Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New Final Fantasy 13 trailer

Armacalypse

Scholar
That link is the most disgusting thing I've seen on The Codex.

"In this FINAL FANTASY, we used HD for the first time, which gives you a more detailed image."

It took 10 seconds to say that.

Unwanted

RaXz

Unwanted
Quite a feat with all the tubgirl and goatse on this forum.

But you are right, it still amazes me how they still can hype games with all that HD graphics crap.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Don't think I've ever seen a person look so smug. He gave new meaning to that word.

"Possibly the most anticipated game of all time." He doesn't just look smug it seems.

Lol at "Paradigm shift." Wonder what my constructivism-professor'll say to that one?

thesheeep said:
HD, epic, mature, gritty,... Just some buzzwords.

Still.. I'm mildly interested to see how this game will turn out.

MOO_4591_m_Sheep.jpg

TheWesDude

Arcane
Patron
Armacalypse said:
That link is the most disgusting thing I've seen on The Codex.

"In this FINAL FANTASY, we used HD for the first time, which gives you a more detailed image."

It took 10 seconds to say that.

its japanese...

to say first time, takes like 1 to 1.5 seconds in english, and about 3 - 3.5 in japanese... at least when you are being formal... plus he was pretty flowery in his speech which really makes it take longer

Ch1ef

Scholar
Terrain looks like shit. Silly Japanese, they should use MegaTexture.

vazquez595654

Arbiter
The movie art was, as usual, amazing. The graphics from the game itself looked like shit. It's like higher resolution playstation 2 graphics? I don't know. I don't have consoles to compare.

Do these games still have hours of boring ass forced dialogue and flashbacks? I stopped playing after FF8.

My favorite Final Fantasy is Final Fantasy 1, for the Nintendo, which I was addicted to when I was 10 years old. Can someone tell me why I don't enjoy playing these games now?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Emotional Vampire said:
That made me think, were shrubs ever an enemy in jRPGs?

I've only played FF7, since that's the only one for PC as far as I know, but it had shrubs. Can't find a pic though, and don't ask me to remember the monster's name.

Shoelip

Arbiter
Grunker said:
Emotional Vampire said:

I've only played FF7, since that's the only one for PC as far as I know, but it had shrubs. Can't find a pic though, and don't ask me to remember the monster's name.

Mandragora?

Dicksmoker said:
It's like they try to be fucked up on purpose.

I know, what's wrong with them? Why can't they be more western? :roll:

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Why does the CEO even attempt to speak english? His accent is so horrible.

Also, I'm sure that no jury of my peers would ever convict me if I killed that "announcer". That much smugness cannot be human.

dumuh

Educated
Dynamic characters? Yeah, I'll believe that when I see it.

Emotional Vampire said:
Not sure but I know that Final Fantasy 6 had cabbage like enemies.

vazquez595654

Arbiter
That much smugness cannot be human.

So we are hating the announcer because he is confident? He kind of has to make up for the actual developers who look apologetic whenever they talk. It's funny, because if he was a hot girl acting the same way, I'm sure I would be hearing comments like, "I'd hit that."

I think he did a perfect job hyping up the series, mind you a series I don't personally care for. But they have managed to survive for 13 games. I don't care how much you hate JRPG's that's a fucking accomplishment. They are working their asses off, and are quite talented. It seems like for every game they are able to create an entirely new world, with it's own complex mythos. How do they do that? Do they bring in new artist and writers each time?

TheWesDude

Arcane
Patron
GarfunkeL said:
Why does the CEO even attempt to speak english? His accent is so horrible.

probably because he doesnt get much opportunity to speak it.

that and among their elder generation of people, there is a consistent movement akin to KKK and nazi/aryan groups in the US for them against foreigners, especially white.

think of it as the KKK and nazi/aryan in reverse... they want foriegeners especially whites to leave japan.

they even have groups that do protests there for "western" holidays.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
vazquez595654 said:
It seems like for every game they are able to create an entirely new world, with it's own complex mythos. How do they do that? Do they bring in new artist and writers each time?

No, that's not confidence speaking. That's a gigantic pompous asshole.

Have you actually played any of the FF-games? Complex mythos my ass.

Luzur

Good Sir
it will be shit like the rest of them since FF4.

FF1-3 was the best of them and the series should have ended after FF3.

Mister Arkham

Scholar
Ugh...You know, I remember a time when these games actually used to make sense on a narrative level. Hell, I remember a time when the worlds that the games took place in made a lick of sense. This? This doesn't make any damn sense.

Gee, I sure can't wait to encounter that lush and developed ecosystem. All of those random-ass monsters running around all of those perfectly mowed gigantic lawns.

vazquez595654 said:
So we are hating the announcer because he is confident? He kind of has to make up for the actual developers who look apologetic whenever they talk. It's funny, because if he was a hot girl acting the same way, I'm sure I would be hearing comments like, "I'd hit that."

Actually, I think we're hating on the announcer for acting like he's hot shit on a silver plate. There's confident, and then there's smug. The guy is mugging at the camera like the cinema cliche of the protagonist's ex-wife's new boyfriend; all walking around and talking about this great new thing that he's going to present to the kids and the missus that'll totally beat the pants off of whatever the loser ex is bringing to the party. He's portraying himself using the mannerisms, expressions, and speech patterns of a character archetype created specifically to be as unlikeable as possible. He presents himself in a manner that begs to be hated, and we are obliging him.

And no, it isn't attractive in a woman, either. I've met some pretty hot girls that acted like that...for chrissake, colleges and high schools are full of the bitches...and I can't say that I've ever even wanted to use them, much less establish a meaningful sexual relationship.

pkt-zer0

Scholar
vazquez595654 said:
It's funny, because if he was a hot girl acting the same way, I'm sure I would be hearing comments like, "I'd hit that."
If it makes you feel any better, I'd hit the guy, too. With a shovel.

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
The announcer's attitude wasn't any worse than some of the jackasses you see here everyday on the Codex, I don't see the big deal. You should be used to that and able to easily ignore it by now if you frequent these forums.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom