Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Nippon Ichi, follows the jew's footstep.

I always wondered why they didn't release a PS2 version of Disgaea 3. It's not like they needed Cell for what they put out.

desocupado

Magister
Genma:TheDestroyer said:
I always wondered why they didn't release a PS2 version of Disgaea 3. It's not like they needed Cell for what they put out.

So sony can sell ps3 consoles.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Never played a Disgaea game before, but those sprites look like shit. Well, I'll have to see how smooth the animations are, but I doubt they'll be anything amazing either. Really, I've seen PS1 games that look just about as good as this.

I think BlazBlue really set the standard for 2D sprites as well as their animations. If a current gen game can't live up to that at least a little bit then the devs are just lazy.

Cenobyte

Prophet
Hobo Elf said:
Never played a Disgaea game before, but those sprites look like shit. Well, I'll have to see how smooth the animations are, but I doubt they'll be anything amazing either. Really, I've seen PS1 games that look just about as good as this.

I think BlazBlue really set the standard for 2D sprites as well as their animations. If a current gen game can't live up to that at least a little bit then the devs are just lazy.

The Disgaea games always had these rather outdated graphics. Still, the gameplay is surprisingly addictive and deep. It's definitely one of the best turn-based tactical RPGs from the last couple of years (which isn't very difficult, though, since there's hardly any competition).

entertainer

Arbiter
You have no new messages

Check-out Codex Merchandise - Buy stuff from Amazon - Link Converter
T-Shirt Hell | Amazon.com | Amazon.ca | Amazon.co.uk | Amazon.de | Fishpond.co.nz
(buying stuff via the above links helps us pay the hosting bills)

Donate and get rid
of these pesky ads!

Codex T-Shirts RPG Codex :: Latest News
Legerdemain & other assorted Roguelike Updates
DeathSpank finally coming to PC
On Game Design and Deus Ex: Human Revolution Tacticular Cancer :: Latest News
Shogun 2: Morder Dem
Squad Battles: Red Victory at Armchair General
AGEOD on Pride of Nations
Codex Mugs

Nippon Ichi, follows the jew's footstep.

The Codex Forums -> General Gaming
View previous topic :: View next topic
Felix

Posted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 02:43:28 Post subject: Nippon Ichi, follows the jew's footstep.

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2010/09/2 ... -115-good/
Quote:
The limited edition comes in at an astonishing ¥9,975 ($115), but even the peasant edition comes in at ¥7,140 ($85).

Expect DLC galore just like D3.

also lol at their 'improved' graphics

Black Cat

Posted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 02:50:35 Post subject:

They went mad.

I'm going to pirate this one out of principle alone.

deuxhero

Posted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 04:15:05 Post subject:

LTIC 7,140 yen is the normal price for console games in japan.

Felix

Posted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 04:25:01 Post subject:

Don't ruin my fun, bro.

Genma:TheDestroyer

Posted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 08:41:54 Post subject:

Son, I Am Disappoint-LP of Deus Ex 2:Coming Soon!

Hunting For Mudcrabs, LP of Nehrim: Coming Soon!

desocupado

Posted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 23:25:45 Post subject:

Genma:TheDestroyer wrote:

So sony can sell ps3 consoles.

Hobo Elf

Posted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 00:01:12 Post subject:

Cenobyte

Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 02:30:41 Post subject:

Hobo Elf wrote:

The Disgaea games always had these rather outdated graphics. Still, the gameplay is surprisingly addictive and deep. It's definitely one of the best turn-based tactical RPGs from the last couple of years (which isn't very difficult, though, since there's hardly any competition).

Last edited by Cenobyte on Tue Sep 28, 2010 17:36:11; edited 1 time in total

Archibald

Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 17:14:49 Post subject:

Quote:
I think BlazBlue really set the standard for 2D sprites as well as their animations.

King of Fighters looks better!

The Codex Forums -> General Gaming All times are GMT + 3 Hours

Page 1 of 1
Watch this topic for replies Jump to:

Quick Reply:

Quote the last message
Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile)

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You can delete your posts in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum

The Codex expects that every man shall do his patriotic duty and give internets.