Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Competition MS Paint your way into a copy of Star Prospector

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Tags: Crypstone Games; Desura; Star Prospector

Does the idea of a real-time strategy, role-playing, space game tickle your fancy? Well, TCancer has two copies of Star Prospector to give away. Developed by Cryptstone Games, the game is currently seeking support on Steam Greenlight. Here's more info on what the game is all about:

Star Prospector is a single-player PC strategy game set in a future science fiction universe. Mixing elements of real-time strategy and role-playing game genres, Star Prospector provides a new & unique gaming experience. Take on the role of a prospector, a one-person mining, salvage, combat and construction unit. Choose from a variety of mission types on remote planets across the galaxy in search of resources, technology, and adventure. Features 100 randomly generated missions in a galaxy that is unique for each player. Earn experience, skill points, and credits from missions to purchase units, upgrades, and weapons. Collect loot from enemies, and use your rig to salvage wreckage. Outfit your Rig with a vast array of weapons, modules, and items to boost your stats.​

You can download the demo here or watch Total Biscuits' sexy video about the game:

tl;dr: It has Space Dragons.

Do you want to be a Space Dragon? Well, you can't. But you can score yourself a copy of Star Prospector by "drawing your best space dragon" in MS Paint. We will give the two "best¹" drawings a copy of the game which you will be able to download and install from Desura.

Update: Jason, the developer from Cryptstone games, has given us 5 more keys to the game, meaning we now have 7 to give away to winners!

We'll run our competition for two weeks, starting today and ending on Tuesday 13th November - so start drawing now if you want a copy! All entries must be made in MS Paint and have something vaguely to do with space and dragons. TCancer Staff are excluded from entering.

To submit your entry, you can:
  1. Upload to your favourite image hosting website and post it in a reply in the comments for this news item.
  2. E-mail darkunderlord at arr pee gee codex dot com (where arr pee gee is the letters those sounds make, fuck you email harvesting bots).
  3. Telepathically submit your image to our Judges' minds.
¹Word is subjective, judges' decision is final.

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
Are entries to be posted here in this thread or are we forced to go into TCancer?

Fens

Ford of the Llies
so... this seems to be the ingame space dragon then...

starprospector_ss3.png

...interesting

also: was hoping this was a new version of http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/does-anyone-plays-roguelike-prospector.63146/

Fens

Ford of the Llies
double post hooray... MS Paint is a serious limitation, so i made some pixelart

DVHPf.gif

EgzJu.gif

Project: Eternity
Goddamit tablets/touchscreens should be banned from entry. Mouse only :obviously:

Sg2LD.jpg

* Okay, maybe I'm also a little jealous of people with art tablets.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823100093

Free shipping and a pretty shmexy price, imo; its not what I use (though the quality of the one I linked is likely quite a bit better; mine is a ~5 year old Intuos), unfortunately.

On a vaguely related note; anybody know why I, as a newfag, have brofisting privileges in other parts of the forum, but not here?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom