Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mount and Blade mods

DramaticPopcorn

So, are there any good mods with some actual plot and main quest? Would be very nice if sandboxness is limited.

Either for M&B or Warband.

Tycn

Savant
Unfortunately core gameplay is pretty much untouched. Play MP instead, it's actually fun.

My favourite was Expanded Gameplay for original. Adds a lot of retarded shit but realism was never the game's strong suit, and variety is desperately needed. I've heard good things about Prophecy of Pendor, but the voiceover by a 15 year old made me quit as soon as I started the game. Features seem promising, though.

There's also AD 1257 for Warband, which is pre-beta and hardly worth playing at the moment but could be decent in a few years.

Wedding Dance added a light story and a bunch of other stuff. The "wedding" means you can marry (political alliances, not romance fanfic).

There was also a wild west one that was pretty fun, but I don't remember the name. Damn.

Lots of codexers liked Gangs of Glasgow.

There's a Stars Wars one that is pretty complete now.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
gangs of glasgow is pretty cool ;] it becomes boring after a while (like vanilla) but before that delivers some lulz

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Someone should make a gore mod. I wants guts and limbs on the battlefield.

Kron

Arcane
flabbyjack said:
All the mods suck

Thing is, none of them modify the extremely crappy world map mechanics, and none of them explore the possibilities of improving the real time combat.

Most of them add ridiculous stuff which doesn't even come close to fitting the already watered down setting of the game, like guns, half-nude clothing and such.

L'ennui

Magister
Butthurt detected.

If you want good mods for M&B, my first suggestion would be to go visit Taleworld's forum, they have a very active mod section there.

1866 was a blast, especially if you played as an Apache (or whatever tribes were included in the game). Horse archers > fat yanks with muskets. The tomahawk is a particularly satisfying weapon to do "drive-bys" with on horse. There are various mods that span all of Europe, those can also be fun. Unfortunate that the Lord of the Rings mod never got updated to work with the game's latest versions. To my knowledge, anyway.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom