Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Monster Hunter Portable 3's been out for a few days now

Heresiarch

Prophet
And it's still so awesome.

Greatswords got massively improved because it's default power attack charging speed is the same as in MHP2G or MH3 with the Concentration skill. Kick -> sidesmack -> level 3 supercharge attack at monster's head is sooo like getting orgasms.

Dual swords also got improved. Like the Longsword, you can charge your swords with energy, and once it's got filled, you can turn into the red shiny mode without spending any energy for a time. And during the red shiny mode you've got a special dash move which can be done repeatly and look super cool.

And the new Slashaxe, which I already love sooo much on my Wii's MH3 gaming, got improved by implementing MUCH more variety of the weapon.

Dunno if it's more challenging than the old MHs, though I've heard terrible stories about the new Thunderwolf Wyvern.

Codexers who like ACT which need SKILZ should not miss it! :thumbsup:

Chuftie

Augur
They should keep the weapons but change the monsters, MH3 was pretty weak, the monsters were basically the same as the old ones but with swapped out moves and different graphics.

The only monsters that didn't have an analogue was can't remember the name but it's there[/code]

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom