Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

MUDs

Ludo

Educated
I wasn't sure whether to put this in MMO or here, I tossed a coin and here we are.
Any of you have any experience with MUDs? Are any of them worth playing or are they all obsolete shit?

DakaSha

Arcane
Achaea is hardcore.. But you will not like it if you aren't a LARPing faggot like me...
(As a matter of fact you MUST roleplay)

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Achaea isn't hardcore at all.

You want hardcore?

http://armageddon.org/

Let's see.

Permanent death? Check.
Application needed for each character? Check.
Completely devoid of OOC? Check.
Absolutely brutal Dark-Sun-like world where every PC would kill you for your 50 coins to buy water? Motherfucking check.

I've got more hardcore in my left little toe than Achaea ever will.

DakaSha

Arcane
Jasede said:
Achaea isn't hardcore at all.

You want hardcore?

http://armageddon.org/

Let's see.

Permanent death? Check.
Application needed for each character? Check.
Completely devoid of OOC? Check.
Absolutely brutal Dark-Sun-like world where every PC would kill you for your 50 coins to buy water? Motherfucking check.

I've got more hardcore in my left little toe than Achaea ever will.

I actually didnt mean hardcore as in difficult but if these has extended your dicksize for an attosecond then cool beans :roll:
I meant the roleplaying aspects and the time you need to invest

Lord Rocket

Erudite
Having to apply for characters is the gayest thing in the world. You want to grind monstrers on our server until you get pked by some faggot who's been playing our shitty game since 1999? Write out a 5 page background story that refers copiously to the 5000000000 words of exceptionally well written (and original) setting detail and don't forget to suck up to the mods while you're at it

any fun popamole muds that are good for what they are?

P. much all of them really

poocolator

Erudite
The Order of Discalced Codexian Convulsionists
I have an incredible amount of experience with text-game including MUSHes, etc.

One of the first MUDs I played was Medievia Online, which I reckon is still aroundl

Also, 8bitMUSH is quite the place for insecure codexers exhibiting kwa-like behaviour.

In any case, I derived a good deal of my appreciation for programming from dicking around in various MUSHes as a 13-year old.

Multi-headed Cow

Destroid said:
I had a lot of fun in the Discworld MUD when I was a kid.
Bro fist! Discworld MUD is great. Only loosely Discworld, but as a MUD it was/is pretty fantastic. Still got a thief on there I made in 2000, which was my newest character. His stats are all fucked up through since he was made before a fairly major stat and skill revision many years back, so he's kinda gimped. Over 300 natural skill in stealing though. M:

Edit: Last logged off 1 year, 132 days ago. TIME TO LOG IN AND SEE IF I HAVE ANY MORE MISSING ITEM VOUCHERS, FUCK YEAH.

Edit 2: Only 71 players on at the moment. A bit light for Discworld MUD, that usually was around 100-200 last I paid attention. Damn decline. :rpgcodex:

Edit 3: Jesus Christ, they broke up the Ankh-Morpork currency. Not just royals, dollars and pence any more, there are ten-dollars and ten-pence and half-dollars.

Edit 4: Good to see Lanfear is still idling. Some things never change.

ironyuri

Two Towers MUD or T2T for those in the know.

Spent the equivalent of 8 years of my life on that shit.

THE MORE YOU KNOW.

Also, Elendor MUSH.

I am the Tolkien fag. No I will not suck your mother's dwarf cock, thank you.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Actually, you'll get banned for grinding.
Well...

You'll get banned for most things.
Also, leaving the city isn't a good idea because most monsters will (permanently) kill you.
Staying inside the city is risky too, though, because most players want to kill you. And woe to you if you run into a city law enforcement officer, because chances are he'll kill you for accidentally looking at him.

I know full-well what you meant by "hardcore": LARP all around the clock. Well, this is it, except everyone plays an asshole that hates you. Oh, sometimes you'll meet a nice character. You'll think you made a friend- well tough luck, he was just trying to throw you off-guard for when he's taking you to some alley and stabbing you.

You better join a faction!

(I'm not trying to out-hardcore you, but that place really does need some love. I always refer people looking for ultra-LARP there since everyone is always IC, OOC is not tolerated and neither is bad writing.)

And no, I don't play there, but if I was just a little more spergy than I already am I'd probably be there all day.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom