Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord

oldbonebrown

Arcane

1U1Qlva.jpg

pvtqjVr.jpg

30VKq4x.jpg

k7xAdkx.jpg

TXILLUE.jpg

After 400 hours of only Khan's Guard and heavy cavalry to support them I'm starting to feel done with the game for now
The core experience of mongol dominance is so strong that other troops have only found use as short lived vanity projects

Last edited:

oldbonebrown

Arcane
I wish the BloodMod was more exaggerated and worked with archery, I feel that the simplest and most fundamental feature missing from the game is painting the ground red

Are sandstorms in vanilla? I've been using the extreme weather mod pretty much since start, and sandstorms and to a lesser extent fog are the only things that bothers my Khans Guard. Though sadly nothing prevents reentering the battle to roll for better weather.

Last edited:

Nathaniel3W

Rockwell Studios
Patron
Developer
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Khan's Guard are without a doubt the best troops on the battlefield. But in the late game, I find it difficult to run around the world buying up all the warhorses I need to keep my armies filled with Khan's Guard. If I'm assaulting a castle, I don't want to lose expensive cavalry. I'll sacrifice legionaries, but not top-tier cavalry. And if I'm going to leave troops in a garrison, I want to leave fians.

oldbonebrown

Arcane
Khan's Guard are without a doubt the best troops on the battlefield. But in the late game, I find it difficult to run around the world buying up all the warhorses I need to keep my armies filled with Khan's Guard. If I'm assaulting a castle, I don't want to lose expensive cavalry. I'll sacrifice legionaries, but not top-tier cavalry. And if I'm going to leave troops in a garrison, I want to leave fians.
The main role of my cavalry is as a wall of metal to smash into anything that threatens to touch my Khan's Guard. There is always plenty of horses and all other types of loot, but it is almost never a good time to have to return to the steppe to recruit more units. Cataphracts on the other hand are easy to come by so losing more than one or two Khan's Guard in a any battle is a great loss when bleeding for their masters is what empire dogs do best.

In regular battles I stick to commanding and let my horse archers handle the slaughter. However in siege battles I do the opposite, the game plan there is just to make sure that the enemy have no siege engines, then I personally leet a big chunk of their archers and lead the charge on a wall while my troops do whatever they want to. It usually ends fine enough when backed up by a high medicine skill.
Then I just drop off whatever scrap troops I have over in the garrison and move on, because I'm not about that sedentary life and I'd rather retake the castle later than care about it now. Never putting no Khan's Guard in the hands of the AI, it makes me cry how easily they lose them.

Last edited:

oldbonebrown

Arcane
Alright, just because I was acting hard I almost got my just deserts and came the closest to wiping I've gotten in a while
4oaY4mo.jpg

The numbers might not seem like it, but it felt tense.

They came at me with endless archers and a lot of cavalry. They were also much more spread out than usual on a map with no great vantage points. I stupidly took a lot of personal damage early on in the battle. Being knocked out is the worst thing that can happen so I also had to be extra cautious of where I commanded from because of that.
Since I could never get a full grip on what was going on one of my four Khan's Guard squads got picked off early by archers, when I otherwise would've pulled them back or sent in cavalry as support.

This battle really showed me how useless the reinforcement system is. It dumped all horsed reinforcement into the same squad, making the cavalry somewhat useless because I didn't want to set the more important horse archers in the squad to Charge.
Usually I will retreat and reenter the battle to let my archers restock on arrows but since I had taken too much personal damage for that I ended up having to let the Khan's Guard do melee charges towards the end anyways when all but the squad that got reinforcements were out of arrows.

Last edited:

Zariusz

Arbiter
Hmm i didn't expect that i was able to larp as some european bronze age warrior
OTUCelT.png

or kang

uHn1xsv.png

in vanilla butterlord. For whatever reason Battanians now have bronze breastplates, time to use custom troop mod and creat horde of sea peoples wanabes.

Last edited:

oldbonebrown

Arcane
may you ride the steppes of heaven for eternity, horde mother
R9ysy4k.jpg

14 children she bore me. As only a real daughter of the steppes could manage, childbirth being the leading cause of death among noble women in my Calradia because of the bastards mod:
jPU3dC6.jpg

like the grass of the steppe

I've only accepted sons Yana bore me as my own (and those of her bad bitch mother Mesui, also now dead from natural causes)
but I got a lot of daughters to marry off in the future

Last edited:

ghostlife

Literate
Is it worth getting Bannerlord if I only cared about the combat in Warband and not the trade & kingdom management stuff?

Modron

Arcane
What mod are you using that lets you get 50 children from one wife?
14 children she bore me. As only a real daughter of the steppes could manage, childbirth being the leading cause of death among noble women in my Calradia because of the bastards mod:
I've only accepted sons Yana bore me as my own (and those of her bad bitch mother Mesui, also now dead from natural causes)
Unfamiliar with Butterlord mods so I don't know if he answered your question already or if he combined multiple mods to acheive this rance like feat.

oldbonebrown

Arcane
What mod are you using that lets you get 50 children from one wife?
https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/832 + https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/3674
My guy has 118 children with women from all over. I don't accept sons that are not of my wife though, so they become bastards belonging to the mothers clan.
The combination of mods lets me send messengers, that then lets me sleep with women that I have a relationship rating of over ~40 with as if I were talking to them directly and not via messenger. Even like this it is very tedious because of the low chance of actually getting them pregnant.

It is a little bit like cheating, I like it more when I have them captured and can do it from there instead of by messengers. But I find having children is too hard in vanilla Bannerlord and spreading your seed is part of the mongol experience. I sometimes also imagine my guy thundering his way across the continent always at top speed, riding back and forth chasing women.
I hope that if the campaign goes on long enough most Lords I meet will be my kin.

Last edited:

thesecret1

Arcane
The combination of mods lets me send messengers, that then lets me sleep with women that I have a relationship rating of over ~40 with as if I were talking to them directly and not via messenger.
So, how many of the 118 are yours, and how many your messenger's? :lol:

oldbonebrown

Arcane
The combination of mods lets me send messengers, that then lets me sleep with women that I have a relationship rating of over ~40 with as if I were talking to them directly and not via messenger.

As long as their fathers are of the steppe it does not matter. Only the sons of my wife shall carry my Banner.

Imagine being the messenger captured by bandits and having to explain why you have a jar filled wwith a white fluid.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The combination of mods lets me send messengers, that then lets me sleep with women that I have a relationship rating of over ~40 with as if I were talking to them directly and not via messenger
In Calradia phone sex will be invented by steppe nomads.

Zariusz

Arbiter
Zariusz that sucks. How did that happen?
I wish i known, the only thing that i can imagine is that autosaves got overwritten by newer ones but i also quite often used save feature in menu... unless those are functionally identical besides name and what i should do is used "save as". But its still weird because as far as i know Bannerlord keeps saves from different campaigns separate and here my whole campaign just disappeared, i have later runs that i did for some quick testing and earlier ancient ones from the times of beta.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom