Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mount&Blade

sheek

Arbiter
The final version has been out a few months... any good mods yet?

The Last Days and Storymod 2 don't seem to be making much progress.

Prophesy of Pendor
Prophesy of Pendor is full and complete module for Mount&Blade. It is part literature, part performance art and of course it is a game. It will challenge your notions of what entertainment is, and it will challenge your concept and perception of reality. It may even challenge your notion of mans place in the universe.

Sounds LARPerish, anyone tried this?

Expanded Gameplay II: Age of Illumination
-The aim is a balanced, enjoyable gameplay, a fun alternative to Native.
-A two-tiered game structure, starting in medieval Calradia you are on a quest for eternal life. When you succeed, centuries pass, Caldaria enters the Age of Illumination, gunpowder technology is developed, and all troops and factions have evolved.
-Battle Morale system that quickly reacts to the situation on the battlefield.
-The game is different every time you play. Heroes are equipped with a different set every time you start a new game. Chests can contain great or worthless items. The evolution of Calradia into the Age of Illumination is also determined while you play and is different every time.
-Ten very distinct starting characters, with access to different troops for hire. Varied paths of character development and specialization.
-A game-long quest for immortality, kin, and illumination.
-Completely new system of item stats that serves to further differentiate the characters in gameplay. More than 700 new items, more modifiers enabled on items, modifiers are more relatively significant, thus further increasing item variety.
-Combat abilities that rely on character attributes - Berserk Rage, Sprint, Combat Focus.
-Elaborate character wound/death scheme upon knockout -- wounds that heal with time, permanent death (optional), talismans. Character Score display for when you perish in battle.
-Completely custom equipping of two hireable troop types.
-Trophy items that are gained in battle and can be sold, exchanged for experience, used to train attributes, or gambled for items. Special charm items that protect you from wounds and death, improve combat abilities.
-Completely new faction troops, elite faction troops, unique faction troops available only to particular starting characters. Many new non-faction varied troop types and parties. Varied parties to fight against or alongside, like deserters, scouts, hunters.

Never actually tried Expanded Gameplay I. Do the CRPG elements live up to the description?

A Shield Lying on Water
* City-conflict system, with internal economies, party and garrison production, and attacking and conquest of towns
* Limited diplomatic system, incorporating a generous number of factions
* Complete new unit collection, setting, etc.
* New/revamped weapon system, with a broader range of uses for most weaponry, particularly spears/lances -- although there are significantly fewer types, in a more CRPG-ish hierarchy (which is a fault)...
* Town-morale system.
* And, hopefully, the beginning of considerably more than this.
Heard of this when it first came out but it wasn't playable. Surprised it's got so many hits. This is at the top of my list of mods to download when I get time.

Other mods:

Sword of Damocles - Invasion Version 3 (09 XII 2008)
Lots of intriguing improvements, plus you seem to have some kind of objective.

Mongol Series Beta

Has it's own forum and lots of contributors, looks nice for a conversion.

Star Wars Calradia

I beta tested a version of this last year, had a lot of potential.

On the whole I think what M&B needed was to go in completely different direction from version 750 onward, unfortunately I now tend to assume that a lot of these improvements are nice but that you will always run into the limitations of the game engine which discourages me from wanting to try them.

Am I wrong?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom