Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian...what happened?

overly excitable young man

The rainbow of fags on codex equals the rainbow of gender identities on SJW sites.
Y'all so special.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I've used lorefags a few times. There could also be stealthfags. Indeed, there are many fags on the Codex.

On my blog, I don't use the word "fag" because it's politically incorrect and rude. For combatfag, I use "combat connoisseur". And I don't have one for storyfag because I ignore their existence. :obviously:
Combat connoisseur is not a good term because it sounds like a positive thing. When actually they are disgusting people.

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum
There are also PVPfags, people for whom every game mechanic, no matter how mundane, has to be balanced around fighting other players. UnderRail is in the process of being ruined by people like that, despite being single-player only.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
What other kind of fags are there?
Romancefags? :cry:
:desu:
:codexisforindividualswithgenderidentityissues:

The best romance eva
249.gif

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
I've used lorefags a few times. There could also be stealthfags. Indeed, there are many fags on the Codex.

On my blog, I don't use the word "fag" because it's politically incorrect and rude. For combatfag, I use "combat connoisseur". And I don't have one for storyfag because I ignore their existence. :obviously:
So the story isn't the main draw for you in games, but do you still appreciate a good video game story when you see one? E.g. Mask of the Betrayer.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
So the story isn't the main draw for you in games, but do you still appreciate a good video game story when you see one? E.g. Mask of the Betrayer.

Yes, I appreciate story, lore, exploration etc. I just don't want story and lore in my face all the time with bigs walls o' text.

"Brevity is the soul of wit." -- Shakespeare.

That makes Jagged Alliance 2 the best-written RPG of all-time.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Yes, I appreciate story, lore, exploration etc. I just don't want story and lore in my face all the time with bigs walls o' text.

Now the big question is.....are you like real life women? Can a man give you a bucket of cheep jewellery,like Swarovski,and every one will improve your love meter by 10 points as a starter on decreasing arithmetic progression table?

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Lilura

Fallout 1 quests solvable only by combat:

1) Killian/Gizmo situation. One of them should be killed, no compromise.
2) Killing barkeep if siding with Skulz in Junktown.
3) Helping Farmer in Hub. Raiders could only be killed.
4) Rescuing BoS initiate from Hub. Kidnappers could only be killed.
5) Working for Decker/Taking him down, requires some killing.
6) Killing Deathclaws to clear the way to Gun Runners.
7) Blades/Regulators situation, one group should be eliminated.

Fallout 2 quests solvable only by combat:

1) Guard brahmins with local retard if not allied with brothers.
2) Rat caves. Nuff said.
3) Church assault in Den, both sides (though, quest completion requires only the doorman to be killed, and allies are perfectly capable of that).
4) Kill rats in Modoc.
5) Kill wolves in Modoc.
6) Wanamingo caves. Nuff said.
7) Killing Frog Morton
8) Removing Bishop Raiders if siding with Vault City.
9) Killing Emperor or Hubologists boss.
10) Chinese martial arts in San-Fran (only for Unarmed proficient chars)
11) Killing Khans in Vault 15.
12) Killing Hubologist in NCR if siding with local crime boss.
13) Killing President and Frankie.

Fallout 2 has slightly more combat only quests, but considering the total amount of content, percentage is lower. Some assassination quests could be solved by non-combat means, so I didn't include them here.

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Now the big question is.....are you like real life women? Can a man give you a bucket of cheep jewellery,like Swarovski,and every one will improve your love meter by 10 points as a starter on decreasing arithmetic progression table?

If you want to date Lilura you need to spend at least a full year analyzing her skills, traits and perks, then work out a table on which you can see how many + romance points you can gain by giving her gifts, then give her the right gifts at the right time (and make sure to pay attention to your positioning while you're doing it, maneuver tactics are important), and finally hope your dice rolls are good enough to succeed.

overly excitable young man

Would an original boxed copy of Jagged Alliance 2 be enough as gift?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

If you want to date Lilura you need to spend at least a full year analyzing her skills, traits and perks, then work out a table on which you can see how many + romance points you can gain by giving her gifts, then give her the right gifts at the right time (and make sure to pay attention to your positioning while you're doing it, maneuver tactics are important), and finally hope your dice rolls are good enough to succeed.
LoL not if she actual woman :). Just have to get a bit fit and tell her some generic lovely things about how epic her blog is and how here BG skillz are mad and it is time for Viconia and Anomen some rest in the tent.

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum

Lilura, my man, if you try to quote Shakespeare, at least know the context. That line you just used was in reference to making jokes, not literature/story telling as a whole.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Lilura, my man, if you try to quote Shakespeare, at least know the context. That line you just used was in reference to making jokes, not literature/story telling as a whole.
Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
A little bit panda,here is like 40 degree and i am just getting tanned on the balcony with a refreshing drink and just turning sideway to write something in the codex while listening to music from the laptop.
:excellent:

Bonus points if it's a glass of wine, and you are overlooking the sea, and not a shantytown.

I love sea-breezes.

Life's good, y'know.

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom