Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New Syndicate incoming.

Andhaira

Arcane
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2010/04 ... aaaaaaack/

Well, not an official confirmation, but Superannuation has noted that trademarks on Syndicate have been filed by Electronic Arts and Starbreeze. It’s been rumoured forever, of course, but now seems to be solidifying into something distinctly more trenchcoat shaped. What will it be like? Well, with their previous history with Riddick and The Darkness you have to assume it’s going to end up being something a little closer to the ground than the distant isometric game of yore.

Discuss!!

Fens

Ford of the Llies
if it's a syndicate game, i want to sit in my airship and command cyborgs on the ground. it'll be really difficult to get the atmosphere right with a FPS.

i fear a "infiltrate the evil corporation hq and topple the cooper team" splinter cell kind of game.

Mortmal

Arcane
No , its EA they wont even grace us with a syndicate shooter... It will be a browser application with the name of syndicate, like lords of ultima. Di di mention already how shitty it is ? a copy af a shitty "game" , not it doestn even deserves the game title: Evony.

relootz

Scholar
whatisthisshit.gif

headexplode.gif

They are gonna rape Syndicate.

Phelot

Arcane
I've said it before, Syndicate would be awesome with finer tuned combat and modern UI.

Except they wouldn't stop there. No doubt there'd have to be Cee n Cee about stupid shit. Customizable agent hair. Disappearing bodies. Retarded morality and questioning all the killing. There will be black people. There will be bloom.

Bullshit

Syndicate is about killing some rivals wife because she might know too much information. It's about brainwashing a new police chief that won't play ball. Or assassinating a guy in a parade by dropping time bombs in the street that kills dozens of innocent bystanders.

a budda

Arbiter
phelot said:
Syndicate is about killing some rivals wife because she might know too much information. It's about brainwashing a new police chief that won't play ball. Or assassinating a guy in a parade by dropping time bombs in the street that kills dozens of innocent bystanders.

loved the game :smug:

the funny thing is it WASN'T TB... so meybe there's a chance it won't be raped as x-com

god, i loved that game :)

Phelot

Arcane
Yeah, it was pretty mindless actually. It was very simple and yet it was fun to explore and, of course, to destroy. I thought the cold, matter-of-fact briefings were awesome. Never any question about what is right or wrong, it's just what needs to be done to increase the companies profit.

I'm certain they'll try to over complicate the game.

KalosKagathos

Learned
Not sure if there's really anything to dumb down in Syndicate. It's essentially Cannon Fodder with the drugs and research gimmicks. I fail to see how it can be too complicated for anyone.

ricolikesrice

Arcane
starbreeze doing this leaves some hope (both the darkness and riddick were good games) ....unlike those bioshit twats raping x-com.

and i could picture a "next-gen" syndicate as a "GTA-ish" game pretty well. remaining optimistic till the first screenshots and PR releases :cool:

MisterStone

Arcane
Folks, it's not like Syndicate was all that nuanced or hardcore to begin with. It was basically: select cyborg, point and cick on shit to fire.

poocolator

Erudite
The Order of Discalced Codexian Convulsionists
phelot said:
Yeah, it was pretty mindless actually. It was very simple and yet it was fun to explore and, of course, to destroy. I thought the cold, matter-of-fact briefings were awesome. Never any question about what is right or wrong, it's just what needs to be done to increase the companies profit.

I'm certain they'll try to over complicate the game.
Sounds like "business as usual" at WalMart HQ.

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
I would love Syndicate with TB or atleast a space-pause function.

The strategy i tried often fucked up because i miss clicked in the wrong moment.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Syndicate, Civilization, X-com, Alpha Centauri.

The rape of everything that was beautiful about PC gaming continues.

In before Grim Fandango the modern combat shooter.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I love Starbreeze... both Riddick games were great and I borrowed a console just to play The Darkness, which was also great. A Syndicate FPS from them sounds fucking awesome. Don't really care if that takes away my butthurt PC gamer card.

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
heh...man...if there is one thing i dont miss....its mouseballs.

Eyeball

Arcane
Wouldn't mind a Shooter Synd for as long as it stuck to the core values that made Synd 1 great: Wearing badass trenchcoats, firing miniguns into large crowds of innocent bystanders and the game genuinely not giving a flying fuck about how many civilians you kill.

Hell, if made into a kind of squad-level GTA3 with large free-roaming city missions and multiple ways of accomplishing goals, it might even be a GOOD game.

Sadly, I expect it to be completely linear and toning down the possibilities for wanton genocide. The new millennium is disappointingly limp-dicked.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom