Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

"Not-MOM" - a new turn-based fantasy strategy game

Just found out about this project:

http://www.stardock.com/media/stardockc ... t-2008.pdf (page 13)
Stardock has also been developing a new fantasy strategy game franchise. It has been described on the Internet as “Not-MOM” (as in, Not Master of Magic). It’s a turn-based strategy game that supports random map generation, integrated modding, city building, unit design, tactical combat, multiplayer, incredibly powerful magical spells, and much more.

It is scheduled to go into beta prior to June 2009.

http://tgnforums.stardock.com/174143
...with concept art for next major 4X game...
(little, small resolution) concept art included.

"major"? Like in tripleA major? Anybody else heard of this project?

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
I'd imagine it'll be like Dominions 3, except that you can actually control your units.

Sounds good.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
I've been following the tidbits of info about it for years. I'll be prereleasing this and, if Stardock keep their policy, that'll mean I'll be able to play the beta. I had lots of fun with the Galciv 2 expansion betas...

Zeus

Cipher
Random maps?

Tactical combat?

Can I give them my money now so it gets here faster?

Disconnected

Scholar
But will it have not-DRM? :lol:

Zeus said:
Can I give them my money now so it gets here faster?
Not yet.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom