made for a multiplayer oriented game. Unfortunately MP in this MP oriented game is shit.

Agree, the multi in this wont live up to BF3, however it wont stop the fucking retards out there going out and buying it in record breaking numbers

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Commander Xbox said:
Konjad said:
Ed123 said:
sea said:

Agree, the multi in this wont live up to BF3, however it wont stop the fucking retards out there going out and buying it in record breaking numbers

Question is: Who the fuck cares about another arcade Battlefield game when there will be Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad by the time? And unlike with Red Orchestra Ostfront 41-45 they have much higher budged and make a 'real' awesome game instead of stand-alone modification which was the best MP FPS ever anyway. And the only realistic one, apart from bugridden unplayable ArmA2 and rather-training-simulator-than-a-game America's Army 3.

Raapys

Arcane
I always felt that one thing CoD had going for it was the mouse movement/aiming. For a fps, this is pretty much a must. While BC2 and probably BF3 are and will be better games, that doesn't matter much if the mouse controls and aiming is awkward/sluggish/whatever.

Been a while since I tried BC2 so can't say if they fixed it or not, but that definitely annoyed the crap out of me. I'd shoot at someone 10 meters away aiming down the sight, yet it wouldn't feel like I was hitting him at all.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom