Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New Vegas patch this week

Rabidredneck

Liturgist
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog ... _this_week

Massive changelog, might be too big to post here. Some of the interesting ones

New feature: system save is automatically created prior to endgame sequence. After credits, user is prompted to load save game. This will allow single save players to play DLC without creating a new game.

Fixed issue where Minigun audio could get stuck/keep playing indefinitely when fired out of VATS.

Script fix to restore destroyed ED-E. This should address issues players have with attempting to use certain companions (e.g. Rex) or when the player needs to clear his or her companions before entering an area (e.g. Zion / Honest Hearts).

Arms no longer lifted above head when sneaking with certain weapons.

Massive world optimizations in major areas for better stability/performance with multiple DLCs installed.

Navmesh fixes/NPCs no longer getting stuck.

Extensive world optimizations for Hoover Dam.

Fixed NPC AI packages so they don’t get stuck at HD.

Fixed bug where upgraded ED-E could be killed in non-hardcore mode.

Fixed navmesh on HD Observation Deck.

Improvements to navmesh and pathing in Great Khan Longhouse. Fixes crashes.

Extensive optimizations in McCarran.

Optimized NPC packages at Camp Golf to improve performance. Misfits now stay in a normal radius.

And a hell of a lot more at the link. I'm actually looking forward to seeing the results. There is one thing tho...

Repair kits can no longer repair to 100% condition. :decline: :x

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Like it's that hard to go to a vendor with 100% skill and pay for it?

Project: Eternity
Rabidredneck said:
New feature: system save is automatically created prior to endgame sequence. After credits, user is prompted to load save game. This will allow single save players to play DLC without creating a new game.
How :retarded: . "Single save players" in the first place - lulz, how confident you have to be in the game, second: It gives you this "are you sure you want to continue" prompt before you start the endgame mission. What a silly addition. Not that I'm complaining about it, it's just that I have to imagine some retard complained about how he couldn't continue the game after he beat it.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
You shouldn't be able to repair to 100% condition by spamming weapon kits. Good fix.

Looks very nice.

Renegen

Arcane
Aw great, will my mods work? I hate these automatic Steam patches. I also approve of making repaiir kits less powerful. I liked the way repair was in Fallout 3, your skill determined the maximum condition. In NV, the repair skill is mostly useless for repairing items. And amazingly I couln't find a mod that fixed it.

Pony King

Educated
I don't even remember using weapon repair kits before dead money. It's not like New Vegas was a hard game that challenged your ability to manage resources.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Removed “Intelligence” flag from Int<=2 check at REPCONN HQ, as engine doesn’t support checks that low.
:lol:

^hehe, yeah, that was kind of funny.

And really, "single save players"? I get that it helps against the temptation to load if something doesn't go as intended (I think it's just laziness), but what if it gets corrupted, or deleted by mistake? Do people ENJOY losing hours of playing time, or something? I bet that these are the same people that go "Oh man, the game crashed and my last save is from 3 hours ago" on the internet.

MCA
Rabidredneck said:

Why do they have to give us bullshit while fixing the game? Game developers have a great deal to learn from modders. How about making gameplay changes optional, right?

Roguey said:
Removed “Intelligence” flag from Int<=2 check at REPCONN HQ, as engine doesn’t support checks that low.
:lol:

:retarded:

Crichton

Prophet
Repair kits can no longer repair to 100% condition.

I'm on the fence on this one. On the one hand, it makes the scavanging aspect of the game more important. But on the other hand it makes life even worse for any characters without "Jury Rig" (I wonder if anyone ever completed the game with such a character?) and it really discourages the use of weapons in unusual catagories like the grenade launcher and grenade rifle.

Clockwork Knight said:

And really, "single save players"? I get that it helps against the temptation to load if something doesn't go as intended (I think it's just laziness), but what if it gets corrupted, or deleted by mistake? Do people ENJOY losing hours of playing time, or something? I bet that these are the same people that go "Oh man, the game crashed and my last save is from 3 hours ago" on the internet.

I pretty much never have more than one save. I don't think I've experienced a corrupt save game in the past decade. F:NV has also yet to crash a single time for me.

villain of the story said:
Rabidredneck said:

Why do they have to give us bullshit while fixing the game? Game developers have a great deal to learn from modders. How about making gameplay changes optional, right?

Because parts that cost 10 caps to purchase and could repair a gun that would cost 1000 caps to repair with an NPC is a bit stupid? It would be different if it was some kind of 100-level repair perk, but pretty much anyone could craft them from about level 5. Given the parts used, its obviously a jury rigging fixup instead of an absolute repair of the weapon so its makes sense not to go to 100%.

TL;DR Deal with it bitch.

Adjusted Deathclaw fatigue to make them less exploitable with certain attacks. Inconsistent health values for Deathclaws were also corrected (in favor of stronger Deathclaws).

:incline:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Clockwork Knight said:

Pretty much. I rotated through a good ten or so because I had it happen a lot with FO3 (yes, I played it... shamefully).

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
[url=http://bethblog.com/index.php/2011/07/05/new-update-screenshots-for-old-world-blues/#more-15031:2nt736c4]J.E. Sawyer[/url] said:
That entry is a bit misleading. It will repair the weapon to 99.9% CND. The problem is that the engine treats 100% CND weapons in weird ways and it can cause bugs. Since weapons max out in effectiveness long before you reach 100%, the loss for the player is extremely small.

Now quit your fucking bitching.

Either way, nerfing repair kits would make it so the Repair skill is more valuable. Wouldn't that be a good thing?

Then again, one guy in the comments is complaining that now characters who don't pick up Jury Rigging will be at a disadvantage compared to characters who...don't pick up Jury Rigging. Crazy, huh? It's almost as if that's the whole point of a perk system, or something

Multi-headed Cow

No mention of fixing that GOD DAMN BUG IN VATS WHERE IT MAKES YOUR CHARACTER HERP DERP AND MOONWALK BACKWARD WITHOUT FIRING WHILE ENEMIES KILL YOU TO DEATH RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE

Patch means Old World Blues is coming soon though.

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
Clockwork Knight said:

Until the New Vegas there never was much of a issue with corrupt saves, the first patches fixed it and it's a console game. Do I need to say more?

Also I just started playing it and I murdered vulpes and his bros, for some reason my reputation with the legion is neutral, am I going to miss too much content? I also killed everyone in the prison near primm, try not to spoil anything p. please

Patch means Old World Blues is coming soon though.
WOW IT IS REALLY ALREADY THE TIME FOR A NEW DLC?

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
M4BE1R0 said:
Until the New Vegas there never was much of a issue with corrupt saves, the first patches fixed it and it's a console game. Do I need to say more?

Fallout 3 has no corrupt saves problems?

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
Jaesun said:
M4BE1R0 said:

Fallout 3 has no corrupt saves problems?
I played Fallout 3 for a really long amount of time(yeah, I enjoyed it, at the beginning anyway) without any patches never having any corrupt save and this doesn't look like the kind of issue that varies widly between players and rigs.

Just having a dialogue box was mind-blowing for me at the time. :oops: :M :M :M :M :M

Anyway, back to the point I was going to make : single save players are probably common, and there's not much of a reason to despise them or something.

CorpseZeb

Learned
I always suspected, that those SSP'ers (single save players) just don't understand very idea of “save” at all, being educated on checkpoints. But, on the other hand, SSP'ers SSP'ing is somewhat hardcore idea (you fuck something? You are fucked forever...), that is, if we forget about autosaves...

Ps. Now that is a nice idea - SSP'ing without any As's...

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Rabidredneck said:
Script fix to restore destroyed ED-E. This should address issues players have with attempting to use certain companions (e.g. Rex) or when the player needs to clear his or her companions before entering an area (e.g. Zion / Honest Hearts).

So does this mean the robot will stop disappearing instead of going back to the Lucky 38 every time? I left him outside Caesar's camp because he always get blown up almost instantly, but then he never goes back, not even the vault elevator trick works.

Yeah I forgot to turn of auto update and check if it's save compatible. Hopefully I can continue on my old save, though I only got an hour in it would still be annoying to have to replay that.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
I don't know if I particularly care if some of the fixes require a new game. My 19 hours-in save loads up fine so I'm going to just continue as soon as the script extender is updated.

Chances are nobody's going to notice half those bugfixes.

How about stopping weapons from clipping through certain armors in OTS cam?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom