Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New ME2 character

Unwanted

RaXz

Unwanted
:shock: :shock:

And there I was, thinking it couldn't get any worse.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Badass bald girl is kinda sexy, though. I <s>hope</s> am really quite certain that she'll be a <s>romance</s> hardcore buttsecks option for both genders.

Also, what's with the "Fuck fuck fuck bitch fuck bitch fuck fuck" attitude? Using swearwords wasn't ever dark and edgy, really. Especially not if you use them just for the sake of using them, without actually meaning it. Like, a totally casual use of "fuck" just to reinforce the fact you're DARK AND MATURE.

But that's not so much the problem I have with the current generation of Bioware trailers. No, the worst thing about them is that they're showing us all the fucking characters and telling us more or less important parts of the story. The fuck? In Dragon Age you can already get a good idea about the story and learn about ALL of the characters by watching trailers and reading reviews. Why do they do this? It takes all the surprise out of the story and makes the game (even more) predictable. It's stupid.

Rhalle

Magister
TNO said:
Codexers, I'm starting to worry that Bioware reads these boards. It was us who kept saying how they should stop writing childish clones of basically the same story with basically the same characters. We were wrong.

:wink:

But that's not so much the problem I have with the current generation of Bioware trailers. No, the worst thing about them is that they're showing us all the fucking characters and telling us more or less important parts of the story. The fuck?

1. They don't do mechanics well.

2. EA had a meeting and said something like:

"We're Bioware. What are we known for? Stories. We tell stories."

And now they can't present their games in any other way.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
:hahano:

Oh wow, that was the funniest thing I've seen in a while... Did they hire some "hot" (=shit) music video director to make this or what?

Black

Arcane
Wow, I'd be embarrassed if someone saw me playing shit like this. Good job biowhore, not even Volly will save you now.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
Stereotypical Villain said:
"Hur dur cults hur dur kept the haircut."

SO EDGY!

SO WITTY. Just like "more crazy? I thought we were full up."

Actually, I can live with the way she looks (from the neck up, anyway) because I'm fond of Safiya. Otherwise, though, I went from thinking "it can't be that bad" to "fuck, it's actually much worse." And lol at the BLEEP.

Self-Ejected

Wilco

Self-Ejected
Fuck, this just reminds me of that sexy bitch song.

I think it's fairly clear EA has taken the hype reigns from Bioware and targeted their regular audience of fapping teenagers. I don't remember this kind of bullshit marketing when Bio was an independent company. At least I could watch their eariler trailers to the end, these new ones make me want to make sure no one is looking while I watch.

How the hell will she survive in combat anyway? Doesn't the other motherfuckers survive getting shot in the face because they are wearing super awsome combat space suits with shields?

Shield tatoos? Shield brah? This is the new sci-fi shit.

Ogg

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Stereotypical Villain said:
How the hell will she survive in combat anyway? Doesn't the other motherfuckers survive getting shot in the face because they are wearing super awsome combat space suits with shields?

Shield tatoos? Shield brah? This is the new sci-fi shit.
Don't worry, there'll be an entry in the codex. She must be from an extraterrestrial race that can reppel bullets thanks to a bio-magnetic field or something like that. You'll also be explained that she can have sex with both male and female of course.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Ogg said:
You'll also be explained that she can have sex with both male and female of course.

I think that was clear as soon as we got the "subtle" hint at a possible sex scene in the trailer.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Fuck the bitch, that was horrible.

"I'll join your suicide squad - think you can handle me?"

Guess enough people complained that ME was boring when everyone was wearing armor.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom