Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New Dungeon Siege III trailer

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
IronicNeurotic said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyqOzuhF25k

I will slaughter everyone and build up a dictatorship. It's Obsidian and George Ziets. So maybe I'm even allowed to.
:bounce: Me likes some epic trailer. Do want game.

Angthoron

Arcane
The trailer looks surprisingly good for an Obsidian promo. I'm almost impressed.

That makes me wonder, is it the big words the Obsidian writers tend to use that turn their games into a sluggish mess? A conflict with the engine code? After all, NWN2 and KotOR 2 were BioWare engine, and FO:NV was built on top of Beth resources, could well be that their engines couldn't handle it.

Sannom

Augur
Angthoron said:
That makes me wonder, is it the big words the Obsidian writers tend to use that turn their games into a sluggish mess? [...] FO:NV was built on top of Beth resources, could well be that their engines couldn't handle it.

Obsidian modified Fallout 3's dialog editor for New Vegas in order to make it fit Obsidian's style, Sawyer said that much. I'm not sure of the effect it would have on performances though.

As for the Unreal Engine, it's probably not the best to 'handle data' in the way Rich Taylor described in that interview.

Achilles

Arcane
Interesting. I hope they make enough money off it to make Alpha Protocol 2.

Deleted member 7219

Alexandros said:

Doesn't Sega own that IP? If they do, there's no chance because Sega have ruled out a sequel.

Jim Cojones

Prophet
Sannom said:
Obsidian modified Fallout 3's dialog editor for New Vegas in order to make it fit Obsidian's style, Sawyer said that much. I'm not sure of the effect it would have on performances though.
Not exactly, they have modified the way engine handles dialogues a bit but they couldn't modify dialogue editor because... it didn't exist so they had to write a new one. It really shows how incompetent is Bethesda to believe that scripting dialogues manually is a good idea.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Hey, uh, you're going to piss some people off if you keep making tens of threads about new games. You can always submit it as news. :M

Matt7895 said:
Alexandros said:

Doesn't Sega own that IP? If they do, there's no chance because Sega have ruled out a sequel.
It's weird, before it was released, Avellone said it was up to Sega whether they'd pursue a sequel with or without them but in some Something Awful thread I was pointed to, some incompetent ex-Obsidian employee who was rightfully laid off when it flopped said Obsidian owned it, Sega only had the rights to publish, and their "no-sequel" announcement was one last "fuck you." He also said the anonymous guy who blamed everything on Parker was full of shit, so he wasn't bitter or anything.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I took a shit today and this trailer reminded me of it.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Felix said:
Edgy......
No I just expressed how horrible I thought it looked.

2D thingy with very inconsistent art and glimpses of some spell effects.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Didn't like the 2D art that much as well.
But the rest looks fine.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom