Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian's Pillars of Eternity [BETA RELEASED, GO TO THE NEW THREAD]

LeJosh

Savant
BAdler says shut up about it, after talking about it in the update.

Less spoilers and more polish for us - the filthy public - that is their reasoning. Apparently.

"Look for a video that shows some non-spoiler, polished gameplay sometime in the next couple of months."

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I *think* it's Polina's. I didn't like her Earth Godlike portraits either, but I think this one is slightly better than those. It's weird because her portrait of Kana Rua is quite good.
It had nothing to with quality, but perspective and presentation of facial features.

BAdler says shut up about it, after talking about it in the update.

Less spoilers and more polish for us - the filthy public - that is their reasoning. Apparently.

"Look for a video that shows some non-spoiler, polished gameplay sometime in the next couple of months."
Maybe they never managed to fix floating feet.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I think they said near the beginning that there would be no mod tools.

Someone at Obsidian said they would try to expose as much data as possible in human readable files, so modders could make changes that way.
A pity that is not the 'correct' way to have composable modding (tables, tables everywhere).

Suicidal

Arcane
Too white and oversexualized.

Needs more

Vivienne.png

Get with the times Obsidian!

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
I *think* it's Polina's. I didn't like her Earth Godlike portraits either, but I think this one is slightly better than those. It's weird because her portrait of Kana Rua is quite good.
It had nothing to with quality, but perspective and presentation of facial features.

Doing a profile style shot is weird, I agree. I don't mind the style for the most part although some of the sections of the portrait appear a bit blurry, in the hair and armor/cape, which is weird to me. But that just might be the jpeg compression.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Josh replying in the thread. Some people asked some blatantly obvious questions so I won't bother quoting those. Here's a good one:

Carnage doesn't use special animations, just the standard attacks. It would be too expensive to animate special Carnage variants for all weapon types. The number of enemies that can be affected by Carnage depends on how close together they are and how high the barbarian's Int is. Carnage hits can cause Interrupts, yes. However, because barbarians have a lower base Accuracy than other melee classes, and Interrupt chance is influenced by Grazes and Crits, they will tend to cause Interrupts less often per hit compared to a fighter, rogue, or paladin with equivalent gear/attributes/level.

ZagorTeNej

Arcane
Sensuki, did they say how many portraits will be just for player use (not that of an NPC) and will NPC portraits be available for PC at all?

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014

Doing a profile style shot is weird, I agree. I don't mind the style for the most part although some of the sections of the portrait appear a bit blurry, in the hair and armor/cape, which is weird to me. But that just might be the jpeg compression.
At this size, portraits can be a bit blurry.

This is the portrait resized to the "big in-game portrait" size (210x330):
asdasdasdsadasdasdsadasdas.jpg

I don't really perceive any blur at this size.

And this is the smaller portrait.
ingamemememe.jpg

or maybe
qweqwewqeqe.jpg

Sensuki

Arcane
J.E. Sawyer said:
We do not currently have "style" specializations, but it's something we'd like to do if there's time. If so, it would be implemented as a Talent that a variety of characters could take. Shields don't inherently have special abilities beyond boosting the wielder's Deflection and slowing their overall weapon attack rate.

I don't know if this has been changed from minus accuracy to minus action speed

Athelas

Arcane
That Bioware character isn't ugly so much as she's wearing what looks like the wallpaper of my parents' bedroom.
Also, DAT COLLAR and DEM SHOULDERPADS.

Obsidian is clearly more progressive than Bioware since they don't let Pallegina conceal her afro. :troll:

Sensuki

Arcane

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom