Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Monster variety mods for New Vegas?

• Thread starter A horse of course
  • Start date

A horse of course

Is there anything along the lines of Martigan's Monster Mod/Mutants for New Vegas? I'm bored of "authentic" New Vegas, which already has retarded art direction, so I don't care if there are mods with stupid shit like Power Armoured Mutants or whatever.

None that I know of, but google gave me this.

HAM has increased spawns. The mod isn't as in depth but it's the best thing i've seen at this point.

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/ ... p?id=36832

There is also the More Fiends mod which adds a ton of Fiends to various locations.

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/ ... p?id=35996

nice this sounds like a good alternative while when wait for mmm on new vegas.... i miss the Yao guai

You could add this to make the existing ones nastier, too. And this and this add encounters and certain enemies to hunt for.

"New Vegas Bounties I" is the first installment in a planned series for Fallout: New Vegas. Upon initiating the quest, you'll be tasked with tracking down the most malevolent and vile assortment of outlaws in the Mojave Wasteland.

Your targets will include rogue rangers, fiends, raiders, drug smugglers, cannibals, and pistoleros, to name a few. Your opponents are all designed to be boss-caliber, akin to the fiends in "Three-Card Bounty", and became gradually more difficult as you progress.

At its core, New Vegas Bounties is an action mod; extreme violence and profanity are ubiquitous. In lieu of mind-boggling puzzles or "go collect x or y resource"-type quests, you will be confronted with dangerous opponents who are designed to frustrate and kill you. You will be harried, ambushed, outnumbered, and outgunned. This is the path of a bounty hunter - take it or leave it.

====

New Vegas Bounties II is the sequel the popular New Vegas Bounties I, and picks up immediately after the uncertain ending of the first episode. Without a firm to provide sponsorship, you must strike out as a solo contractor for the NCR. As such, you are no longer obligated to follow a linear questline, but may pursue dozens of bounties in any order.

Your targets will include terrorists, duelists, fiends, traitors, rapists, and more! As in episode I, most of the named adversaries are boss-caliber, and make use of perks, powerful weapons, and countless cronies to thwart your efforts.

Like its predecessor, NVB II contains a healthy dose of profanity and violence. Nonetheless, it includes substantially more dialogue options, as well as choices that should accommodate players at both ends of the karma spectrum.

And to spice up combat in general, I'm gonna suggest this.

http://amito.freehostia.com/FalloutNV/FNV-mods04.htm

AN EXTREME REALISM MOD - for a hardcore (more challenging) role-playing experience.
My own Fallout New Vegas Overhaul mod: with challenging gameplay changes that increase immersion and enhance the RPG aspects, while improving game balance.

Updated: 06/16/11

Overview of Arwen's Realism Tweaks

My Vision

I expected the Mohave Wasteland to be a very harsh, unforgiving place, where survival was difficult . . . it was an improvement over Fallout 3, but it still needed a LOT of Tweaking, before I could feel like it was as harsh as it should be . . . and the 'Hardcore' mode was not exactly what I consider to be Hard-Core.

Latest Version: 2.3

Modules: (download includes all the modules)

#1 Realism Core: Required Core Module: global tweaks that affect PC, NPCs, and Creatures. Smarter AI, improved/dynamic stealth, weapon and armor changes, Localized body damage changes.

#2 Hard-Core: Reduces initial SPECIAL points, derived skill amounts, and Bobblehead skill bonuses; rebalances Skill Books; and default Level Perks (and adds new perks). Adds Gender bonuses/penalties, including gender-based weapon skill requirements. Also greatly reduces the amount of ammo, guns, food, and caps. Also makes Bartering a MUCH greater factor in item trade values.

#3 Encumbrance: You now suffer from Strain, which increases when walking with more than 100% encumbrance, and whenever you are running (at any encumbrance). Also increases the effect of worn armor weight on movement speed.

#4 Med-Tec: Overhauls Injuries, Treatments, and Needs (eating, drinking water, sleeping), making the game truly hardcore.

#5 Camera: Includes a closer-to-center 3rd person camera view, for a true over-the-shoulder perspective. Plus other camera changes.

I think that these will make combat interesting again, even if they don't add new creatures.

roll-a-die

Magister
There are 2.

Very Voracious Vermin or some shit like that. Nt going to bother digging it up, because as I recall it was made up mostly of pallete swaps and creatures stolen from MMM without permission.

The other one is eloquently titled the Monster Mod. http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/ ... p?id=41361

Other than that if you just want so many enemies on screen is looks like an old doom engine game, try IWS, increased wasteland spawns.

Also, my Clocklike friend, I prefer Project Nevada for game balance, it's much more tweakable than Arwens and fits more with the general aesthetic better without so many clunky menus. Only thing I dislike about it, is its helmet overlay system. But once you get used to it/disable the clunky pov restricting pieces of shit. It works just fine. http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/t ... nevada-21/

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
fW0lC.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom