Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

MotB Character Build

Gromnir

Liturgist
"Capable of success or continuing effectiveness; practicable: a viable plan; a viable national economy. See Synonyms at possible."

am glad you see your mistake. if standard game is is not possible to finish with a vanilla fighter build, then such a build is not viable. glad we agree. you made a mistake. learn and move on mate.

*snort*

am suspecting that the op were some closety munchkin who wants recommendations on uber builds w/o having to admit so in this place with all the hardcore hardasses ... 'cause the explanations 'bout needing an uber build in motb after breezing through nwn2 is bs.

HA! Good Fun!

I'm glad that the post-Volournian trolls are even more grim than those from the last age of Codex decline.

@ Helton: I never thought that my aspirations were things that I would actually attain. I just want to minimize the crappy aspects of NWN2 and maximize the good ones. I put equipment micromanaging in the crappy camp. My point in terms of reloading is that while NWN2 was absurdly easy for most of the game, near the end it started getting somewhat more of a pain (I actually died a couple times in the final battle), and I'm concerned that's because I wasn't minmaxing my character sufficiently. My worry was that taking a monoclass route through MotB would lead me to be singificantly underpowered for the fights, forcing me either to obsess more about equipment or save/reload. Neither thing sounded fun. Since character building in NWN2 stopped feeling cool after level 10 or so, I don't mind outsourcing the process to someone else.

Helton

Arcane
http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/file/939027/50858

The last 2 sections are pre-made -- strong -- character builds. Bruiser (the first one) is pretty much the RDD based build mentioned earlier.

The KamaKaze I remember reading about when it was first conceived but I haven't replayed MotB since then. Should be pretty badass.

And probably every other build there is far and away better than what Obsidian designed the game to balance against.

Inziladun

Magister
Gromnir said:
"Capable of success or continuing effectiveness; practicable: a viable plan; a viable national economy. See Synonyms at possible."

am glad you see your mistake. if standard game is is not possible to finish with a vanilla fighter build, then such a build is not viable. glad we agree. you made a mistake. learn and move on mate.

*snort*

Of course you could just go pure Fighter or whatever for the hell of it anyway, and do alright in the campaign (I'd imagine you'd have to put the combat on easy for the majority of the expansion though)
Reading comprehension isn't one of your best traits is it. Let me tell you exactly what I said in easier to understand terms. "Yes, you can play a pure fighter, yes you can complete the campaign, although in my honest opinion you may need to lower the difficulty early in the campaign"

Do you understand now?

am suspecting that the op were some closety munchkin who wants recommendations on uber builds w/o having to admit so in this place with all the hardcore hardasses ... 'cause the explanations 'bout needing an uber build in motb after breezing through nwn2 is bs.

divinelolwut.jpg

Inziladun

Magister
WanderingThrough: I suggest you take a quick look at these: http://nwn2.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Character_builds

Maybe find something you're interested in. Or you could do as others suggested and just suck it up with a pure build. Anything like fighter is pretty straight forward in feat progression and you'd have so many it's hard to fuck up, Same thing for spells for the Mage classes after 30 levels of 'em.

Gromnir

Liturgist
I'd imagine you'd have to put the combat on easy for the majority of the expansion though)

yutz forgot to hi-light the right portion. if you thinks that the player would "have to" adjust difficulty slider, then you is not saying that such play is genuine viable. talk 'bout reading comprehension problems. tell us that is "viable" if player cheats in best equipment and bonus stats while you is at it? is viable if set to God Mode? stretches credulity. you can't have both ways.

just admit mistake and move on... you forgot your earlier "have to" observations when later you admit that vanilla single-class options is perfectly playable in motb. is not bad to make mistakes, but to fail to own up to 'em makes you look silly.

*chuckle*

regardless, if the wannabe munchkin wants power builds, then he can find plenty at the bio boards... but notion that he/she breezed through the nwn2 oc but feels a power build is a "have to" in motb is pure bs. we don't buy it.

HA! Good Fun!

ps Gromnir is pre-vol

Inziladun

Magister
Gromnir said:
I'd imagine you'd have to put the combat on easy for the majority of the expansion though)

yutz forgot to hi-light the right portion. if you thinks that the player would "have to" adjust difficulty slider, then you is not saying that such play is genuine viable. talk 'bout reading comprehension problems. tell us that is "viable" if player cheats in best equipment and bonus stats while you is at it? is viable if set to God Mode? stretches credulity. you can't have both ways.

Are you a moron?

1) Lowering difficulty is not the equivalent of using cheat codes and the reliance on such would not make a build any less "viable" within the context that viability = success and that completing the game = success.
2) "I'd Imagine" grants leniency in that it's not a declarative statement

just admit mistake and move on... you forgot your earlier "have to" observations when later you admit that vanilla single-class options is perfectly playable in motb. is not bad to make mistakes, but to fail to own up to 'em makes you look silly.

Methinks you're just hung up on two words. I could of put "probably" "maybe" "possibly" in front of said two words and I'd imagine you'd still be making the same argument.

regardless, if the wannabe munchkin wants power builds, then he can find plenty at the bio boards... but notion that he/she breezed through the nwn2 oc but feels a power build is a "have to" in motb is pure bs. we don't buy it.

HA! Good Fun!

ps Gromnir is pre-vol

:honourblade:

Does reducing the difficulty only affect combat, or does it taint the other skill checks?

I guess I have some residual resistance to ever lowering the difficulty setting in a game, but there may not be any articulable difference between doing that and running a powerbuild, other than that the latter is more of a pain in the ass.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom