Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Necromunda: Underhive Wars - tactical RPG from Mordheim devs

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
DLC is out now.

Announcement and patch notes, supposedly focused on AI improvements: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/566440/view/5501680085450665465

With this fourth major patch and second DLC now live, our team is now working on a new piece of content that will benefit all owners of the game, and all existing gangs. We’ll be back with more details on this upcoming update in the near future.

Technomancer

Liturgist
Another patch, another disappointment.

No, the AI is not better - it still has one MAJOR issue: picking up objectives from turn 1...
It is a silly mechanic that cripples the AI severely, and until they fix that the AI will never work.
They may have removed some issues the AI had, but it is still a mess... It still gets stuck on crates, overwatches at their spawn etc.
Constantly heavies pick up objectives, dual wielders do the same but also pick up a second instead of bashing my green juves into the ground!
It is severely demoralizing with such a blatantly stupid AI - and it hasn't been fixed after 4 patches!
The AI needs to ignore picking up objectives, all together for at least 4 rounds. They can move to protect, overwatch near objectives etc.
But the way the AI is now, it poses 0 threat to me, and thus makes the game redundant for me to play, even with my special rules, it is silly easy!

Maybe "better" is not the right word to describe the IA. Say AI is less bad is maybe more accurate.
Because there is still no challenge

Same experience here. The AI effectively neutered itself picking up objectives with both hands and then parking themselves in front of my gang to be decimated. Last match they'd only a single ganger that did not directly go pickup objectives

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom