Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mount & Blade: Now with More Vikings! Thanks DLC!

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Viking Conquest: Reforged Edition

Today we are presenting to you the announcement of "Viking Conquest: Reforged Edition", a 100% free major update coming soon to all owners of the Viking Conquest DLC for Mount & Blade: Warband.

Tonnes of content and features are being added, with not just visual but also gameplay improvements, new quests and a brand new, original storyline.

We hope that you will enjoy the extra attention that has been given to the Pagan Gods, and the expanded gameplay focused around the religious features of the DLC in general.

In the coming days we will be presenting some of the key features of the new edition in detail.

reforged_web.png

NOTE: Old saved games will be compatible however some of the new features will require a new save to activate.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Meh. Although this reminded me no one has bumped the M&B II thread in a while? Did development on that halt?

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
Hey, good for them! I recently started playing VC, figured it was patched out of the release hell state. And you know what? It's a lot of fun, it's pretty much what people asked for ever since MnB became widely known - a storyline in an open world. With skill and stat checks, no less.

When it actually works (which it does now), it's pretty good.

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
Since the Reforged beta is available, I've been playing some more. And the story is actually pretty epic! There are corny or poorly written moments, but overall there's a surprising amount of C&C. Impressive what they managed to do with the engine, it really plays like a new story game and not a DLC.

Indranys

Savant
Since the Reforged beta is available, I've been playing some more. And the story is actually pretty epic! There are corny or poorly written moments, but overall there's a surprising amount of C&C. Impressive what they managed to do with the engine, it really plays like a new story game and not a DLC.
Is the story/main quest the same or is there any new ones for this reforged stuff?
Last time I played the original VQ it was pretty buggy but still very cool nonetheless!
I'm still playing Sayazn now and holy hell this is probably one of the most creative warband mod to boot!
We need moar pike and shot mod like this IMO!!

Maschtervoz

Learned
Where the fuck is M&B II?
They're busy making hair.
Now that was something I didn't want to remember. I am immensely butthurt over them wasting time and resources pandering to unwashed immersionfags with shitty hair and facial animations instead of doing something about the things that really need some serious improvement, like the motherfucking sieges.

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
I meant you can have it watched there and it sends you an email if the price drops anywhere Steam compatible.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Shit should at least be in beta/EA by now. Doubt it releases before 2018 at this pace.

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
There were some hints they wanted to start public betatesting this summer. I think early fall is more likely.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Sometimes games dissappear for a long time and still manage to be hugely successful (Hidden and Dangerous 2 comes to mind)
but I doubt this. They probably lack on all fronts, only a few people are working on this, and try to do this with minimal resources. Who could afford full development for such a long time, out of their own pockets?
Keep in mind they don't have a publisher, they left Paradox, perhaps that explains a lot.
If they keep up this pace Kingdom Come Deliverance will probably finished long before this, though they had 2 years head start.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
It was kinda fun for about a week. The story was good up until it suddenly expected you to take a fort right in the middle of enemy territory and then hold it for 30 days while none of the other vassals come to your aid when the inevitable horde of machete rapists descend on you. It didn't even gradually build up to that, it was just "hey, you've been doing petty shit up till now and probably don't even own any fiefs or have a decent income to support a large army, now go take one of the hardest forts available".

What I fucking despise though, and this is something the base game and most mods do as well, is how they force you to run around enormous cities to speak to a handful of NPCs. If you're going to force people to explore your massive city to get access to specific NPCs/services, then fill the city with things to do. Warband was already sparse on content, but at least the cities weren't enormous. VC has huge cities where you have to sometimes spend 5 minutes or more trying to find the NPC you're looking for with no option to take your horse into the city with you. And there's nothing else to do in the city either.

Otherwise I thought I got good value for the sale price I paid. Raiding villages and monasteries along the coast with my longship was fun and profitable until everyone started hating me.

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
The running around and finding people is annoying. I remember we decided to mostly place the important NPCs around a fire, or in the town square in all settlements in TLD, because our towns were pretty big too.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
:necro:

A new patch in a year:

https://steamcommunity.com/games/mb_warband/announcements/detail/1690430795902216155

Warband 1.174 / Viking Conquest 2.044 / Napoleonic Wars 1.21

6f6a221d1bd15f26a69840ddae53a2440bb2c081.jpg

Patches for Mount & Blade: Warband, Viking Conquest and Napoleonic Wars have just been released.

Modders and server admins can find the latest files over on our website - https://www.taleworlds.com

Mount & Blade: Warband
PATCH NOTES (1.174):

- Added support for latest game keys
- Fixed issue with server names for multiplayer Steam Workshop mods
- Edited game credits

Viking Conquest
PATCH NOTES (2.044):

- exclude horses from courage calculations
- mayor test for bad quest party
- fix released prisoners returning to defeated factions
- reverse strength test for besieged, add consideration for player allies
- add consideration of player party strength to surrender decision
- initialize s49 in script_update_troop_political_notes
- change Hersir Guthrum to avoid confusion with story character of the same name
- correct math for bard's feast comment
- fix loss of extended shield taunts
- add restock for farmstead recruits
- fix leave/surrender bug
- remove Hardcore Budget option, which was doing nothing, and have easier center relations by options_camp, not easy_wage and easy_levelling
- fix logic of bad quest exception
- prevent banished lord from returning to player
- fix reset feast bug
- rewrite center conversion
- fix rebalance the work mini games
- add checks for no lord of town
- clean up notes list of factions
- consolidate center transfer functionality somewhat
- fix $players_kingdom that is somehow 0
- restore encounter recount after party joins
- report battle sizes with joined parties correctly
- add missing try_end to restore faction trigger
- correct Hubbi's name
- fix Christian ladies in Northumberland (new game)
- remove inconsistent religious considerations from script_troop_get_player_relation
- make target bandits never friendly
- fix item typos
- use correct recruit costs for player faction lord decisions
- exempt ports from releasing prisoners when inactive
- lords give locations of NPCs in their faction when at another faction center
- fix successful rebellion notifications
- properly set Caio to Pagan
- remove Ragnar's Seax as condition for continuing quest
- fix political quests and following logic in script_abort_quest
- replace bad dog_ruff sound
- correct pagan town note
- remove redundant title strings

Napoleonic Wars
PATCH NOTES (1.21):

New features:
- Added a button to the left of the map selection that when clicked, brings up a menu of all of the available maps. When you select a map, it will take you back to the admin panel with that map selected. this will make navigating the map list easier, especially with number of custom maps selectable in the panel being fixed.
- Added automatic friendly fire on and off depending on when you want it. If you leave the number at 0, it will not toggle the settings off and no. FF will turn off when the round ends.
- Added the ability for admins to ban admins. this will have to be done through scripting by uncommenting the code.
- Added a new admin weapon; Cannonball launcher.
- Added a range of new items for server side modders to spawn like tea cups, and wooden training weapons
- Added a new map

Balance:
- Improved the player hitbox, should reduce pokes.
- Redone the cannonball hit detection a bit, balls hit much more accurate now both buildings and players/horses. if you crouch it is taken in account and a horse can be shot away under you.
- Revered some of the changes of last patch in regards to melee
- Reduced number of light infantry, partizani, and pirate numbers in Commander Battle
- Gave rhine artillery train the correct swords.
- Lights infantry and rifles have the same stats in Commander Battle
- All arty troops should receive a buff from the arty officer.
- Bandages swing faster and can no longer do a down attack.(cant block)
- Build props were changed to make it easier to see where they will be when built. also changed their col meshes to make building easier. (example, the fence posts can be hit to build them)

Fixed Bugs:
- Fixed an issue with skirmishers with regards to class limits.
- Fixed competitive scoring. in combination with for instance slays.
- Fixed a bunch of issues with the admin panel setting the wrong settings.
- Fixed an error message regarding highlanders in CB.
- Improved teleporting doors.
- Improved Rambo feature. you have an increase of 50% range of the rambo range when you have less than 4 bots. so if the range was 50 meters, you now have 75 meters. if you are the last one, you can attack where you please.
- Fixed a bug with the royal prop boxes + fixed some strings for them.
- Fixed doors not having physics after reset in some game modes.
- Changed officer bonus to cav to only work on horseback and tweaked the bonus it provides in non CB modes. It now increases the speed of horses.
- Made default custom maps better.
- Fixed issue with the amount of custom maps you can select in the admin panel.
- Fixed preset arty not working on the first round of a map.
- Added some new sapper messages for planting props to show if your planting too fast, or on a bad location.
- Fixed issue with musicians speed changing when it shouldn't while playing a song after getting a speed buff.
- Fixed auto beacon not working properly when there were 2 players left.
- Fixed birds not moving.

Esteban5XG

Literate
I really enjoyed GoT Mod for Mount&Blade. Very funny to play.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom