Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New Vegas mods

Cerulean

Cipher
I highly recommend Wave Radio as well. I played FNV during an especially tough time in my life, and during my travels, I was always grateful to Blake (the DJ) for keeping me company.

d1r

Single handedly funding SMTVI
Patron
26412466_31moodder.jpg

agris

Arcane
Patron
Jacov Sigourn unseeingeye Butter

Is there a non-suck expansion / restoration to Caesar’s legion? I know that’s vague - quest, visual, geography - but anything to help them that isn’t standard modder cringe.

Jacov

Educated
Jacov Sigourn unseeingeye Butter

Is there a non-suck expansion / restoration to Caesar’s legion? I know that’s vague - quest, visual, geography - but anything to help them that isn’t standard modder cringe.
Not that I know of, personally. Never believed in FNV modders' ability to seamlessly integrate cut content into the game.
I've heard a bunch of people talking fondly about Simply Uncut mod over the years. But I checked just now, and it appears that the author stopped supporting it and made hidden on modding platforms such as Nexus (meaning that even if you'll find a working version, it will probably conflict with a bunch of other mods due to the clusterfuck of modding frameworks that modders use).

Personally, I wait for decently implemented stuff using AI such as this: https://youtu.be/rj82uK2YuiE?si=-G487Y9Xcgtsr0xH
But modders first would have to learn how to write good stories and characters and defeat their megalomania that forces them to add unnecessary new mechanics and rebalances into every mod.

Last edited:

agris

Arcane
Patron
Nova Arizona - A Legion Lands Expansion
You just linked to an incomplete version of a mod that claims to be FNV’s equivalent of Tamriel Rebuilt.

Are you a mentally unstable* modder?

Nova Arizona is an expansion of the Arizona side of the Mojave Wasteland, similar in implementation to Morrowind's Tamriel Rebuilt

* Redundant, I know

None

Scholar
You just linked to an incomplete version of a mod that claims to be FNV’s equivalent of Tamriel Rebuilt.
What's the issue with that? TR is not at all a bad model to emulate. This actually looks pretty decent, may have to reinstall just to check it out.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
There's this: https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/60208. Legion Quests Expanded, 2.8k endorsements.

I've never tried it, and I gave up on NV quest mods after trying New Vegas Bounties. Too many modders coming from Oblivion and Skyrim who don't understand Fallout quest design. They all want to send you on aggressively linear dungeon crawls/kill quests so they can tell their story. I want quests and locations that feel like they could be base game content, and I don't trust Bethesda modders to deliver that.

OttoQuitmarck

Educated
Yea nova arizona seems to be quite high quality, it's just not finished yet sadly. I also wish the scope would be a bit bigger because the amount of new locations at the moment seems a bit disappointingly small. Maybe once they finish this current region they'll add more? Fingers crossed.

The Jester

Cipher
Nova Arizona - A Legion Lands Expansion

Are you a mentally unstable* modder?

Nova Arizona is an expansion of the Arizona side of the Mojave Wasteland, similar in implementation to Morrowind's Tamriel Rebuilt

* Redundant, I know
But Nova Arizona is the closest thing we have to a competent Legion expansion, the other one "Arizona - A Legion Expansion" is dead.

The Jester

Cipher
There's this: https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/60208. Legion Quests Expanded, 2.8k endorsements.

I've never tried it, and I gave up on NV quest mods after trying New Vegas Bounties. Too many modders coming from Oblivion and Skyrim who don't understand Fallout quest design. They all want to send you on aggressively linear dungeon crawls/kill quests so they can tell their story. I want quests and locations that feel like they could be base game content, and I don't trust Bethesda modders to deliver that.
That mod is buggy as hell I remember getting stuck in Legion's main quest.
I recommend Retribution - A Legion Quest Mod instead.

The Jester

Cipher
Yea nova arizona seems to be quite high quality, it's just not finished yet sadly. I also wish the scope would be a bit bigger because the amount of new locations at the moment seems a bit disappointingly small. Maybe once they finish this current region they'll add more? Fingers crossed.
Once they finish other modders can use it as a base and expand it even further, it's already happened with ALE

OttoQuitmarck

Educated
Once they finish other modders can use it as a base and expand it even further, it's already happened with ALE
I would LOVE to see Flagstaff and Phoenix amonng others in this game.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Yea nova arizona seems to be quite high quality
But Nova Arizona is the closest thing we have to a competent Legion expansion

how do you arrive at your opinions?

1715608628212.png

It's not remotely complete. Further, they compare their approach to TR. TR is a monstrosity of modder patchwork. NA comparing itself to it is a huge red flag.

Have you played it - do the maps, dialogue, items, and quests blend seamlessly into the vanilla experience? I'm guessing no, because literally no mod of this scope has ever successfully done that... Archololos is the exception that proves the rule, it was unique because it wasn't modder cringe.

OttoQuitmarck

Educated

View attachment 49561

It's not remotely complete. Further, they compare their approach to TR. TR is a monstrosity of modder patchwork. NA comparing itself to it is a huge red flag.

Have you played it - do the maps, dialogue, items, and quests blend seamlessly into the vanilla experience? I'm guessing no, because literally no mod of this scope has ever successfully done that... Archololos is the exception that proves the rule, it was unique because it wasn't modder cringe.
It doesn't need to be seemless it just needs to be of high quality, the two things are related but you can be one without being the other.

agris

Arcane
Patron

View attachment 49561

It doesn't need to be seemless it just needs to be of high quality, the two things are related but you can be one without being the other.
ok - very debatable - but lets roll with your preference.

how have you determined it to be of high quality?

The Jester

Cipher

View attachment 49561

I said "competent" not "complete".

OttoQuitmarck

Educated

View attachment 49561

As of now the world spaces/exteriors look good.

Also on the seemless part, it doesn't need to be seemless because it literally takes place in a different state entirely. When i cross the border here from netherlands to belgium the transition isn't seemless either.

d1r

Single handedly funding SMTVI
Patron

View attachment 49561

Let's start with the obvious. No talking Deathclaws.

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here

View attachment 49561

As of now the world spaces/exteriors look good.

Also on the seemless part, it doesn't need to be seemless because it literally takes place in a different state entirely. When i cross the border here from netherlands to belgium the transition isn't seemless either.
the dialog looks good, too

agris

Arcane
Patron
so no one recommending it has played it, but the pictures are pretty.

ok.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom