Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Name Your Price on Indie Games Bundle

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Didn't see this linked but then again I'm pretty lazy:

http://www.wolfire.com/humble

Five pretty solid indie games (World of Goo, Aquaria, Gish, Lugaru, and Penumbra) and you can name your own price -- come over to the dark side of legitimate game purchasing for as low as a penny.

entertainer

Arbiter
Penumbra and maybe Gish are nice, but what the fuck is this:

29.jpg

1.jpg

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Yeah that's probably the weaker part of the deal, but hey, you can pay whatever. Looks like Furries Street Fighter.

Lugaru (the furry fighting game) actually has a pretty interesting and original combat system.
Wikipedia said:
Hand-to-hand combat comprises most of Lugaru's gameplay, although the game rewards stealthy approaches. The fighting system is based largely around close combat, and in many cases incorporates knives, swords, and Bo staves. The player can also perform disarms, reversals, and counter-reversals.

With no HUD, the player must rely on visual cues to determine Turner's health; most notably the character's posture and the darkness and blurred vision.

The combat control is original as well, since there are only three context-sensitive action buttons, which puts emphasis on fast-paced action rather than complicated button combos: one attack button, a jump button, and a more general crouch-reverse button.
It's pretty popular and has its own modding community. I haven't played it myself yet, though.

Fez

Erudite
The fighting game does sound interesting. Anyone played it much?

It's a bonus that you get to beat up furries, but at the cost of becoming one yourself. They warned us about staring into the abyss...

I'm surprised at how generous some people are with this, despite those dropping just a cent pulling down the average. Worth getting. It's hard to go wrong with something like this.

hanssolo

Educated
it's ridiculous how many people will pay $0.01 for a game rather than pirating it.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
I refuse to donate to Child's Play because it has a controller for logo. Had it been a keyboard, I would have happily donated already.

KodexKoolKredits.PNG

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
hanssolo said:
it's ridiculous how many people will pay $0.01 for a game rather than pirating it.

MapMan

Arcane
If only I had more than -10$ on my paypal acc then I would surely buy it :smug:

EDIT: Its pretty awesome, they already raised almost 300k. Some dude paid 500$ for it :D

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
I only own World of Goo (which I appreciate very much) and completed Penumbra (Black Plague was better but Overture is pretty neat). How are the other games?

MapMan

Arcane
Aquaria is pretty good but sadly not my type. Gish is something like world of goo I think, you play as a drop of oil or something. Lugaru is what you can see on screens posted above, havnt played, dont know if its good or not but its definately worth few bucks for aquaria and gish.

yaster

Liturgist
Gish is classic platformer with physics twist, not really like WoG. Way more actiony, quick use of different skill-set and it takes some time to learn to use them properly. It is pretty decent. And it's ball of tar.

Lugaru have some nice combat with strong concentration on timing. But it's not my type so I may be talking out of my ass.

RatFink

Educated
just played the world of goo demo
FUCKIN GREAT!!
now on to that water thingie demo

if i find a way of paying ill buy it for a generous amount of money

Fez

Erudite
As far as I can remember Gish is more a platform game with puzzle elements than World of Goo's mostly puzzle nature and Lemmings-like feeling of shepherding your little ones to safety.

I think there are demos for most of these, so at least you can try them out beforehand. Hard to go wrong for the few dollars that seems to be the average payment, though maybe you can decide if it's worth giving them a little more than you would have done otherwise if you really like them.

Word of Goo is one game on that list that I know is well worth getting. They seemed to have picked a good mix of titles for this, which is a plus. They didn't just aim for all FPS games or all puzzlers.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Seems also that if you buy it, you get a coupon to get the full Penumbra serie for only 5 bucks. Well you already get one from the bundle, and of the other two Requiem is pretty disapointing, but Black Plague is awesome and well worth the price.

Oh and Amnesia, the next game from the Penumbra dudes, has its pre-order price brought down to 50%, so 10 $. Interesting.

Fez

Erudite
That's a pretty good bonus for the horror or Penumbra fans. I'm surprised they don't make it clear on the main page.

Tycn

Savant
Gragt said:
Seems also that if you buy it, you get a coupon to get the full Penumbra serie for only 5 bucks. Well you already get one from the bundle, and of the other two Requiem is pretty disapointing, but Black Plague is awesome and well worth the price.

Oh and Amnesia, the next game from the Penumbra dudes, has its pre-order price brought down to 50%, so 10 $. Interesting.
Good deal. Overture (in the bundle) is pretty decent but Black Plague is better in just about every way. No more shitty combat.

RatFink

Educated
-=DarlSephiroth666=- said:
I heard Aquaria was a Metroidvania.

it is...just in..well boring
dunno the art style and and that singing doesnt do it for me

kazgar

Arcane
picked this up just now for $35 ($5 each including the charities)

i'd not removed gish from inventory previously, and enjoyed it, and the rest will probably entertain me for some time in the future.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Looks like they added a new game to the bunch, Samorost 2. Actually it's not exactly part of the bundle but a gift to the people who bought the bundle. So it's a donation to thank your donation.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom