Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NWN2 Mod - Death Rule Poll

How should Death be Handled?

• End of Battle Revival (OC, MotB, KotoR, DA*)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Easy Resurrection (SoZ)

• Divine Resurrection (Infinity Engine)

• Hard Core (FO - Dead is Dead))

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
The plan is for divine resurrection death rules. At low levels this will be a real inconvenience. I assume this is the reason there are so many NPCs in BG1. There will be a way to get one (maybe more) resurrections for your NPCs but at a cost. And not a monetary cost.

Anyway if you disagree vote.

DA did have some penalties for going down but they were not that imposing.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Its either avaiable resurrection or a lot of quickloads so I vote for SoZ style. Unless Your idea is really interesting...

J1M

Arcane
PC dies = game over.
Party member dies = hire another one.

You said you wanted low magic...

visions

Arcane
Divine resurrection seems fine to a D&D based game imo.

I don't see "dead is dead" as significantly more "hardcore", given that most people would just reload when their party members die.

The advantage of "dead is dead" would be that the game world would make more sense though (if you can resurrect your fallen comrades then why can't your enemies? Or maybe they can and you'd have to take some measures that would prevent more important villains from being resurrected, like destroying their corpses etc.).

If game world making perfect sense isn't high on your priority list, I'd go with divine resurrection, if it is than "dead is dead" would probably be better, unless you want to take into account that not only the player's party would have access to divine resurrection.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Remembering how clunky NWN2's combat is I'd say divine resurrection.

Guise, you don't really want to restart the game from scratch every time your char took 6 seconds disengaging from combat to run away while some horde was raping him.

denizsi

Arcane
Actually it should be possible to script real turn-based combat in NWN2 if scripting isn't shit. I did it even for Oblivion with and without guns.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
MetalCraze said:
Remembering how clunky NWN2's combat is I'd say divine resurrection.

Guise, you don't really want to restart the game from scratch every time your char took 6 seconds disengaging from combat to run away while some horde was raping him.

Popamole fag. Go play Fable.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Here's the deal - we are going with Divine Resurrection even though more people voted for hard core.

I don't want to write dialog for NPCs that are simply replaceable. As a one man operation (or at most 2-5) creating 10,000 words of dialog for a npc that might not last 2 encounters is a waste of time.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
back to sportforredneck said:
Dumbing down already. :smug:

Whatever. You want to be one of the 5 npc or not? If you do you better hope that I allow a way to resurrect your candy ass.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom