Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Non-shitty screenshot taking program for Ubuntu?

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
I mean something which doesn't take 10 seconds to take a screenshot unlike the Shutter?

MetalCraze

Arcane
Windows is the best - it has screenshot taking function too among others and it just works - recommended.

baronjohn

Cipher
MetalCraze said:
Windows is the best - it has screenshot taking function too among others and it just works - recommended.
I wish Microsoft had fucked up early and made a Microsoft-only version of the Internet. Imagine that. Then the rest of us would enjoy an Internet without morans like skyway and he'd be paying $1 per web site load. Lol capitalism.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Lord Rocket said:
baronjohn said:
Yes, scrot
I asked about a non-shitty tool - not about a command line one. UOSU is a good example of a non-shitty tool.

MetalCraze said:
Where can I buy Windows with price difference between Polish and USA version being the same as price difference between work of Polish and American Microsoft employee and without activation, system restore disks, creepy newspeak and other user-unfriendly weirdness?

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
If you're talking about wine, use a windows shortcut program in wine.

Generally, printscreen works well enough for me.

Hobo Elf

Arcane

laughing.gif

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Awor Szurkrarz said:
Does it save screens to HDD?

Err, i didn't mean windows shortcut, i meant windows program on wine.

The default printscreen program is a little shit to be honest. No application only screenshot for one (bug), config to save automatically to hdd (what i think you want right?), and in fullscreen apps (like wine) it invariably fucks up because of popping up a window.

Gord

Arcane
I never felt any need to use something else than the "Print" button to take a screenshot, but you can have a look here (Use the search function), they review some tools every now and then:

http://www.webupd8.org

Awor Szurkrarz said:
Lord Rocket said:
baronjohn said:
Yes, scrot
I asked about a non-shitty tool - not about a command line one. UOSU is a good example of a non-shitty tool.
You know you don't have to launch it from command line right? What's the problem then?
How about you just bind "scrot '%Y-%m-%d_$wx$h.png' -e 'mv $f ~/my-oblivion-shots/'" to PrintScreen.

There I've solved it for you.

NEXT!

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
SCO said:
Awor Szurkrarz said:
Does it save screens to HDD?

Err, i didn't mean windows shortcut, i meant windows program on wine.

The default printscreen program is a little shit to be honest. No application only screenshot for one (bug), config to save automatically to hdd (what i think you want right?), and in fullscreen apps (like wine) it invariably fucks up because of popping up a window.
The main problem is that I have to wait several seconds seconds for the menu to appear in the default screenshot app and several seconds for the screenshot to be taken in Shutter in comparison to 0 second delay of UOSU.

UOSU doesn't want to take screenshots under wine.

frantic defenestration said:
Awor Szurkrarz said:
Lord Rocket said:
baronjohn said:
Yes, scrot
You know you don't have to launch it from command line right? What's the problem then?
How about you just bind "scrot '%Y-%m-%d_$wx$h.png' -e 'mv $f ~/my-oblivion-shots/'" to PrintScreen.

There I've solved it for you.

NEXT!
It doesn't do anything. Actually, even bound scrot doesn't do anything. And when it's bound with " " I get an error message.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom