Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

MOTB mods etc for a replay

janjetina

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
Shannow said:
janjetina said:
Shannow said:
On another note: Why do elitist fanboys always pretend that people who want change (improve) something about the game are stupid? Oh, wait. Because they are elitist fanboys.

E.g. : Let's change Fallout by making it a real time 3d FPS?
Change is good, when the aim is logical consistency or increased challenge. When the desired result is removing the challenge or decreasing the complexity, change is usually bad.

On another note: Why do elitist fanboys always pretend that people who want change (improve) something about the game are stupid? Oh, wait. Because they are elitist fanboys.
Gaining good/lawful points for supressing a hunger that would destroy you faster if you indulged in it was a flaw, that should be addressed.
Fixed to make sense.
Mask of the Betrayer Fixes (WARNING: Spoilers)

The Spirit Eater abilities Supress, Gorge and Ravenous Incarnation will no longer alter the PC's alignment.
Seems Obsidian shared my opinion. But of course there was no need to fix anything since desired result of any change is removing the challenge or decreasing the complexity. :roll:

You seem to have problems with reading comprehension. The people asking for a change to Spirit Meter on this topic (Vibalist, who thought that it was so hard it made him quit the game, and Barghest, who rushed through the dialogs because he thought that Spirit Meter ran during the conversations), were definitely not asking for improvements, but for simplification, and / or removal. Then you have blundered in with your "fanboys" remark, probably as a result of a childhood trauma or a butthurt from another, older, forgotten, topic.
Sorry to burst your delusional fantasies, but please show where I, or anybody on this topic for that matter, wrote that "The Spirit Meter system is perfect and should not be changed in any way". Instead, I claim that, while some changes (including the ones you stated, as seen in my post that you quote-butchered) were constructive, others, that would result in simplifying the system, making it accessible to dumbfucks are unwelcome.

Maybe they <s>changed</s> fixed that, too. You could rest, suppress, rest, suppress... and never had to devour anything. Thus <s> removing the challenge and decreasing the complexity</s> applying logical consistency and increased challenge...

Does it contradict anything I posted before, or are you just playing stupid for the kicks?

That is exactly what I meant. Elitist fanboys attacking any criticism. Of course change can be bad. It can also improve a game. You all always assume the former, never the latter. And look like fucking dicks doing so.

That is incorrect. It depends on the point of the criticism. The original poster found the Spirit Meter too difficult. It made him rush through the game and the dialogues. That is not valid criticism and presents no reason for change. You did, but you had to spice it up with some dumbfuckery, to show how special you are.

Anyway, was sorta hoping for some other mods for MotB. If you all want to bitch about stupid people criticising the perfect implemention of the spirit-eater mechanics you might consider opening another thread or digging up one of the old ones.

I'm hoping for MotB mods as well. I've looked on NWVault, but haven't found anything.

hiver

What if the feature is bad?
gtfo!

heh heh... :twisted:

I already answered that by suggesting which games you would prefer. Otherwise this discussion here provides all the insight you might need.

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
Everyone's talking about losing 10 spirit meter points when resting. When I tried resting (as an evil character) I lost 54 spirit points and died. After trying to play the game without resting at all, I got frustrated and removed the spirit meter.

ushdugery

Scholar
I like the spirit eater mechanic adding a sense of urgency to the game and pushing you at a pace through the storyline, that said if you go supress then you can bum around for ages not worrying about it and you don't have to plan shit.

Worm King

Scholar
Jaime Lannister said:
Everyone's talking about losing 10 spirit meter points when resting. When I tried resting (as an evil character) I lost 54 spirit points and died. After trying to play the game without resting at all, I got frustrated and removed the spirit meter.

Vaarna_Aarne said:
Spirit Meter is still excellent in detecting retards.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
janjetina said:
I'm hoping for MotB mods as well. I've looked on NWVault, but haven't found anything.
The Bishop Romance Mod 2 is supposedly coming. Lulz and shocked horror ensue.

nomask7

Arcane
This is RPG Codex. Don't expect sympathy if you come here whining that something should be more cliched and remind you more of all the generic shit you've played. What? Is no amount of same old enough for brainless fucks like you? Even one unique game is too much? "Must destroy! The world should never know!" You make me sick.

Shannow

Waster of Time
janjetina said:
You seem to have problems with reading comprehension. The people asking for a change to Spirit Meter on this topic (Vibalist, who thought that it was so hard it made him quit the game, and Barghest, who rushed through the dialogs because he thought that Spirit Meter ran during the conversations), were definitely not asking for improvements, but for simplification, and / or removal. Then you have blundered in with your "fanboys" remark, probably as a result of a childhood trauma or a butthurt from another, older, forgotten, topic.
Sorry to burst your delusional fantasies, but please show where I, or anybody on this topic for that matter, wrote that "The Spirit Meter system is perfect and should not be changed in any way". Instead, I claim that, while some changes (including the ones you stated, as seen in my post that you quote-butchered) were constructive, others, that would result in simplifying the system, making it accessible to dumbfucks are unwelcome.
The childhood trauma thing made me laugh so hard that I think I broke something *wipestearfromeyes*
Anyway, I reviewed "this" thread and you are right. Only around 5 posters claiming anyone who wants to change the mechanic is a retard without directly responding to the two (3 if Jaime is trying too) who didn't understand it and"just whined, it's too hard". And most of them after my first comment. So you must be partially right, it must be a trauma from all the stupid I saw in previous threads. (And what's that with all the "butthurt" you guys seem so familiar with? My toddling days are long gone. I don't continually fall on my arse anymore. Or do you aquire your "butthurt" differently? Probably something homosexual that I don't even want to know about, so better don't answer the question.)

Maybe they <s>changed</s> fixed that, too. You could rest, suppress, rest, suppress... and never had to devour anything. Thus <s> removing the challenge and decreasing the complexity</s> applying logical consistency and increased challenge...

Does it contradict anything I posted before, or are you just playing stupid for the kicks?
I haven't noticed that. Each rest, with minimal craving, as far as I remember results in a drop of about ten Spirit Meter points. Even with the minimal craving and wise use of hunger suppression before resting, you'll get some stat damage in the places like Skein, where there are no spirits to give eternal rest to, and you have to rest if your main character is a magic user.
Maybe I should go for more stupid. You seem to need it... Nah. You still don't seem to understand: You somehow managed to get low on spirit-energy while using suppress + rest with low craving. This directly contradicts my experience of having limitless spirit-energy with suppress + rest. This implies that they either patched that or that you failed to understand and abuse the mechanic.

Of course change can be bad. It can also improve a game. You all always assume the former, never the latter. And look like fucking dicks doing so.

That is incorrect. It depends on the point of the criticism. The original poster found the Spirit Meter too difficult. It made him rush through the game and the dialogues. That is not valid criticism and presents no reason for change. You did, but you had to spice it up with some dumbfuckery, to show how special you are.
You're really criticising my reading comprehension?
And I don't see the dumbfuckery :oops: (Maybe the overboard attacking of elitist fanboys, but if that hurt you so much you should aquire some thicker skin to match your skull or reconsider participating on non-moderated forums). Attacking people as dumbfucks while not understanding obvious contradictions, being less informed and having some failings at reading comprehension looks kinda dumb... But, I do not think you are a dumbfuck. Apart from some pathetic personal attacks your posts were mostly coherent and not particularly one-sided. However, I do think you are special. Everyone is, in their own personal way. If you think that is an insult, you must feel very ordinary indeed and only use it as an euphemisms to describe retarded people so you can feel smugly superior. I won't judge you for that. ;)

:/

Anyway, thanks for the exchange. Had a whit of fun for the first time in ages on the codex. Not all hope is lost.

aron searle

Arcane
When using suppress, the amount the bar fills depends on how many spirits are about you.

I found it quite easy to keep it at 100% in areas with spirits using suppress, and i would just use this "saved up" energy for dry areas, never went below 50%

Any argument that says it needs changing because it is hard to manage, is instant fail.

Pastel

Scholar
nomask7 said:
This is RPG Codex. Don't expect sympathy if you come here whining that something should be more cliched and remind you more of all the generic shit you've played. What? Is no amount of same old enough for brainless fucks like you? Even one unique game is too much? "Must destroy! The world should never know!" You make me sick.
:)
nomask may be a nazi douchebag but he knows his RPGs.

Barghest

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Some of the posters here need a nice hot cup of shut the fuck up. I thought I was in /v/ for a moment.

Thanks for the tips guys. I'll probably have to grin, and just use the (useless) spirit hunger system. I would be happier if wasn't such a shitty implementation.

Looks like there are very few MOTB only mods then?

aleph

Arcane
Pastel said:
nomask7 said:

This must be the first time I have to agree with nomask7 ... I feel somehow dirty now.

ushdugery

Scholar
aleph said:
Pastel said:
nomask7 said:

This must be the first time I have to agree with nomask7 ... I feel somehow dirty now.
I died a little inside when I saw who posted that because I was nodding the whole time while reading it. Oh well the enemies of my enemies and all that.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
Sigh.

I googled "spirit eater cheat" and this came up immediately.

For those people that absolutely hate the new spirit eater feature, this script is for you.

Changes the Satiate feat to refill your spirit meter without any penalty. Use once a day, at stage 3 hunger.

Vibalist

Arcane
Jeez. A guy asks for a simple mod and instantly the thread is filled with 30.000 angry codexers who can't let it go. Some of us just don't like the spirit system. That doesn't mean we're a bunch of retards who will only play the easiest and most accessible games and can't enjoy all the other features that MoTB offer.

Now go away you thread-hijacking gaming nazis.

nomask7

Arcane
So you just couldn't use the google for five seconds? And what do you need this thread for now that you have your mod? Seriously, people like you should be gassed at birth. The world would be so much better for it after a few generations that it would be virtually unrecognizable, as though it was hell before and after that heaven. For every dumbfuck like you, at least one unique game will never see the light of day since empathetic people in the game industry feel compelled to dumb most everything down for your collective convenience. Don't misread me, this is personal.

Vibalist

Arcane
nomask7 said:
So you just couldn't use the google for five seconds? And what do you need this thread for now that you have your mod? Seriously, people like you should be gassed at birth. The world would be so much better for it after a few generations that it would be virtually unrecognizable, as though it was hell before and after that heaven. For every dumbfuck like you, at least one unique game will never see the light of day since empathetic people in the game industry feel compelled to dumb most everything down for your collective convenience. Don't misread me, this is personal.

Vibalist said:
That doesn't mean we're a bunch of retards who will only play the easiest and most accessible games and can't enjoy all the other features that MoTB offer.

What is it you don't get you fuckup?

hiver

If only old Adolf went only for retards, morons and idiots instead of whole races... If only!

look vibalist, now you have your cheat and you can just fuck away and play a game where the prime motivator of the story and everything you do is a curse that doesnt have any effect except giving you cool powahs.
just fuck off.

Vibalist

Arcane
hiver said:
If only old Adolf went only for retards, morons and idiots instead of whole races... If only!

look vibalist, now you have your cheat and you can just fuck away and play a game where the prime motivator of the story and everything you do is a curse that doesnt have any effect except giving you cool powahs.
just fuck off.

So the point of the game is not... uh, experiencing the setting and appreciating such things as the well written dialogue, the story and the lore? but to sit around and watch a fucking meter? Why is it that that you assume that because I don't like this spirit meter I'm some dumb power gamer who plays MoTB for the cool powahs? Is it totally incomprehensible to you that some people might want to experience all the good stuff that MoTB offers without some game mechanic getting in the way?

hiver

Because the curse your character is afflicted with is the core of the whole story of MOTB. Without it nothing makes sense.
And without negative effects of it you are left only with cool superpowahs to abuse, whether you wanted that or not.

Its not "some game mechanic". Its the core of the whole story and motivation for all your decisions in the game. Motivation for making your choices and all the consequences that arise from those choices which become pointless if you cheat it out of the game.

That IS the good stuff in MOTB, not running around spamming meteor showers and supresing and devouring with no consequence apart making you invincible.

Vibalist said:
Is it totally incomprehensible to you that some people might want to experience all the good stuff that MoTB offers without some game mechanic getting in the way?
Unfortunately no its not.
Its just disgusting.

Vibalist

Arcane
I don't think anyone ever suggested that the curse shouldn't be a central part of the plot, or that said curse can't somehow have consequences for your character. What me and several others have said is that the way the spirit bar is implemented is poor. You don't think there is a difference?

Unfortunately no its not.
Its just disgusting.

Give me a break.

I think that you are left with much less gameplay if you remove the spirit-eater mechanic, it's the only thing that ever gives you any feeling of excitement, either of being stuck somewhere without any energy sources readily available or the feeling of success you get when draining your enemies and getting back to 100%.

Try for yourself, though. I suspect it will feel like playing a shooter with godmode, since it doesn't have challenging puzzles nor challenging combat. Well, an easy shooter with godmode.

Barghest

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
nomask7 said:

Boo fucking Hoo. A simple request for mods for MOTB and you throw a hissy fit. Are you profoundly retarded, or just a fucktard?

So people, are there any mods that I should look at for MOTB?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom