Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Name Your Price on Indie Games Bundle

Tails

Arbiter
Heh, Average contribution by Windows users: $7.25 Mac: $9.73 Linux: $14.00.
Btw. Some Anonymous paid 1000$(!), I wonder if it's true.

yaster

Liturgist
Samorost 2 is awesome. In my opinion best of the bundle at the moment.

Topher

Cipher
I got stuck on the second screen, couldn't figure out how to make the soup or whatever.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
They managed to get $1.000.000. I think there was some talk of Penumbra source code getting released if this happens or something; we'll see.

Hope it'll be enough to pay PayPal fees for the $0.01 donors :D

Tails

Arbiter
Humble update: open source extension (5/11/10)

The Humble Indie Bundle experiment has been a massive success beyond our craziest expectations. So far, in just over 6 days, 113,197 generous contributors have put down an incredible $1,024,546. Of this, contributors chose to allocate 31.04% to charity: $317,978 for the Electronic Frontier Foundation and Child's Play Charity. I have made a page for the full breakdown including credit card fees in a JSON format here (json).

Now it's our turn to give back. As of 5/11/10, Aquaria, Gish, Lugaru HD, and Penumbra Overture pledge to go open source. We are preparing the sources right now and will be releasing them ASAP. We spent last night preparing Lugaru and it is almost available now. The code is still a little rough (no Visual Studio project yet, for instance) but hopefully with the help of the community we can rapidly make it more accessible to everyone.

Note, the games will be "free as in 'free speech', not as in 'free beer'": see each license for the full, finalized details as they come out very hopefully this week -- stay tuned. It is the underlying code that will be made available to everyone.

Feel free to continue donating to charity, to the developers, or any combination thereof below. We will still be distributing humble bundles to anyone who contributes.

Fez

Erudite
That and the people who were even too cheap to pay one cent but still downloaded it off of other people's links.

I'm sure the fans would like a peek at the Penumbra source code.

Tails

Arbiter
Fez said:
That and the people who were even too cheap to pay one cent but still downloaded it off of other people's links.
Well it's hard to say how many people downloaded from someone else links. If The most important thing is that Indie developers are satisfied.

Fez

Erudite
Tails said:
Fez said:
Well it's hard to say how many people downloaded from someone else links. If The most important thing is that Indie developers are satisfied.

Very true. I only mention it because it was on their news/blog page. I don't think it was too bad as they were showing the figures for it from their investigation and most would have probably been kids who couldn't get it anyway.

Lot of money raised for charity and hopefully this will encourage the developers.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom