Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Inactive Ninjas, Samurai, Rock & Roll! [Yo Jin Bo LP]

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Crooked Bee said:
@ Mrowak

Hey Mrowak, long time no see! How ya been?

Long time no see, indeed, Bee. It's not that I abandoned the Codex, as I still drop by to lurk, but ever since I noticed the first simptoms of skywayitis in myself I kinda detatched from the daily activities here. Hard time earning potato also takes its toll - I no longer have time to play games. Lastly, these days, instead of a place to have a serious discussion about RPGs (how foolish of me that I once believed so ;) ) I treat the Dex more as a source of knowledge about more obscure :incline: oriented sorts of media (books, comics, films, games etc.). And though I swear to God that you won't see me playing "Threads of Fate" and suchlike, I still reckon you do outstanding job presenting those gems.

And yeah, BC's sudden aversion to hardcore dungeon-crawlers saddens me. Her LPs of those were really the best. But well, if she thinks that's a change for the better, I can accept that. :P

I sorta understand how can this come about (as evidenced by my half-abandoned Rance LP), - with the recent :decline: in its strongest each day I too find myself less and less passionate about the games I once loved. This still doesn't change the fact that it is sad news. BC's LP of "The Legacy" is arguably the best LP debut evar. I wish we could have more LPs in similar vein. Hopefully, the sudden change of tastes is nothing permanent.

Edit:
Black Cat said:
@ Mrowak

Forget it.

Betrayer! :cry:

vd.jpg

Kz3r0

Arcane
[img:3u2xswxq]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_N8IldrqkFPQ/TCW4WXtEceI/AAAAAAAAAH8/fasmMPH_oBo/S220/2+many+black+cats.jpg[/img] said:
I am da Legionya, fo' we are many and fluffy.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
So many boys with weird hair colour at once. :roll:

HatsuShy.png
Mmm-hmm. Just because I'm pretty, they keep following me and won't give up. I said "please stop!" And they just said "It's fine, what's the big deal?"

:thumbsup:
Now that's an attitude I can appreciate.

:salute:

By the way, do you know you can capture screenshots with Irfanview ("Options -> Capture -> Foreground window - Client area") without those application borders getting in the way? Like this:

capture_0001.png

Pretty handy, I think. (Just be sure to create a separate folder for every session or change the output filename since otherwise Irfanview will overwrite everything without mercy.) Not that I mind the current screens, but perhaps you might find that useful.

BC said:
Okay, I may allow me to be convinced then. :oops:

:P You do that, sis. Take your time, though, of course.

@ Mrowak

Glad to hear you're doing fine, Mrowak! I know what you mean: when you're really burned out, you don't even have the energy for gaming or almost anything else. And yeah, let's hope BC gets back to complex obscure crawlers one day.

Mrowak said:
And though I swear to God that you won't see me playing "Threads of Fate" and suchlike, I still reckon you do outstanding job presenting those gems.

:P Thanks!

Erebus

Arcane
Out of curiosity, is it mandatory for otome games to include a shota amongst the possible love interests ?

I seem to remember that "Yojimbo" means "bodyguard" and is the title of the Kurosawa movie that inspired "For a fistful of dollars"... which is probably completely irrelevant as far as this game is concerned.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
I hate everyone in this LP. Except for super short skirt girl. I hate her too but not her skirt.

The Wizard

Educated
YoJinBo000378.png

what the fuck are you we-

YoJinBo000387.png

WHAT THE F-

YoJinBo000402.png

your choice of fashion gave me cancer. i hope you are proud of your accomplishment.

also his hair is stupid.

Black Cat

Magister
Chapter the fifth; Teh Drama!
In which we are given a bunch of background information that will be, at best, barely important through the game. Other than that we will only get the characters of Hatsuhime and Muneshige established, and then we will meet a character that is completely not the villain. Promise.

capture_012.png

capture_013.png

YaheiNormal.png
Princess! Young lady! I swear, if it isn't one thing, it's another!

HatsuNormal.png
If you yell too much, your blood pressure will go up.

YaheiNormal.png
My blood pressure has already gone up!

HatsuNormal.png
That's no good. Don't you know high blood pressure is a serious medical condition?

YaheiHappy.png
I know that! I watch ER!

capture_019.png

YaheiNormal.png
Nurse! I need 50cc's of -- I mean, Princess! Please stop changing the topic!

capture_025.png

MuneNormal.png
Sir Hanawa. That was a surprisingly spirited performance.

YaheiNormal.png
You be quiet! Anyway, you were with her! Why did you do nothing to stop her?

MuneShy.png
My humblest apologies...

YaheiNormal.png
Thinking a female attendant would be insufficient, I named you protector of this unmanageable princess. But instead of stopping her, you go out carousing with her!

YaheiUgh.png
What a deplorable state of affairs. At this rate, I will be unable to face our lord. And on top of that, I'm getting an ulcer -

HatsuNormal.png
Muneshige, I think those guys we met yesterday were wonderful!

YaheiNormal.png
Listen here!

HatsuNormal.png
All right, I'm listening, be quiet. You always make such a big deal out of everything.

YaheiNormal.png
That is because I am thinking of you, Princess! But when I talk to you, you keep changing the subject and refuse to give me a serious response!

YaheiUgh.png
I, Yahei Hanawa, am a poor, pathetic man... pity me...

HatsuNormal.png
Those guys were really strong, though. What were their names again? Yo, Jin, Bo, and Mon...

nya.jpg
And it's a real shame you will never get to meet Ittosai. He's so dreamy!

YaheiNormal.png
Princess!

HatsuNormal.png
Well, even when I try to listen, whatever you're saying is boring, and I want to change the topic.

YaheiNormal.png
I can't help if it's boring. Sometimes bitter medicine is necessary. If you get nothing but coddling, you'll never grow up.

HatsuNormal.png
Yes I will, I'm already and adult, you know.

YaheiUgh.png
If you are an adult, then try to be a little more aware of your station!

nya.jpg
Because stages of physical development should mean anything but that. :roll:

YaheiUgh.png
You're a young lady, but you wander around instead of showing a proper interest in tea and flower. At this rate, nobody will have you as a wife!

HatsuNormal.png
Well, there's always Muneshige.

YaheiWeird.png
Muneshige is your vassal! He is not a suitable partner for you!

YaheiWeird.png
Your future husband must be somebody appropriate to your station.

nya.jpg
Yahei-Kun, you better take another look at the crew and surrender to the inevitable. :roll:

capture_048.png

YaheiHappy.png
Oooh... what is it?

HatsuNormal.png
It's a pendant I bought at the festival last night. It comes all the way from Europe, and it's supposed to bring whoever wears it unbelievably good luck!

HatsuNormal.png
I can win the jackpot in Vegas and become a millionaire in one night! I can bathe in a golden bathtub with blonde bimbos! I can meet the man of my destiny!

nya.jpg
That's so my Bro, if we leave aside the part about men of destiny.

YaheiHappy.png
Oh, how magnificent! Please get one for me too... Is that what you want me to say?

HatsuNormal.png
The maiden who believes in it will be saved. Mr. Pendant, please guide me to that special someone... Ah! A green light!

MuneMB.png
It's showing us the way to Laputa!

capture_057.png

nya.jpg
I assume all of that was a reference to Laputa, but I don't really know as I haven't seen that movie.

YaheiWeird.png
My comic timing was off.

HatsuNormal.png
Drat. But anyway, I'm known in neighboring countries for my good looks, and now that I have this pendant, I'm romantically invincible. So don't worry.

nya.jpg
Even if nothing else had come out of this game, I'm romantically invincible would have been worth it.

YaheiNormal.png
What are you saying? To think a princess would rely on the powers of some dubious pendant...

HatsuNormal.png
Muneshige bought a necktie pin, too.

YaheiNormal.png
Muneshige!

MuneShy.png
I am unworthy to face you...

YaheiNormal.png
You...! At any rate, try not to forget that until our lord returns from the capital, the princess is the head of the Mochizuki clan!

nya.jpg
Requiescat In Pace, Mochizuki Clan.

YaheiNormal.png
Please refrain from any rash behavior! Particularly now, when the supporters of young Lord Matsuchiyo are becoming increasingly active.

HatsuNormal.png
Matsuchiyo again? I've heard this already.

YaheiNormal.png
And you'll hear it again, until you understand how important this is.

HatsuNormal.png
Hmmph. First of all, why does anybody have a problem with me inheriting our clan, just because I'm a girl?

YaheiNormal.png
It has been the rule from ancient times that men are the only ones who can inherit...

nya.jpg
There has actually been one or two female clan heads. Alright, I'll give you that maybe they were totally tomboyish female clan heads, but then the princess has that covered too. And I can't really believe I'm correcting a japanese game on japanese history. * forever alone *

HatsuNormal.png
Muneshige, am I inferior to Matsuchiyo in any way?

MuneNormal.png
If I may be so bold - no, absolutely not.

HatsuNormal.png
You hear that?

YaheiWeird.png
No matter what you say, what's impossible is impossible.

nya.jpg
Nothing is true, everything is possible! And permissible, too. Nyarrr!

YaheiWeird.png
The shogunate watches the fiefs carefully to make sure that they do nothing out of the ordinary.

nya.jpg
I'm sorry, but this game has six love interests. Six. Not even the Shogunate would be able to stand against the power of that amount of Otome game guys.

YaheiWeird.png
Therefore, it would be impossible for you to inherit the fief. We would just be giving outside lord and the shogunate an excuse to taker over the Mochizuki clan.

HatsuPout.png
Fine, then let Matsuchiyo be the heir. Since I'm not in the line of succession and all.

YaheiWeird.png
Unfortunately, Matsuchiyo is descended from the illegitimate child of a woman who later married into the clan, and is not technically of Mochizuki blood.

YaheiNormal.png
Princess! It is the hope of all your vassals that you will find a fine son-in-law for your father, and bear a son who can become the lord of the Mochizuki clan!

HatsuPout.png
I'm not some tool for making babies.

YaheiWeird.png
I don't think you're anything of the sort. I merely would like you, as the Mochizuki princess, to consider the future of your clan.

HatsuNormal.png
Bo-oring.

nya.jpg
That's our princess, alright!

YaheiWeird.png
Have you forgotten? There was talk of you marrying the young lord of the neighboring Mayuzumi clan.

HatsuPout.png
Absolutely not! I refuse to exchange vows with somebody I've never met and know nothing about! I've told you this before!

HatsuPout.png
Besides, the successor of the Mayuzumi clan is still a child. I'm not some sort of baby-sitting service!

YaheiNormal.png
Princess...

HatsuPout.png
Think about this, Muneshige.

MuneMB.png
Yes.

HatsuNormal.png
For instance, if you were asked to marry a girl who wasn't even ten years old, what would you do?

nya.jpg
Princess, considering Muneshige's age, and how even then he is a, say, capturable character...

MuneShy.png
I would have to refuse.

nya.jpg
I can read your guilt in your face, Muneshige.

HatsuNormal.png
See!

YaheiNormal.png
Muneshige! Don't let her explain things away so easily! It is the duty of members of a warrior house to marry partners they do not know.

YaheiWeird.png
When our current lord married the princess' mother, she was only nine...

HatsuPout.png
I've heard that too! ...Anyway, you say that this is what the entire clan wants me to do, but what about all the people who support Matsuchiyo?

YaheiUgh.png
Well, that - that is -

HatsuNormal.png
So why don't we just let Matsuchiyo become the heir?

YaheiNormal.png
No! That is why we must have you married as soon as possible, so we can prove that there is more than one possible line of succession.

HatsuPout.png
I don't want to marry someone I don't love.

nya.jpg
Emot-neckbeard.gif

YaheiNormal.png
But in the current state of affairs, if something were to happen to our lord, it would surely bring about a struggle for succession. Please understand, Princess.

HatsuShy.png
It isn't fair...

YaheiNormal.png
Princess!

HatsuPout.png
I know already! I'm not saying I won't get married. But...

YaheiUgh.png
But?

HatsuNormal.png
But I have to find my husband myself! Are you happy now?

YaheiUgh.png
But Princess, that is...

HatsuNormal.png
This conversation is over. Muneshige! Bring my horse!

YaheiNormal.png
Please wait! We're not done talking yet.

nya.jpg
Jesus, guy, you are unbearable. Go die somewhere.

MuneMB.png
Princess. Just this once, please listen to what Sir Hanawa has to say...

HatsuPout.png
I thought I told you to bring my horse. If you're just going to stand there, I'll have to go to the stables and do it myself.

MuneNormal.png
Please wait!

YaheiNormal.png
Princess! Princess Hatsuhime!

YaheiNormal.png
A messenger from the Mayuzumi clan is coming tomorrow. Please prepare yourself for the engagement meeting... Wait!

Hatsuhime rushed out of the room, away from Yahei, though he shouted after her. She stamped noisily down the corridor towards the stables.

capture_124.png

MuneNormal.png
Princess. Sir Hanawa is doing his utmost to do what is best for you.

HatsuNormal.png
Not me, the clan. He's trying to do what's best for the Mochizuki clan.

MuneNormal.png
In his position, that is natural. But do you really think he is not thinking of you as well?

HatsuPout.png
I know.

MuneNormal.png
Then perhaps you should listen a little bit more to what he has to say?

HatsuPout.png
No! That's one thing, and this is another.

nya.jpg
That's our princess!

MuneNormal.png
Princess... Perhaps, is there someone you already care for?

nya.jpg
*facepaw*

HatsuNormal.png
There's nobody. When would I have the chance to meet somebody good, anyway? It's not like any of you people ever get close to me.

MuneShy.png
That's, that is - not entirely true.

HatsuPout.png
... What was that?

MuneShy.png
Um, well... You are a very lovely woman, Princess, and...

nya.jpg
*facepaw*

Hatsusigh.png
I can tell when you're trying to flatter me, you know. You always start speaking in a monotone.

MuneShy.png
My apologies.

HatsuNormal.png
I don't mind. Your inability to flatter people is one of the things I like about you.

nya.jpg
Princess is weird. :?

MuneMB.png
Yes.

HatsuShy.png
Is every other girl in the world fine with this? Can they all fall in love with somebody they've never met, no matter who?

MuneDreamy.png

HatsuShy.png
Say, Muneshige. Am I just being incredibly selfish?

nya.jpg
There's nothing like incredibly selfish, Princess. There's only not enough.

MuneDreamy.png
Princess...

HatsuShy.png

MuneNormal.png
If I may be so bold, I would say that given your position, there will be some people who will criticize you for being selfish.

MuneDreamy.png
However, it may be natural that you, as an individual, cannot make your heart agree to this.

HatsuNormal.png
I see. So that's what you think, Muneshige.

MuneMB.png
Yes.

capture_154.png

MuneShy.png
Huh?

HatsuNormal.png
Look, that's what I was saying! That you should never lie to yourself!

MuneShy.png
But, well, Princess - that is -

HatsuNormal.png
Ahh, I feel much better. All right, Muneshige. Bring the horses!

MuneShy.png
Princess! You are indeed a little - no, very - selfish! Princess!

HatsuNormal.png
So, let's go for a walk.

MuneShy.png
Princess!

capture_163.png

capture_165.png

Clip-clop, clip-clop...

nya.jpg
Those being the steps of horsies.

HatsuNormal.png
Ahh! This feels so good.

MuneNormal.png
Princess! Please don't go too fast!

HatsuNormal.png
It's okay. Kiyokoma is used to this. How is it, Kiyokoma? Isn't it fun?

Neigh...

HatsuNormal.png
Besides, you're the one who taught me to ride, Muneshige. If I fell, it would be your fault.

nya.jpg
She's such a bitch. :lol:

MuneShy.png
Uuhh...

HatsuNormal.png
I'm human, too. I need to get outside once in a while.

nya.jpg
I'm assuming she just said KKKodexia counts among its inhabitants with several aliens...

MuneNormal.png

HatsuNormal.png
That's not a straight line or anything.

MuneShy.png
I wasn't saying anything.

HatsuNormal.png
You were making a face like you wanted to say something.

MuneShy.png
My face is always like that.

nya.jpg
So you always want to say something?

HatsuNormal.png
And that's why I don't get any marriage proposals.

MuneNormal.png
Are you sure the problem isn't your own face?

nya.jpg
You are a true gentleman, Muneshige. :roll:

HatsuNormal.png
What are you talking about? If I could only meet a man, I'm sure he'd be falling over himself to marry me.

MuneNormal.png
Well, I have the same problem.

nya.jpg
If only you could meet a man, etc?

MuneNormal.png
I've been at your side serving you for ten years now, and I've missed all my chances to meet somebody.

HatsuNormal.png
Then when I get married, I'll make it up to. We'll find you a wife, so relax.

MuneDreamy.png
... I just hope all this happens before I'm an old man.

HatsuNormal.png
Well, let's think. If neither of us can find somebody... Then... I'll marry you.

nya.jpg
Once I thought this was a really stupid thing to say but, ridiculous as it sounds, I once had a friend do exactly that to me, the if neither finds someone they like let's marry routine, and a girl said something similar to my ex once, so I'm not sure it's so weird or rare anymore. What still amazes me, though, is that Muneshige didn't sent her to screw herself and became a Ronin right there. I mean, like, really.

MuneShy.png
Please, Princess, do not joke...

HatsuPout.png
I'm serious. What, I'm not good enough for you?

MuneShy.png
That's not it at all! What I mean is... The problem isn't that I don't like you...

HatsuNormal.png
I know. Don't make that upset face, Muneshige ... It was just a joke.

nya.jpg
Right-o. :roll:

MuneShy.png
Please. Don't tease a grown man like that!

HatsuNormal.png
Hahahah. You're blushing.

MuneShy.png
Princess!

HatsuNormal.png
You're redder than a ladybug. I guess even master swordsmen have their tender side -

MuneWarface.png
Huh?

HatsuScared.png
What? You're making a scary face all of a sudden. Did something upset you?

MuneMB.png
Stop the horse. There's somebody up ahead.

HatsuNormal.png
Who is it?

nya.jpg
Let's check the crystal ball. :roll:

MuneMB.png
You there! Show yourself! If you do not, I will drag you out!

Unknown: Hmm. You certainly have a dangerous way of saying things.

capture_203.png

MuneMB.png
Ooh, it's you! Please forgive me. I was quite rude.

HaruNormal.png
It's fine, it's fine. A bodyguard who did not do at least that much would be terribly lax. I should apologize myself.

HatsuNormal.png
Harumoto Ohno, right? What is the Chief Inspector doing in a place like this?

HaruNormal.png
And you must be Princess Hatsuhime. I was on patrol to make sure there were no suspicious individuals in the area. And so, I happened to pause here for a bit.

MuneNormal.png
The Chief Inspector goes on patrol himself?

HaruNormal.png
With the lord absent, I would be unforgivably derelict in my duties if I did not do at least that.

HatsuNormal.png
It must be tough to be the Chief Inspector.

HaruNormal.png
Haha. And where might you be going, Princess?

HatsuNormal.png
Oh, we were just riding our horses here and there.

HaruNormal.png
For "here and there," you've come quite a long way from the castle.

HatsuNormal.png
Well, this and that happened. It was a pleasan diversion. Is there something wrong with that, Harumoto?

HaruNormal.png
No, not at all. If you don't mind my saying, I've noticed you have escellent riding technique. Just what one would expect of the daughter of a warrior house.

HatsuNormal.png
I learned it all from Muneshige.

HaruNormal.png
Ohh.

MuneNormal.png
That is indeed so.

HaruNormal.png
Incidentally, are you not tired? I am the chamberlain of Kitahama Castle, which lies just to the north.

HaruNormal.png
Would you like to rest there for a while? I am sure all of the retainers would be delighted if you were to grace us with your presence.

HatsuNormal.png
Oh? Kitahama Castle? Isn't that the castle next to the lake that's supposed to be the most beautiful in all the realm?

HaruEvil.png
Well, in certain seasons, young couples certainly descend upon it in great force.

HatsuNormal.png
I hear if you want to stay in an inn near there, you have to make reservations at least a year in advance.

HaruEvil.png
This is true. Still, however many inns and teahouses there may be, the view of the lake that you get from the castle is unsurpassed.

HaruEvil.png
It's like the difference between a cockroach and a giant Hercules beetle.

HatsuNormal.png
That reminds me... I still haven't beaten Mushi King yet. Muneshige, take a memo.

nya.jpg
Clicky click this linkity link, nya!

HaruNormal.png
Like the difference between a Venosaur and a Mew Two!

HatsuNormal.png
Still haven't become a Pokemon master yet, either. Memo, memo. Once you become a master, it's all over though.

MuneMB.png
Princess!

HaruNormal.png
Like the difference between a TIE Fighter and the Death Star.

HatsuPout.png
That's no moon!

MuneShy.png
Princess, perhaps you should just say yes.

HaruNormal.png
If you visit, I will even have our chef - the pride of our castle - prepare his three star cuisine, especially those sweets that you young ladies are so fond of.

HatsuNormal.png
Ooh! Sweets!

nya.jpg
You should work on that while you still have a shape to save, Princess. :roll:

HaruMwahaha.png
Be our guest! Be our guest! Put our service to the test!

nya.jpg
I... I just... I can't believe that.

HatsuNormal.png
Let's go! Let's go right now, Muneshige.

MuneShy.png
But, Princess...

HatsuNormal.png
He can't be a bad man if he's offering me candy!

MuneShy.png
Where exactly did you hear that?

HaruNormal.png
Muneshige. What would you say to a nice, relaxing soak in the hot springs?

MuneNormal.png
There are hot springs in Kitahama?

HaruNormal.png
Yes. The water is piped directly from the source.

MuneMB.png
Aahh! Wonderbar!

HaruNormal.png
If you come to Kitahama, you can enjoy the finest view in all of Japan, and the most lip-smackingly delicious cuisine in all the world!

HaruEvil.png
Welcome to the Hotel Kitahama...

MuneShy.png
Hatsusigh.png
Plenty of room at the Hotel Kitahama...

HatsuNormal.png
Okay! We'll take you up on that, then!

HaruMwahaha.png
Two guests, checked in!

HatsuNormal.png
Hahaha.

MuneMB.png
Princess. Are you sure this is wise?

HatsuNormal.png
What? You were all excited too just a second ago, and now you're making a frowny face.

MuneMB.png
... For some reason, I have a strange feeling...

HatsuNormal.png
That means you're falling in love.

MuneMB.png
Princess!

HatsuNormal.png
Calm down, it was a joke. Harumoto Ohno might not have any fashion sense, but he seems like a nice person, doesn't he?

MuneMB.png
Does he?

HaruNormal.png
Mwahahaha.

HatsuNormal.png
Anyway, if anything did happen - which it won't - you'd be there.

MuneMB.png
Of course. However, I still say that we should not take the chance.

HatsuNormal.png
Just look at Harumoto's happy face! How can we say no to him now?

HaruNormal.png
Mwahahaha.

MuneShy.png
I'm not sure that's a happy face.

HatsuNormal.png
You are such a worrywart. You're starting to remind me of Yahei.

MuneShy.png
W-what did you just say? Did you just compare me to Sir Hanawa?

HatsuNormal.png
And to think you were once named the third-hottest man in the Mochizuki clan. Ahh, the vicissitudes of fate! Les Miserables!

MuneShy.png
The sun will come out to-morr-ow...

Hatsusigh.png
That's "Annie".

MuneShy.png
Forgive me.

HaruEvil.png
What are you doing, my lady? If you're having a karaoke contest, I would like to demonstrate my own skills!

HatsuNormal.png
No, we're done with that. Anyway, Harumoto, do you have mango pudding? I've only had it once before, but it was delicious!

HaruNormal.png
I see you keep abreast of all the latest culinary trends. Never fear; I shall have some prepared for you.

HatsuNormal.png
Great, great! Okay, Muneshige. Let's go.

MuneMB.png
Yes.

HatsuNormal.png
What, are you still worried?

HatsuNormal.png
You're the best swordsman in our clan, Muneshige. As long as you're there, I have nothing to be afraid of.

MuneNormal.png
Princess...

HatsuNormal.png
At the very least, I have to eat the mango pudding.

nya.jpg
I must not have food. Food is the girl-killer. Food is the litte death that brings total obliteration.

MuneShy.png
So in the end, you can't say no to food? But if you gain an ounce, you turn around and blame me for not stopping you...

HatsuNormal.png
I've burned my calories for today with the riding. And a little bit more flesh in the right places might not hurt me either.

MuneShy.png
Yes...

capture_313.png

Thus ends update five. Next one we will first have some more Hatsuhime and then go back to our heroine, Sayori. We will also start getting choices again, which is good. Also, Ninjas and Mickey Mouse impersonations. Stay tuned for more awesome and epic Samurai historical drama here in your favorite Playground series, Kurokasha-tan plays girly games so you don't have to, nya!

@ The Wizard

And you haven't seen anything yet... Wait until you meet Ittosai.

@ Oldmanpaco

Hate is such an horrible emotion, Paco. You should embrace them and try to become just like them instead, I say. Then girls will be drawing oldmanpaco fan art. :3

@ Erebus

It depends on the general style or, say, sub genre thingie the game belongs to. The basic Otome Games usually use the same archetypes and stock characters than light novels, anime, and manga, so in those the Shota is as common as, say, the childhood friend, the tsundere, the oujo, or the sociopath with glasses. The best ones usually play with the archetypes and the player's expectations of them, because in general the archetypes are kind of idiotic when outside of comedy games or self referencing games.

Otome games usually targeted at older women have a much smaller presence from the common archetypes, and the shota is almost completely absent. However, those are boring as fuck. If you look long enough you can actually find some pretty enjoyable stories in Otome games, usually in the urban fantasy genre, and even a couple of seriously good ones. This, however, does not include the otome games targeted at older woman, as those are usually about how the main character moves to a new city, a new job, a new university, or whatever and there she meets many new guys, all of whom are hot, and have pretty grounded personalities with pretty grounded traumas and subplots.

Darker Games like Bloody Call, Armen Noir, or Edel Blume almost never use the shota archetypes, I guess because you can't really take seriously a twelve years old guy in that kind of setting and with that kind of atmosphere. Some, however, may have an older guy with a childish personality to have it covered in some way.

Fetish ones some times do, and some times don't. It depends in the kind of fetishes, I supose. For example, an Otome game mostly about rape and psychological torture usually do not have shotas, as those are mostly for fans of the sociopath with glasses or vampire guys, demon guys, incubi, and the like.

On the other comment, you are right on both accounts: A Yojinbo is a bodyguard, yes, and the movie has little, if anything, to do with the game. In the game, the name comes from both the nicknames of the three poster boys, being Yo and Jin and Bo, and from the six guy being, more or less, her bodyguards.

@ Miss Bee

By the way, do you know you can capture screenshots with Irfanview ("Options -> Capture -> Foreground window - Client area") without those application borders getting in the way?

Now I know, and thus I switched to Irfanview. Thank you for the advice. ^^

And it isn't weird hair, Sis. It is cool hair.

:rpgcodex:

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Muneshige is whom I'm going to vote for. Nothing like an older father figure to creep things up a bit.

Also he is the only one who doesn't look like a girl or a special needs kid.

Black Cat

Magister
I believe oldmanpaco has been playing us for fools all this time, and that he's actually an active poster in several Otome Games forums!

oldmanpaco said:
Muneshige is whom I'm going to vote for. Nothing like an older father figure to creep things up a bit.

Also he is the only one who doesn't look like a girl or a special needs kid.

Munashige is my favorite! Other bodyguards just .... are morons and look like transvestites. :(

That's a perfect match! Mitsuketa, Paco-San! :M

Crooked Bee

Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
This game is just so wacky. I love wacky games and wacky references. Reminds me of Labyrinth of Touhou in that regard.
And I should definitely write down "romantically invincible".

already and adult
a pleasan diversion

Typos detected! Initiating extermination protocol.

BC said:

Just... what kind of a game is that? A beetle Pokemonlike?

HatsuNormal.png

:lol: Good one.

BC said:
And it isn't weird hair, Sis. It is cool hair.

:troll:

Erebus

Arcane
Black Cat said:
nya.jpg
I assume all of that was a reference to Laputa, but I don't really know as I haven't seen that movie.

Yes, the movie has a pendant emitting a ray of light that shows the way to the floating city of Laputa. (You should check out the movie, by the way. It's not quite my favourite from Miiyazaki, but it's close.)

I'm beginning to wonder how many anachronistic pop culture references this game is going to throw at us...

lightbane

Arcane
Goddamit, that girl is really ASKING for it, she deserves nothing but an horrible death for being so annoying.

I'm assuming she just said KKKodexia counts among its inhabitants with several aliens...

Well duh, there's a reason why Prosper is so weird :M :M

Too easy.

WTF was that beetle pokemon/digimon thing?

Mrowak

Arcane
lightbane said:
Goddamit, that girl is really ASKING for it, she deserves nothing but an horrible horribly death tasteful treatment for being so annoying.

ranceface2.jpg

fix'd

Black Cat

Magister
Miss Bee said:
Just... what kind of a game is that? A beetle Pokemonlike?

Lightbane-kun said:
WTF was that beetle pokemon/digimon thing?

It's a weird japanese thingie, kind of a hybrid between an arcade machine and a collectible card game. The cards are scanned by the machine during the game, and the machine also gives new cards in certain cases or when certain conditions are met.

Lightbane-kun said:
Goddamit, that girl is really ASKING for it, she deserves nothing but an horrible death for being so annoying.

You may enjoy the next update.

Erebus said:
Yes, the movie has a pendant emitting a ray of light that shows the way to the floating city of Laputa. (You should check out the movie, by the way. It's not quite my favourite from Miiyazaki, but it's close.)

Thank you for the recomendation. I'll give it a shot.

And about the modern pop culture references... A lot. :P

Mrowak said:

Given your interests some day I'll make a Let's Play thingie of Ijiwaru My Master just for you. Or maybe one of Under The Moon's Love/Hate routes.

Black Cat

Magister
Chapter the sixth; The price of pudding.
In which Princess Hatsuhime barely survives an assasination attempt, thanks to Muneshige. Then they will start looking for a way out the castle of their enemies, talk and whine and discuss a lot while doing so, hide, and then get killed. Later, Sayori will awake from such dream only to find herself in the princess' body and just seconds before the attack!

capture_315.png

capture_333.png

HatsuNormal.png
Oooh, I'm so full. That was delicious.

As Harumoto had promised, the hospitality at Kitahama Castle was first rate. The view, the dinner, the dessert - it had all been splendid. Hatsuhime was hugely satisfied.

HatsuNormal.png
Maybe the pendant's taking effect already? Lucky me!

HatsuNormal.png
Still, when I'm this full, I start to get sleepy...

capture_338.png

Just as she was falling into a doze, a voice called from the other side of the screen.

MuneMB.png
Princess. Princess!

HatsuNormal.png
Mmmm...

MuneMB.png
Princess, I'm coming in. Forgive me.

Slllide...

HatsuScared.png
Huh? Muneshige? Wait! Are you sneaking into my room at night for that? I'm not psychologically prepared yet!

nya.jpg
*Epic Facepaw*

capture_345.png

MuneShy.png
W-what sort of ridiculous thing are you saying? This is not the time for jokes!

HatsuPout.png
What is it?

MuneMB.png
Sssh! Don't speak so loudly. We're leaving the castle at once.

HatsuPout.png
What's going on?

MuneMB.png
There is a suspicious atmosphere in the castle.

capture_352.png

HatsuPout.png
A suspicious atmosphere? There must be something going on! Something big!

MuneNormal.png
You're not supposed to be happy about it! Now, come with me.

HatsuPout.png
Right.

MuneMB.png
Luckily, I was raised in Kitahama Castle, so I know all the hidden passages and secret exits.

nya.jpg
And there was not a single line of foreshadowing before now? Muneshige Ex Machina, it is!

HatsuNormal.png
Okay. I'm counting on you, Muneshige.

Hatsuhime still didn't know exactly what was going on in the castle, but it looked like now was not the time to ask questions. Now she had to trust Muneshige and do what he said.

MuneWarface.png
Hmm... Somebody's coming this way.

Muneshige and Hatsuhime concealed themselves in a nearby room. As they did, they heard the sound of footsteps entering the room where Hatsuhime had just been sleeping.

Swwoosh!

Ninja.png
What? The princess isn't here! Did she suspect something?

Ninja2.png
Her bed is still warm. She can't have gone far. Find her!

There were more footsteps.

nya.jpg
Those Ninjas must be fake! Real ones had no footsteps!

HatsuPout.png
Muneshige... this is...

nya.jpg
[perception] :roll:

MuneMB.png
Yes. They are after your life.

HatsuPout.png
It does look like that.

MuneMB.png
Come, we must hurry.

They crept out into the courtyard, hiding briefly in the shadow of a tree. Lanterns were lit here and there in the castle, and they could see the silhouettes of their pursuers as they moved.

MuneMB.png
There is no place to hide near the front gate, so we cannot escape from there. We will have to go out the back. Let us run.

HatsuPout.png
Right.

The gravel crunched under their feet.

HatsuScared.png
Aaah!

Thud!

capture_377.png

MuneMB.png
What is it? We must hurry!

capture_379.png

HatsuPout.png
I know! This stupid skirt! It keeps tripping me up.

MuneMB.png
Princess! Get on my back.

HatsuPout.png
No. I'm not a little kid... I don't need to be carried!

nya.jpg
Ninjas, Princess. Ninjas.

MuneMB.png
This isn't the time to say things like that! Please, we have to hurry!

HatsuNormal.png
...I understand.

capture_385.png

When she was a child, she'd gotten piggyback rides from Muneshige too many times to count.

nya.jpg
He knows her from when she was but a mere child and used to give her piggyback rides, yet still wants to... to... to... :/!

His broad, strong back... Hatsuhime pressed her face against it and breathed in that familiar scent.

HatsuShy.png
It's been a long time...

He always knew how to comfort her, even when she was on the verge of tears. No matter what happened, Muneshige's gentle gaze always reassured her.

Having him at her side... it made her feel safe.

HatsuShy.png
Muneshige...

MuneDreamy.png
Yes, what is it?

HatsuShy.png
Nothing. I was just saying your name.

MuneDreamy.png
Are you tired already, Princess? Show a little spirit.

HatsuPout.png
What are you talking about! I'm perfectly fine. Anyway, you should be running.

MuneDreamy.png
It hasn't come to that yet. Now, hang on tight!

HatsuNormal.png
Oh, you're going so fast, everything's a blur.

MuneDreamy.png
If you move around too much, you'll fall off.

HatsuNormal.png
You've never dropped me even once, Muneshige. I'm not worried.

MuneDreamy.png
Well, I did give you quite a few piggyback rides when you were a little girl.

HatsuNormal.png
Really? ...I'd forgotten.

nya.jpg
Tsundere detected.

MuneShy.png
You've forgotten? You used to pester me for them all the time. Still, I have to say, you're a little bit heavier than you used to be.

nya.jpg
... ... ...

HatsuPout.png
What? Are you saying I've gotten fat? You just made yourself the enemy of women everywhere, Muneshige.

MuneShy.png
No, that's not what I - All I'm saying is, you've matured... Ow! Please don't pull my hair!

nya.jpg
... ... ...

HatsuPout.png
I've "matured"? You and your filthy mind. Men are such pigs. Take this!

MuneShy.png
Ow, ow, ow! You're... strangling... me... Princess! I really can't breathe!

HatsuPout.png
You're noisy. Be quiet!

nya.jpg
Kettle, Pot, etc.

She clung fiercely to Muneshige. As she did, she could feel the warmth of his whole body, and her anxiety melted away.

What would Muneshige's face look like, if she told him that he was her first love? She knew this wasn't the time for that, but still...

HatsuNormal.png
Muneshige.

Saying nothing, Muneshige quickened his pace. As Hatsuhime turned to glance at his profile, his face was somehow more unreadable than it had ever been. She swallowed back the words that were on her lips.

They moved unspeaking through the moonlight, and finally made hteir way to a huge and ancient pine at the edge of the castle.

capture_417.png

MuneMB.png
Ah... so, is it still here?

After Hatsuhime had climbed off, Muneshige did a quick circuit of the tree and, grinning, began to speak.

MuneNormal.png
Come, Princess. Behind this pine.

HatsuNormal.png
... What is it?

MuneNormal.png
It's a secret passage I made when I was a child.

Hatsusigh.png
A secret passage?

MuneNormal.png
All boys love secret passages and military drills. They're are just so drill-ing. Now, to the White Base!

nya.jpg
I want to cry.

Hatsusigh.png
Uuummm... right.

Thick roots sprawled out from the massive pine, and when Hatsuhime looked carefully, she could see a small hole between them. She crawled in on all fours. A spiderweb dragged stickily across her cheek.

nya.jpg
Why is it always spiders? :(

MuneGrr.png
Da da da, da-da da dum!

nya.jpg
Being Mission Impossible's theme he's singing...

HatsuPout.png
Muneshige!

MuneShy.png
I beg your pardon. Just a memory from my childhood...

Deep in the tunnel, there was a space directly beneath the pine just big enough for two adults to squeeze into. The moonlight spilled down through the roots.

capture_435.png

MuneNormal.png
I found this when I was a child. It might have been used to hide soldiers during the Warring States period.

HatsuNormal.png
Really?

MuneNormal.png
It brings back memories. Power UP -

HatsuPout.png
Muneshige!

MuneShy.png
Forgive me.

Squeak, squeak...

HatsuScared.png
W-what was that? Was somebody crying?

MuneNormal.png
Well, there are quite a few mice and such here... Please pay it no mind.

HatsuScared.png
I do mind! I hate mice!

nya.jpg
More or less than being chopped into little bloody squishy chunks by ninjas, Princess? :roll:

MuneMB.png
In the immortal words of Julie Andrews, "Just a spoonful of sugar makes the medicine go down"...

nya.jpg
I will never look at Samurai the same way after this...

Hatsusigh.png

MuneMB.png
So just pretend they're all Mickey Mouse. "Now! Come with me to a magical kingdom, squeak!"

nya.jpg
And he's actually doing the voice...

Hatsusigh.png
That's all wrong!

MuneMB.png
Shh!

Suddenly, Muneshige's hand was covering her mouth.

Ninja.png
Hey! Did you hear something?

Ninja2.png
No. Are you sure it wasn't your imagination?

HatsuShy.png
I'm sorry, Muneshige.

MuneMB.png
Shh!

Ninja.png
It's not my imagination. I definitely heard somebody saying "squeak."

nya.jpg
*double facepaw*

MuneShy.png
It was me...

HatsuPout.png
Muneshige!

Ninja.png
Gather everybody!

nya.jpg
Everypony!

Ninja.png
Have them split up and search the area. One way or another, we must find the princess!

Ninja2.png
Understood!

MuneShy.png
I am so sorry...

HatsuScared.png
You are pathetic.

MuneShy.png
I buy ten copies of the same game, because I want the little prizes that come with it... I am pathetic.

HatsuNormal.png
So. What do we do now?

MuneMB.png
Princess. Listen carefully. This tunnel goes back even further. I can't fit through it, but you should be able to...

HatsuPout.png
What are you saying? Are you telling me to run away by myself? Absolutely not!

MuneDreamy.png
Don't worry about me. After all, you were the one who called me the greatest swordsman in the clan.

MuneDreamy.png
I will be fine by myself. More importantly, this castle dates back to the Genpei War, and since then, it has been repaired and rebuilt many times.

MuneDreamy.png
It was last rebuilt in the Warring States period. At the end of this tunnel, there is an inner moat from an older period, which is now used as a prison.

MuneDreamy.png
There is no light there, even during the day, so no one would be able to see you. If you could be patient and hide yourself there...

HatsuPout.png
No! No! Absolutely not!

MuneDreamy.png
Princess, I swear I will come for you.

HatsuPout.png
But I thought you were pathetic...

MuneDreamy.png
I am pathetic. But, please believe in this pathetic man!

HatsuPout.png
I have a bad feeling about this... I feel like I might never see you again!

Ninja.png
Bring the torches! I see footprints!

Ninja2.png
Where? Where?

MuneMB.png
Listen! If we're found here, then we'll both be killed. I'm going to go out and fight, and that will be your chance to escape.

HatsuPout.png
...Muneshige, are you sure? Are you sure you'll come back to me?

MuneMB.png
Yes. Now please, get into the tunnel.

HatsuPout.png
Can you promise me?

MuneDreamy.png
I promise. And I've never broken a promise, have I?

HatsuPout.png
No, you have.

MuneShy.png
Huh? When was that?

HatsuNormal.png
I was learning to play the koto, and you said you'd stay until I was finished, but instead you disappeared somewhere!

MuneNormal.png
Yes. I was waiting, but I ran into an old friend, and - Anyway, that's long past, so please forgive me.

HatsuPout.png
I won't forgive you. Not for the rest of my life. I can never forgive anybody who breaks a promise to me! That's why I stopped playing the koto.

MuneDreamy.png
Princess...

HatsuShy.png
So you have to... you have to come back alive.

MuneMB.png
Princess Hatsuhime. I hear and obey.

HatsuNormal.png
I feel better... now go!

MuneMB.png
Please be safe!

HatsuPout.png
Right!

Muneshige leapt out swinging his sword, as Hatsuhime entered the tunnel.

Ninja.png
There he is! Get him, get him!

Ninja2.png
The princess must be nearby! Capture her!

capture_507.png

Slash! Strike!

HatsuPout.png
I'm not going to cry, I'm not going to cry, I absolutely will not cry...

The tunnel led further and further back, getting narrower as it went, and it would take a long time to reach the end. But when Hatsuhime thought of Muneshige, who was risking his life, she dared not complain.

HatsuPout.png
All right, the exit!

capture_514.png

Just as she was thinking this, a bright light appeared at the end of the tunnel.

HatsuScared.png
What?

capture_517.png

HaruNormal.png
Hahaha. Come on out, Princess Hatsuhime.

HatsuPout.png
You're... Harumoto?

capture_520.png

Harumoto was standing, surrounded by ninjas, at the end of the tunnel nobody was supposed to know about.

HatsuPout.png
Why... why are you here?

HaruNormal.png
What, surprised?
codextrollface.png

HaruNormal.png
Shabby though this castle is, your father entrusted it to me. I have a pretty good idea where all the secret places are.

HaruNormal.png
Well, seeing as Kitahama Castle was built in ancient times, it's practically riddled with secret passages. It would be dangerous for me not to know them.

nya.jpg
He has a pretty good point.

HatsuPout.png
Harumoto, do you understand what it is you're doing?

HaruNormal.png
Mwahahah.

nya.jpg
:lol:

HatsuPout.png
Do you know that you are pointing a sword at the daughter of the lord? Put it down!

HaruEvil.png
I know I'm pointing a sword at the lord's daughter. I'd have to be pretty dense not to have figured that out. You pathetic parasite!

HatsuPout.png
Harumoto... What are you going to do to me?

nya.jpg
Make a wild guess...

HaruNormal.png
What am I going to do to you? Well? Aren't you going to plead for your life? Aren't you going to beg to be saved?

HatsuPout.png
Why are you doing this?

HaruNormal.png
You should know that! I'm doing this for the sake of our house, for the entire Mochizuki clan.

HaruNormal.png
With you out of the way, young Matsuchiyo will become the next lord, and the real power will fall to me.

HatsuPout.png
You would kill the daughter of the lord for the sake of your own ambitions?

nya.jpg
[Perception] :roll: :roll:

HaruNormal.png
My ambitions? Do you have any idea what a selfish, talentless girl like you would do our government?

HaruNormal.png
The Mochizuki clan cannot be entrusted to a fool like you!

HatsuPout.png
Disgraceful... Certainly, you are a clever man, Harumoto. But there's more to being human than being clever. Do you not understand that?

HaruNormal.png
Oh... Just when I thought you were useless, you show a flair for debate. This is getting interesting.

HatsuPout.png
You were planning this all along.

nya.jpg
[Perception] :roll: :roll: :roll:

HaruNormal.png
If you're going to hate anyone, hate yourself for being lured here by your own selfishness. I'm just a poor moth being drawn to the fire.

HaruNormal.png
How could I possibly let this unbelievable chance get away?

HatsuPout.png
...At least let Muneshige go unharmed. He has nothing to do with this.

HaruEvil.png
Hahaha. I'm afraid I can't do that. My plan must be watertight. But I'll be sure to cry for you at your funeral.

HatsuPout.png
I'll let you do whatever you want to me. I'm begging you... just spare Muneshige!

HaruMwahaha.png
Mwahah! Cry! Scream! Yes! But there is only one path remaining to you... And that is death.

The light of the torches glinted along Harumoto's sword as he raised it. The sword swept down in a bright arc...

HaruMwahaha.png
Now die!

capture_560.png

Slash!!

pigcolonel.gif
Pachi Pachi Pachi Nano Desu.

The pendant broke loose from her neck...

Clatter!

It slid across the cold stone floor, far away from the torchlight, and was surrounded by a profound darkness. It had fallen into the sleep of endless history...

capture_565.png

capture_567.png

capture_568.png

Unknown: ...Princess. Princess!

No... ah... ah... It, it was... A dream?

This was... I was in a room...

capture_574.png

I remembered feeling frightened.

This wasn't my room, was it? Where was my bed? My desk? My bookshelf? Where was my nightstand?

There wasn't a single thing here that I recognized.

Where was I?

Unknown: Princess, I'm coming in. Forgive me.

capture_580.png

HatsuScared.png
Hugh? Ah! Aaah!

MuneShy.png
What? Why are you screaming?

HatsuScared.png
Ahh, uhh... I remember you! It was... Muneshige, right?

MuneMB.png
Sshh! What, are you still half-asleep? Princess, we need to leave the castle at once.

Huh? This was exactly like what I saw in my dream!

HatsuScared.png
Maybe I'm still dreaming... Princess? Do you mean me?

MuneMB.png
Of course. Do you see any other princesses around? Did you eat something funny? I wouldn't be surprised, given how much you ate.

HatsuScared.png
No, my stomach feels - Wait, you mean, I'm a princess?

MuneMB.png
There is a suspicious atmosphere in the castle.

HatsuScared.png
Huh? Wait... wait a second...

This is a dream. Somehow, I've entered my dream. Just like Alice in Wonderland! No problem, then... but what -

MuneMB.png
Princess! I'm begging you, get yourself together. This isn't the time to play games! We need to run!

HatsuScared.png
Eh, um...

MuneMB.png
Luckily, I was raised in Kitahama Castle, so I know all the hidden passages and secret exits.

HatsuScared.png

While I was standing there in blank confusion, Muneshige reached out and grabbed my hand. Something about the strenght of his hand made my heart race.

HatsuScared.png
Ah...

MuneMB.png
Forgive me. Now come!

Saying this, he moved to open the sliding door - and at that moment, somebody opened it from the other side.

HatsuScared.png
Ah!

Ninja.png
Where do you think you're going?

Ninja2.png
Hatsuhime! We will take your life now!

Remembering the vision of the sword coming down on the princess, I shut my eyes tightly.

MuneWarface.png
You dogs!

Swipe!

capture_611.png

Slash!

Ninja.png
Aauughhh!

capture_615.png

Slash!

Ninja2.png
Arrghh!

Muneshige sheathed his sword.

MuneMB.png
Princess, come!

HatsuScared.png
Um, ah... my legs...

My knees had buckled as I watched the terrible scene unfold. I couldn't manage to make my legs move. Even though it was a dream, it was so real...

MuneMB.png
Forgive me!

capture_625.png

HatsuScared.png
Aaah!

I was suddenly being embraced, picked up... This was... he was carrying me on his back? Just like the princess in the dream before, I was getting carried by Muneshige?

HatsuScared.png
Aahh! Too fast!

MuneMB.png
You have to be careful not to bite your tongue, so don't open your mouth too much. Now, hang on tight!

HatsuShy.png
Yes...

Muneshige's back was broad and warm. When was the last time I'd had a piggyback ride? Kindergarten, or early in middle school, maybe? Had it felt like this then...?

capture_632.png

MuneDreamy.png
Princess, you are not in pain, yes?

HatsuShy.png
Huh? ...No, I'm fine.

There were lanterns burning, throwing our shadows on the wall as we passed.

MuneMB.png
There is no place to hide near the front gate, so we cannot escape from there. We will have to go out the back.

HatsuShy.png
Yes... let's do that.

MuneShy.png
Princess, when you act so grown-up, I can't help but feel nervous, or... No, never mind.

HatsuShy.png
I'm sorry...

MuneDreamy.png
See, like that! I mean, you have nothing to apologize for.

HatsuShy.png
...Um, am I too heavy?

MuneDreamy.png
Well, you do weigh a lot more than you used to. Oops, I shouldn't have said that either.

Muneshige laughed cheerfully. I was sure he was trying to reassure me... Because I was acting so unlike the princess he was used to. I was probably making him nervous.

HatsuShy.png
I'm really sorry.

MuneDreamy.png
Huh? Why is that?

HatsuShy.png
I'm not acting like myself...

MuneDreamy.png
...After you just saw two people die, that's no surprise.

MuneDreamy.png
You must be in shock. Don't worry about it too much.

HatsuShy.png
...Yes. You're really a nice person, aren't you, Muneshige?

When I tried to press my face against his back like the princess had done, for the first time in my life, I breathed in the scent of an adult man. It was a strange feeling... but not a bad one.

nya.jpg
Jesus almighty! That's just so totally EWWWful. Like, so you smell and are dirty and drenched in sweat and dressed on those clothes you have been using for an entire day full of running and riding? That's so sexy! :roll:

Our footsteps crunched across the gravel.

Muneshige walked on without saying a word. In the moonlight, I could see the stern set of his profile. I knew we were in a bad situation, but somehow, I just wanted to stay like this, rocking against his back.

MuneNormal.png
Ah... so, are you still there?

capture_658.png

After I had climbed off, Muneshige made a quick circuit of the climb and, grinning, began to speak.

MuneNormal.png
Princess, behind this tree, there is a secret passage I made when I was a child. Please, this way.

HatsuScared.png
Ah, uh, right. Haha.

MuneNormal.png
What is it?

HatsuNormal.png
You just look so happy. All boys love secret passages and military drills, I guess.

MuneNormal.png
Oh, Princess! You understand?

HatsuNormal.png
They're just so drill-ing, right?

MuneNormal.png
That's not a very good joke, though.

HatsuNormal.png
You were the one who told it!

MuneNormal.png
Ah, Princess, wait!

This was certainly the same pine tree I had seen in the dream, with the small hole in the same place among its thick roots. Was this a dream, too? I crawled in on all fours. A spiderweb brushed stickily against me.

Hatsusigh.png
Uhh...

MuneGrr.png
Da da da, da-da da dum!

Hatsusigh.png
That's kind of... annoying...

MuneNormal.png
Did you say something?

HatsuScared.png
No, not a thing! It's just that up until now, you were so cool... Darn.

nya.jpg
Iceburn.

Deep in the tunnel, there was a space directly beneath the pine just big enough for two adults to squeeze into. The moonlight spilled down through the roots.

capture_682.png

MuneNormal.png
I found this when I was a child. It might have been used to hide soldiers during the Warring States period.

HatsuScared.png
Ah! There are mice here, right?

MuneNormal.png
You know so much. Don't let it bother you, though.

Ahh, mice... I hoped they didn't come out.

nya.jpg
Why does everyone hate mice? :(

mice-sniff.jpg

nya.jpg
They are so kawaii and fluffy, and they can say kui kui, and they have little pink feet they use like chibihands to pick thingies and move stuffies, and little whiskers that go whip-whip, and little round ears that go flip-flip. :3

MuneNormal.png
In the immortal words of Julie Andrews, "Just a spoonful of sugar makes the medicine go down..."

HatsuScared.png
Please! Enough with the Mickey Mouse talk.

MuneNormal.png
Huh? Have I done this routine already?

HatsuScared.png
What, that was a routine? I'd call it a ridiculouly unconvincing attemp at mimicry.

nya.jpg
Ouchies!

MuneShy.png
Hmmpph... The routine is supposed to have unconvincing mimicry.

HatsuScared.png
Oh, well, sorry. Did I hurt your feelings?

MuneMB.png
No, you did not. Not at all. Because I can do convincing impressions, too! "Wake me up before you go-go..."

nya.jpg
*facepalm*

HatsuNormal.png
Ah! Sshhh!

I hurriedly clapped a hand over Muneshige's mouth.

Ninja.png
Hey! Did you hear something?

Ninja2.png
No. Are you sure it wasn't your imagination?

MuneNormal.png
Princess, your pardon...

HatsuPout.png
Shh...

Ninja.png
It wasn't my imagination! I definitely just heard somebody saying "go-go."

nya.jpg
:lol:

MuneShy.png
Forgive me...

Ninja.png
Gather everybody! Have them split up and search the area. One way or another, find the princess!

Ninja2.png
Understood.

MuneShy.png
I am a pathetic man...

HatsuNormal.png
No... I don't think you're pathetic at all...

MuneNormal.png
I thank you for your kind words. But in this state of affairs, you must agree with me.

MuneShy.png
I but ten copies of the same game, because I want the little prizes that come with it... I am pathetic.

HatsuNormal.png
Muneshige... Um...

HatsuNormal.png
Be proud of yourself! In my time, there are many people just like you. That's why we have anime and science fiction conventions.

nya.jpg
LOL.

HatsuNormal.png
You should have more self confidence, Muneshige. Buying the same game ten times for the little prizes is your own unique lifestyle.

MuneNormal.png
That you would encourage me such... I am grateful beyond words.

HatsuNormal.png
Um, it's no big -

MuneNormal.png
I feel much better now!

HatsuNormal.png
Good.

MuneMB.png
Princess. Listen carefully. This tunnel goes back even further. I can't fit through it, but you should be able to...

HatsuScared.png
The tunnel? No, that's no good!

MuneMB.png
Go through there and hide yourself. I promise I will come to get you.

HatsuScared.png
No! You won't come to get me!

MuneMB.png
I will. Please have faith in me.

His words and expression left no room for argument. It was the first time I had met anybody with such fierce eyes.

I was almost ready to give in... But no! I knew... I knew what was waiting at the end of that tunnel.

I had to tell him what I had seen... But would he believe me? I couldn't explain what had happened myself; how could I expect him to accept it?

I just didn't know. Would he believe me? Or would he laugh and think I was telling jokes again? Maybe I should just say nothing...

capture_736.png

The chosen one must choose, etc. :M

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
....But it's not. So it's not.

Say nothing. Bra.

Krraloth

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2
Silence is Golden (Garbage reference)

So...is like, Visions of Escaflowne an Otome anime?

Anyway if Maaya says again another Van...
:x

lightbane

Arcane
Achievement unlocked: You killed the princess.

:love:

You should have more self confidence, Muneshige. Buying the same game ten times for the little prizes is your own unique lifestyle.

So, what's your opinion about DLCs then?? :M

Also, I vote for saying nothing, with a bit of luck she'll be killed (again) and cause a temporal paradox.

Mrowak

Arcane
Black Cat said:
Mrowak said:

Given your interests some day I'll make a Let's Play thingie of Ijiwaru My Master just for you. Or maybe one of Under The Moon's Love/Hate routes.

Was that... a threat? *Gulp*

;)

Anyway, I go with "I have to say something". Else, with our luck, the only non-tranny male character will die, and I don't want us to be stuck with the rest.

Black Cat

Magister
Chapter the seventh; KKKodex fails at being a princess.
In which KKKodexhime fails.

capture_001.png

HatsuNormal.png
...I understand. But you have to come and get me! You absolutely have to!

MuneNormal.png
Leave it to me. Even if I must lose my life, I will protect you.

HatsuNormal.png
You promise, right?

MuneNormal.png
Yes. I promise.

nya.jpg
Exhibit B: Men never think whether or not are they realistically capable to keep their promises. Fact.

This man... His eyes were so gentle when he smiled. I could only guess how deeply he cared for Hatsuhime.

I was almost jealous. I wished somebody would feel that way about me.

MuneMB.png
Then, until later... farewell!

And then he sprang into action, racing in the direction of the voices. Only a moment later, I could no longer see even his retreating back. And then... I heard the sounds of a fierce battle.

HatsuNormal.png
I have to go...

The tunnel was every bit as narrow and dark as I had expected, as well as weirdly clammy... Altogether quite unpleasant. I had difficulty breathing... but surely it was just because I was nervous...

I was pretty sure I was at the place where the tunnel had widened in my dream, where it had suddenly become bright...

capture_014.png

All of a sudden, I could see light.

capture_017.png

capture_018.png

This was... just like that time in the dream... The scene before me was exactly the same.

What had I done? I hadn't been able to change the princess' life at all... As I thought all this dizzily, I could dimly see light glancing off the blade of the sword...

Hatsuhime... Muneshige... I'm sorry. I...!

HaruEvil.png
Now die!

capture_025-1.png

:rpgcodex: *taps the floor slightly with her feet*

Now that was so foolish they did not even made a cool death scene for it. I hope you feel ashamed, KKKodexhime.

Luckily for you I was already prepared for this eventuality, so...

hqdefault.jpg

... Mou Ikkai!

Next update we will not play with Harumoto's hyperweapon.

@ Mrowak

*covers her mouth with a fan* Fufufu.

Nah, not really. Sugarbeans games are kind of infamous for having, uhm, literally loads of different ways to get raped and abused as part of the available romances. To the point, actually, where Ijiwaru My Master is known as Ijiwaru My Rapist among fans and detractors alike. Meanwhile, Under the Moon is quite infamous for being a dual route game entirely based around that: Each love interest has two different routes, a Love route and a Love/Hate one. The love/hate routes do not just have a lot of rape and abuse, but actually go deep into Yandere Fetish.

@ Krraloth

Escaflowne is a pretty weird thingie, actually, with part of it being shoujo and part of it being shounen. Given Otome Games are, basicaly, Shoujo stories you pick your way through, or at least which of the hot guys wins you, they do have many things in common.

And Van was unbearable. Jesus christ, there is a reason shounen heros are almost unheard of in shoujo. Girls want those guys, not a boring, pedestrian, badly dressed everyguy killing thingies with big robo and sword.

Crooked Bee

Patron
Where's that FUUYEAH emoticon when you need it.

Black Cat said:

Now I can't stop laughing, swaying to and humming the song at the same time! And can't focus on typing up a Gateway update. And it's all your fault, you meanie, you.

EDIT: Anywhere I can actually download that song, and maybe other similarly upbeat ones? :oops:

Black Cat

Magister
@ Miss Bee

Clicky clickity click me!

I have it as my ringtone so I just uploaded it for you.

I have the original song from which that little segments that repeats over and over is taken somewhere, if you want.

I'll see what other upbeat thingies I can find in my music HD thingie.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom