Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Non-shitty screenshot taking program for Ubuntu?

MetalCraze

Arcane
Linux said:
You know you don't have to launch it from command line right? What's the problem then?
How about you just bind "scrot '%Y-%m-%d_$wx$h.png' -e 'mv $f ~/my-oblivion-shots/'" to PrintScreen.

There I've solved it for you.

NEXT!

It doesn't do anything. Actually, even bound scrot doesn't do anything. And when it's bound with " " I get an error message.

Windows said:

Lord Rocket

Erudite
OK if you open a terminal and type scrot what happens (just scrot)? Tell us. And remember to check your home directory.

Also I like the way Skyway rails against dumbing down in games but loves and defends the most lowest-common-denominator popamole quest compass tutorial OS there is.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Just because in Windows you just start a game and play it in a comfortable way and in Linux you fuck around for three days just to make a goddamn screenshot doesn't make Windows dumbed down.

It makes you a retard.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
Lord Rocket said:
Also I like the way Skyway rails against dumbing down in games but loves and defends the most lowest-common-denominator popamole quest compass tutorial OS there is.

If that's Windows 7, then what is Mac OS X, hmm?

Elzair

Cipher
Awor Szurkrarz said:
MetalCraze said:
Awor Szurkrarz said:
Jaesun said:
Why is this in general gaming?
Well, screenshots are usually captured from games.

Why do we need an LP of mahjong 2011 or whatever edition of it takes the biggest share of Linux gaming
facepalmbi.jpg

Fine. Why do we need an LP of Frozen Bubble?

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Lord Rocket said:
OK if you open a terminal and type scrot what happens (just scrot)? Tell us. And remember to check your home directory.
It works normally from a terminal. It saves the screenshot in the home directory. When I keybind the same command, it does nothing.

Lord Rocket said:
:retarded:

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Awor Szurkrarz said:
It doesn't do anything. Actually, even bound scrot doesn't do anything. And when it's bound with " " I get an error message.

scrot '%Y-%m-%d_$wx$h.png' -e 'mv $f ~/my-oblivion-shots/'
As per what frantic defenestration said, the above is what needs to be bound to print screen.

With that said, does ~/my-oblivion-shots (or whatever you use in its place) exist?
If it doesn't the mv will fail and the screenshot will be wherever GNOME decided to dub the current working dir when scrot was executed.
It can easily be remedied with mkdir ~/my-oblivion-shots (or whatever you use in its place)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom