Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

My NV impressions

hiver

Removing robots from spawning is one of the better features for me.
Im only not sure how the unlocked creatures is going to play out but ill guess ill see... as soon as i get more kbps somehow.
fucking... fuck

Has anyone picked the Weird Wasteland perk? When was it that you first noticed FO2 style gimmicks and and trivia, or am I mistaken in what it does?

Gerrard

Arcane
The first thing I thought after getting out of the house was "Why does this look so shitty?". Then I remembered.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
pocahaunted said:
Definitely better writing than FO3 vanilla, but oh god the engine is still horrendous - I had forgotten just how bad iti is. :lol:

While there are still Moira looking characters, the majority of characters I've seen so far look quite ok, without that retarded inbred weirdness that you got in Oblivious and FO3. It really helps when you don't feel like blowing away everyone you meet on account of their retarded dumbfuck look.

I always thought Moira was supposed to have a femstache. She probably wouldn't take care of herself in a normal world, let alone a post-apoc one.

Oh yeah, and I don't remember she having that death stare that I saw on that pic Racofer posted, strangely. Maybe my TV was shitty, and that improved the graphics.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Satori said:
Has anyone picked the Weird Wasteland perk? When was it that you first noticed FO2 style gimmicks and and trivia, or am I mistaken in what it does?
Whenever you get to one, you'll see the swirly-eyed Vault Boy and some theremin music will play. So far I've seen Indiana Jones in a refrigerator near the road south of Goodsprings and some odd Something Awful reference on top of the cliff while I was doing that anti-Rolston quest with the geckos.

Redshirt #42

Augur
Vault Dweller said:
Redshirt #42 said:
I 'acquired' the game today and played it for about 2-3 hours. I created a character with max. strength, agility, endurance and 1 point in intelligence and charisma...

I also assaulted some random civilians to see how other NPCs in the starting town would react.

While I was immediately attacked (and killed) even when I tried to kill their cattle (the Bighorners are the new Brahmins, I guess?) once I managed to slay a bunch of the NPCs and run away... (I must admire your persistence - VD)

I proceeded to kill everyone in the town (even the doctor who saved my life).

When I tried to chase down one of the Goodsprings Citizens... he was of course unable to escape once I started cutting him.

Maybe it gets better later on?
Sounds like a sensible way to evaluate games.

:thumbsup:

I did all that to see if I'd get punished for killing innocents. I was not - after I ran away and waited for an hour all NPCs who were hostile became friendly again, nobody complained about my killing spree, I could trade, get healed and then murder the rest of the town (of course, you let that part out). Therefore, I wanted to know if this gets better later on (like you actually get attacked by members of NCR if your reputation is negative). I'm not going to base my opinion only on the starting town.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Redshirt #42 said:
I ran away and waited for an hour all NPCs who were hostile became friendly again, nobody complained about my killing spree, I could trade, get healed and then murder the rest of the town...

I was really hoping the "Wait an Hour, and all NPC's suddenly forget everything you did" mechanic would be gone from NV. *sigh*

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Would be great if you came back and then saw a funeral parade.

but yeah...this is the shit an RPG is judged on, no ..not C&C...because thats narrowminded shity hype piss buzzword narrowed down to rape or save to get two different endings. FUCK FUCK FUCK I HATE TODAYS GAMES!!!...

*ahem*

but SOME measure of causality in the world and the environment.

well, better then "OMG YOU HERO have a lizard on a stick"

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Why does everyone stop posting when i post :(

*I'm such a flaming narcissist*

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Roguey said:
Satori said:
Whenever you get to one, you'll see the swirly-eyed Vault Boy and some theremin music will play. So far I've seen Indiana Jones in a refrigerator near the road south of Goodsprings

I totally missed that reference. You're supposed to reference memorable things, Obsidian, not movies people drink to forget. (Plus the fact he had a gambler's hat on didn't help)

Silellak

Cipher
My first (and only, so far) Wild Wasteland encounter was with a couple of burnt skeletons in a burned-out town - the bodies were labeled "Owen" and "Beru".

Nearby Goodsprings there's another one, and a side quest basically leads you to it. A guy in one of the campfire circles asks you to rescue his girlfriend who's in a Gecko nest, and of course it's a trap. But past the gecko nest you'll find this lookout positively infested with bear traps. Get through and there's a lone chair with a stiff named Johnny sitting in it, four red bouncy balls, a pack of cards and a camera.

I've reloaded a couple times because whenever you arrive those four balls will go hurtling off the lookout and into the various areas below. I found one about a half a mile away once just cruising along the road.

Misterhamper

Scholar
Finally!! There's an UI-computifier mod out now, MTUI...

And some that enhance the graphics too (Enhanced Shader Pack)

Genma:TheDestroyer said:
Nearby Goodsprings there's another one, and a side quest basically leads you to it. A guy in one of the campfire circles asks you to rescue his girlfriend who's in a Gecko nest, and of course it's a trap. But past the gecko nest you'll find this lookout positively infested with bear traps. Get through and there's a lone chair with a stiff named Johnny sitting in it, four red bouncy balls, a pack of cards and a camera.

I've reloaded a couple times because whenever you arrive those four balls will go hurtling off the lookout and into the various areas below. I found one about a half a mile away once just cruising along the road.
I don't get the reference.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I picked Wild Wasteland and all I found was some crazy almost naked guy with glasses. Really disappointing and lame.

Anyway, I beat the main quest. It's miles above the main stories of Fallout 1, 2 and 3. Not to mention a c&cfag paradise. Still ridiculously easy though.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Mastermind said:
I picked Wild Wasteland and all I found was some crazy almost naked guy with glasses. Really disappointing and lame.

Anyway, I beat the main quest. It's miles above the main stories of Fallout 1, 2 and 3. Not to mention a c&cfag paradise. Still ridiculously easy though.

Difficulty of main quests in an open game are always hard to balance so that doesn't matter for me too much. The combat in the wastes is satisfyingly tough at the moment. The main quest is just a kind of 'decide to officially finish the game' for the most part which is a bit annoying as it should really be close to the length of most of the sidequests together in order to give a real epic feel to your journey. C & C fag paradise you say? Great! Better than the classic games too(admittedly they weren't anything special but compelling enough) is also a plus.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Satori said:
Genma:TheDestroyer said:

I don't get the reference.
It's that Something Awful thing I mentioned earlier. Sawyer posts there.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
The reference is about the concept for a video game some SA goons wanted to create without any prior experience, or for that matter, skill: The Zybourne Clock. It was to be forever remembered as the best concept of all time.

Johnny.jpg

Johnny-and-scholtz.jpg

Winpose.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom