Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New Vegas patch this week

Comrade Goby

Magister
Project: Eternity
Andyman Messiah said:
People use third person mode?

I have no clue how people can stand the animations in F:NV in 3rd person.

Fullretard.jpg

Also I single save pretty much every game I've played since N64 days. I don't think I've had one corrupt save file in that time. Inb4 my next save gets corrupted.

Comrade Goby said:

The NPCs will be executing these same animations in front of you regardless of your camera choice (save for jumping). In 1st person you may not see your character unable to run diagonally, but everyone else in the gameworld will still be unable to run diagonally.

No goby, you are the full retards

Anyway, exploring in 1st person all the time makes me dizzy. Panning the camera away now and then alleviates the effect.

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
What the fuck I had just killed the souvenir dude in Novac and then I was taking a look at his radioactive closet and then boone starts talking about his beret... while he's not in the room

And do I lose much content by killing vulpes?

You'll get a "Like" point if Boone sees you kill Vulpes. You need 5/13 of them to unlock Boone's quest.

bussinrounds

Augur
Clockwork Knight said:
Comrade Goby said:

The NPCs will be executing these same animations in front of you regardless of your camera choice (save for jumping). In 1st person you may not see your character unable to run diagonally, but everyone else in the gameworld will still be unable to run diagonally.

No goby, you are the full retards

Anyway, exploring in 1st person all the time makes me dizzy. Panning the camera away now and then alleviates the effect.
These hiking sims lend themselves to being played in 1st person. It gives you the feeling like your the one actually out there exploring.

That's the strength of these games.

How the fuck do you get dizzy ? Do you sit there spinning in circles ? Or do you have vertigo or something ?

bussinrounds said:
These hiking sims lend themselves to being played in 1st person. It gives you the feeling like your the one actually out there exploring.

OR it gives you the feeling that you're just a floaty spectator in a gameworld you don't belong to, an effect particularly noticeable in bethesdian games where you don't even see your lower body when looking downwards.

I'd rather see my character in the gameworld, either through OTS, topdown, sideview or whatever other perspective. And since we're talking about hiking sims OTS cam lets you have all the landscape-admiring functionality of fpp while retaining the sense of identity you have from seeing your character in the gameworld, the "link".

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
For me the third person view makes the game unplayable if I want to do anything other than moving. Whatever. I like fast travel.

Project: Eternity
Hmm... That looks like it will be very silly.
But I suppose it's the Fallout 2 version of New Vegas DLC. I just hope that it's funny. Probably won't be up to par with Dead Money, nor even Honest Hearts, might be very stupid... But I'm an optimist. It might be very funny.
...Who am I kidding, it's Canterbury Commons again :(. But it'll at least be an Avellone-written version of it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom