Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New Deus Ex 3 gameplay trailer

Radisshu

Prophet
I thought it looked fine until he started using Alpha Brotocol-sneak kill animations and some kind of Dragon Ball Z attack.

ArcturusXIV

Cipher
I lost all faith in humanity until I realized this, then Diablo 3, then Thief 4, all possibly in succession.

However, I'm still only 50% pleased. Depth = satisfaction. I will judge the final product.

Interviews have led me to believe the development team *possibly* has the right intentions, though the road to hell is often paved with good intentions. I'm going to push the "wait and see" button instead of "yes" or "no" button without certitude.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
ArcturusXIV said:
Interviews have led me to believe the development team *possibly* has the right intentions, though the road to hell is often paved with good intentions. I'm going to push the "wait and see" button instead of "yes" or "no" button without certitude.

I assumed this would be another Mass Effect 2 until I read so many positive things from real PC gaming journalists who hated Invisible War. I'm not saying that means guaranteed awesome by any means, but I am somewhat optimistic.

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
"holy my damn wowish. this game looks stellar. tons of gameplay options (all in deus ex fashion ofcourse)!

got some fond memories of invisible war rushing in after that vid."

epic troll 15/10

baronjohn

Cipher
It will probably be really short, like a couple of hours, CoD style.

TRAINING - MISSION 1 - MISSION 2 - MISSION 3 - PLOT TWIST INVOLVING CHARACTER'S BOSS! - PREPARATIONS - FINAL LEVEL WITH BOSS

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Someone has to say what I am going to say: Why is this in GRPG subforum?

Oligarch

Educated
SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!

You will still buy it and fap to it.
And then buy it again and give more money to the world declining developer.
Then you will buy it once again and finally you will call this shit. :smug:

Radisshu

Prophet
Malakal said:
Someone has to say what I am going to say: Why is this in GRPG subforum?

This question is actually justified in this case, more than just the "lol wrong section" meme. Does this game even have RPG mechanics? I don't think augmented supar powers counted.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Radisshu said:
Does this game even have RPG mechanics? I don't think augmented supar powers counted.
You have augs you can upgrade through trees with experience points, including dialogue augmentations (which are very anti-Spector, he was very much against those kinds of skills).

Of course it's a shooter so it can't be an RPG. Action-adventure with RPG elements.

Radisshu

Prophet
Roguey said:
Radisshu said:
Does this game even have RPG mechanics? I don't think augmented supar powers counted.
You have augs you can upgrade through trees with experience points, including dialogue augmentations (which are very anti-Spector, he was very much against those kinds of skills).

Of course it's a shooter so it can't be an RPG. Action-adventure with RPG elements.

Oh, well, that's more RPG-inclined than I thought. But what sucks about that is that the only characters with stats will be augmented characters. I imagine that characters in Deus Ex had various skills (guns, whatever) depending on their type (of the same type that the PC has).

Ancient said:
If they keep difficulty right , this may be a big :incline:
Sorry won't happen.

This is the real incline:
Shooting a laser through walls
Grabbing guys with your fist through the walls
Popamole gameplay
Stealth kill cutscenes
Black and Gold Artstyle everywhere

:incline: just what Deus Ex needed baby

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Oligarch said:
SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!

You will still buy it and fap to it.
And then buy it again and give more money to the world declining developer.
Then you will buy it once again and finally you will call this shit. :smug:

BUY? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL BRO.

I only buy games I like. The rest I 'demo' and delete when their usefulness in satisfying my craving has passed.

ArcturusXIV

Cipher
DX is gonna be awesome.

Any company that doesn't dumb down games in our modern world of 50 WWII clones and Dragon Age SEQUALS is fine by me.

Grabbing through walls? Meh. Rather see it than play it. But it still looks fun!

Stellar implants, btw.

I'm gonna wait and see, though I have to say, after Invisible War, it left a bad taste in my mouth. I don't think Warren Spector deserves his own property. You lose ALL license to make good games once you make one bad one, in the name of "dumbing down." This is why I like Lovecraft. Prose doesn't moron-pander.

Emo haircut does not appeal to me. Depth and satisfaction too. This may be the first game I buy in YEARS (besides Witcher, which I still felt lacked innovative elements).

Combat incline is supposed to be VERY small... If we're lucky, that is.

ArcturusXIV said:
DX is gonna be awesome.

Any company that doesn't dumb down games in our modern world of 50 WWII clones and Dragon Age SEQUALS is fine by me.

Grabbing through walls? Meh. Rather see it than play it. But it still looks fun!

Stellar implants, btw.

I'm gonna wait and see, though I have to say, after Invisible War, it left a bad taste in my mouth. I don't think Warren Spector deserves his own property. You lose ALL license to make good games once you make one bad one, in the name of "dumbing down." This is why I like Lovecraft. Prose doesn't moron-pander.

Emo haircut does not appeal to me. Depth and satisfaction too. This may be the first game I buy in YEARS (besides Witcher, which I still felt lacked innovative elements).

Combat incline is supposed to be VERY small... If we're lucky, that is.

(a) Warren Spector had an amazing run: U7: Serpent Isle, Ultima Underworld, System Shock 2, Deus Ex. That more than balances out a flop.

(b) Spector did not develop IW.

(c) Spector did take responsibility for IW's failings, and ended up saying he was genuinely sorry for the way it turned out, with the request that people give him credit that he wasn't trying to 'dumb down' things. The idea, from what I gather, was that whilst combat/ammo were dumbed down, the world interaction was supposed to be beefed up to never-seen-before levels. They failed. As in, they had some absurdly over-ambitious idea of a game with complete freeform combined with a story, which could never have worked, poured all their time into it, and IW was the predictable result.

(d) Spector did not develop IW (bears repeating)

(e) Spector has no involvement in the upcoming Deus Ex game.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This game takes place 20 years BEFORE Deus Ex.

Hell fucking yeah :|

It should take place at least 100 years after original DE so all that has been shown would at least make minimal sense.

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
Why is it that they always had better technology in the past in all fiction?

hiver

Because technology and understanding of its progress has moved on in the present and designing it like people thought it would be in the past would be even more stupid.

Pablosdog

Prophet
SimpleComplexity said:
Ancient said:
If they keep difficulty right , this may be a big :incline:
Sorry won't happen.

This is the real incline:
Shooting a laser through walls
Grabbing guys with your fist through the walls
Popamole gameplay
Stealth kill cutscenes
Black and Gold Artstyle everywhere

:incline: just what Deus Ex needed baby

To be fair Blade runner had plenty of black and gold.

BoboSmrad

Novice
Guess it's because they f.... up Deus 2, so they're going backwards this time, 3rd luck is a charm ( is that how THEY say it?)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom