Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NWN 2 toolset has been leaked.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
NWN2's scores are gonna be 8.5+ on average. Anyone who thinks it will be in the 7s are just plain retarded.

Zomg

Arbiter
Even though NWN 2 is my most anticipated game, I dont expect it to be of exceptional quality. In fact, Im quite sure that the average score will be around 7-8.

I think the average game critic will give it two bones through the nose and three bangs on the spirit drum to wake the sun. Fuck their opinions of anything.

User was nabbed fit

Volourn said:
NWN2's scores are gonna be 8.5+ on average. Anyone who thinks it will be in the 7s are just plain retarded.

Is that your authoritative opinion?

Seriously, who gives a fuck about those sellouts -- I mean "most game reviewers" -- anyway? Oblivion is a prime example of why they can't be trusted anymore.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Ye,s yes it is.

And, I have NEVER trusted reviews. I NEVER base my purchases on reviews.

It's also why I'm one of maybe a hadnful of Codexers who has NOT bought Oblivion yet (and won't until it's a budget title).

R00fles!

whatusername

Scholar
RadioGnome Invisible said:
golgotha said:
Slower than shit though. 130 KBs.
Was around 250 kbytes/sec for me. Yep, about 10 times slower than average popular torrent, but with the game still at least month away what's the point in rushing?

You lucky bastards. Here, in Chinaland, the fastest torrent I've seen went only up to 50 kb/s.

kris

Arcane
In any case, those who preordered NWN2 hoping for "exclusive toolset download" are screwed.

Please explain how I am screwed. also, how am I affected by others having the toolset at the same time as me?

Ok, congratulations, you're not. You dont give a shit. But i personally know two persons who feel cheated after preordering it only to get this "exclusive pre-download" kit beforehand, and at least one of them is really annoyed by the fact he rushed and wasted his money on something available for everyone.

Data4

Arcane
Ok, congratulations, you're not. You dont give a shit. But i personally know two persons who feel cheated after preordering it only to get this "exclusive pre-download" kit beforehand, and at least one of them is really annoyed by the fact he rushed and wasted his money on something available for everyone.

Encourage him to commit suicide. Seems like the only way.

-D4

kris

Arcane

Waste money? didn't his preorder cost as much as the game when it hits the store? Or are we talking collectors edition here?

kris said:
Waste money? didn't his preorder cost as much as the game when it hits the store? Or are we talking collectors edition here?

Don't know, actually. But, i guess, the reason was the preorder itself - he rarely preorders something, prefers to wait for price drops or buys used copies.

VenomByte

Scholar
Preorders are 'for sale' at Game for something like Ă‚ÂŁ1.99. For that, you get the toolset and some kind of character buff, IIRC. At least that was the impression I got reading the back of the preorder box.

Ladonna

Arcane
From what I have seen the 'deluxe' edition or whatever its called is just rubbish to rake in an extra 10 bucks (here anyway).

You get a glowing halo or something, an extra magic item to make the game even easier....Some book of pictures, I think thats it. Maybe some costume jewelry ring or something.

I guess its good for the kids. I still have my Codex coin from Ultima 5 here back when I was a tween. :lol:

Texas Red

Whiner
Ladonna said:
From what I have seen the 'deluxe' edition or whatever its called is just rubbish to rake in an extra 10 bucks (here anyway).

You get a glowing halo or something, an extra magic item to make the game even easier....Some book of pictures, I think thats it. Maybe some costume jewelry ring or something.

I guess its good for the kids. I still have my Codex coin from Ultima 5 here back when I was a tween. :lol:

Depending on the size of the art book, it is maybe interesting. Never understood why anyone would need those coins and figurines and all that junk.

Xi

Arcane
I was mildly fond of NWN. NWN 2 has me really excited for some reason though. I really haven't followed it during development and as such am unfamiliar with the preorder/download of tools debate, but it seems like if you only bought the game to say that you received exclusive content you are a fucking moron to begin with.

Klinn

Novice
Ladonna said:
I still have my Codex coin from Ultima 5 here back when I was a tween. :lol:
I still have the scratch 'n' sniff card from Infocom's Leather Godesses of Phobos. :) It was always fun to see what weird stuff they would include with a game.

HardCode

Erudite
Volourn said:
It's also why I'm one of maybe a hadnful of Codexers who has NOT bought Oblivion yet (and won't until it's a budget title).

Fucking kill me now. I have something in common with Volourn. But I will never buy Oblivion.

Anyway, anyone who preorders is a sucker. A sap. Playing up to the corporate bullshit and contributing to bad games. Only game reviewers should need to preorder.

OccupatedVoid

Arbiter
HardCode said:
Volourn said:

Fucking kill me now. I have something in common with Volourn. But I will never buy Oblivion.

Anyway, anyone who preorders is a sucker. A sap. Playing up to the corporate bullshit and contributing to bad games. Only game reviewers should need to preorder.
Ok, I'll let Steve Ballmer know.

Steve Ballmer said:
I'm going to fucking bury that guy, I have done it before, and I will do it again. I'm going to fucking kill HardCode.

HardCode

Erudite
developers,developers,developers,developers,

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Got the toolset installed but alas I have to wait 'til later this week to really try it out. I can run it; but everytime I try to do *anything* it crashes. The only logical reason for this to be happening is my video card isn't quite good enough for it.. at least until i get my new one on Thursday or Friday...

Ladonna

Arcane
So...Can you create overland maps to travel this time around?

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
HardCode said:
I preordered Gothic 3 because
a) the money will only be withdrawn from my account on the day they send the game and
b) the shop usually ships one day before the release date, so I should have the game early in the morning on release day, without leaving the house. Also,
c) I get all that for free - by which I mean there's no preorder fee on top of the game price, and shipping is free too.

That's totally worth it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom