Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Most anticipated Indie RPG

• Age of Decadence

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cyclopean

• Scars of War

• Broken Hourglass

• Avernum 6/next Spiderweb

• Synaesthesia

• Knights of the Chalice

• Frayed Knights

• Darghul or Teudogar 2

• Eschalon 2

• Grimoire

• Other (named)

• Shelter

• Total voters

sheek

Arbiter
Eschalon II
Age of Decadence
Broken Hourglass (still going ahead?)
Cyclopean
Avernum 6
Knights of the Chalice
Frayed Knights
Scars of War
Synaesthesia
Darghul
Teudogar 2
Grimoire

what is Rampant Coyote making? Didn't add Heretic Kingdoms - Reluctant Hero, Afterfall or Ashes: Two Worlds Collide because they seem to be dead.

Sure I forgot some. If your game isn't there vote Other and say what it is. Or hold on to your vote, maybe a mod can add poll options.

edit:
Forgot Shelter. Can a mod add it to the list?

xuerebx

Erudite
AoD and SoW definitely. Cyclopean after these two, but it's still in the begining phases.

sheek

Arbiter
I voted for Scars of War, because I think it will be the most innovative, and Naked Ninja is insanely hardworking enough to pull it off. Things I like: the combat system is RT but different than any before (I like the mechanics a lot), the character development system (no experience), and how character knowledge is modeled.Finally the World/Lore is very fresh and makes me want to find out more about it (not so much AoD).

Synaesthesia looks very interesting/innovative also but I haven't seen much activity for a while... and it's a little too weird for my tastes.

sheek

Arbiter
Hey shihonage, I was just about to edit the post because I remembered you. I knew there was a sci-fi game I'd left out.

Don't know how it slipped my mind. I was relying on the RPGWatch list which doesn't have you on.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
That's funny, because I'm pretty sure we used to be in their list. Can't blame them though, we don't put up updates all that often.

sheek

Arbiter
I noticed they list quite a few games that have been dead 3+ years, so that's not right.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
It is also somewhat possible that I'm senile and we were listed on another site whose name starts with "RPG" (asides from this one).

I'm done spamming the thread now, carry on.

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
sheek said:
I voted for Scars of War, because I think it will be the most innovative, and Naked Ninja is insanely hardworking enough to pull it off. Things I like: the combat system is RT but different than any before (I like the mechanics a lot), the character development system (no experience), and how character knowledge is modeled.Finally the World/Lore is very fresh and makes me want to find out more about it.
This one sounds the most interesting too imo. Also looking forward to Knights of the Chalice and AoD. Synaesthesia sounded cool too but it's pretty much vaporware now.

Black

Arcane
I wanted to say AoD but then realized it's never coming out so eh

quasimodo

Augur
AOD all the way. Everything looks good so far and it is TB/ISO.

I have a hard time getting excited about SOW because of the FPP/RT gameplay and I know NN is a fan of twitch games.

sheek

Arbiter
Combat mechanics in SoW are very much based on stats, you know. There's like a 2-3 page essay describing the 'philosophy' of the combat system on the AoD forums, so it's not like Morrowind.

Shagnak

Shagadelic
Voted Eschalon 2, as I liked the first one (a lot) more than most.

Second would be have been AoD, but then that Knights of the Chalice came to to my awareness, so now I don't know. Looks more like my "thing" than AoD...

I'd actually be pretty keen to play Grimoire if it was ever released. Oh, and Frayed Knights. I like dem FP combat blob RPGs.

sheek

Arbiter
As for the other games I'm interested in:

Eschalon 2, because I enjoyed Eschalon 1 and it will only be improved. Nothing fancy but it was straightforward and fun to play and the area design was good

Knights of the Chalice for that tactical TB set-piece fights and enemy party AI.

Shelter looked really promising, and is where I'm placing my main hopes for a spiritual successor to Fallout... don't know too much about the mechanics yet but it looks like they have a lot of ideas on improvements.

Cyclopean for the Lovecraftian atmosphere/story, but I think it will be a long while off.

AoD to see what VD and co have been doing the last three years.

Darghul because it looks like a massive world, and Mittag has made games before and can pull it off.

Grimoire for obvious reasons.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
I could only vote once, so I voted for Frayed Knights. Of the few games on that list, it is the most promising one by far...after Eschalon Book 2, of course.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
With a couple of modifications this list could be from 2 years ago.

Piety

Shitpostin'
Codex 2012 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Torment: Tides of Numenera
Just wanted to post some love for Broken Hourglass. Granted it's been in development for-goddamned-ever, but boy would I be excited if it came out tomorrow.

Callaxes

Arbiter
I don't care if Synaesthesia is ever coming out at all, it's pretty much how I'd picture my favorite game to be. The ideas in it are so good that the concept itself is enough to give it legs.

Multi-headed Cow

Age of Decadence because it's the only one I've really heard of.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom