Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Official codex Star Trek Online topic :salute:

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
What? Sci/Eng/Tac teams shouldn't behave like that.

I know. Maybe it's only in the mirror event. Coz that's all I've been playing

Drakron

Arcane
Majority of reputation powers are worthless junk, there's pretty much 4 ground ones and 4 space ones you actually do give a damn about, and those are just made better.

Oh I am seeing the "better" with their balancing going on, after they are done Weapons Offline is likely to end up being the best of all after they go around "balancing" everything.

Did you really believe they just double everything? You lucky if you end up with a 1/4 improvement over the previous IF there is a actual improvement.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Doesn't matter if they're 1% or 100% better, the point remains that only exactly 4 traits are worth a damn.

Anyway, does the anniversary event actually give something useful, or can I continue to ignore it?

Norfleet

It gives 10 Lobi a day per account. Chop-chop!

No need to grind on every Vaarna, though, since the other reward is either a cheap souvenir, or 35 Vespene Gas.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Well, most of my mirror events are done (FINALLY). Must say the rewards are pretty good this time around, over a thousand fleet marks (which I have no use for anymore, thanks to projects being disabled) on all toons plus a metric SHITLOAD of dilithium. Probably the first time that I don't require more minerals. That 8000 daily refining cap is really annoying though.

Although, this sudden oversupply is probably going to blow the dilithium market out again and make Zen really expensive.

Drakron

Arcane
(which I have no use for anymore, thanks to projects being disabled)

They arent disabled per say, rather we finished about everything except Starbase V and its unlocked projects (that just Councilor and Brig) so there is nothing to run.
Season 9 doesnt appear to be adding a new holding since if they were it would had hit Tribble already so we pretty much done, besides they were locked because someone keep starting projects, not filling then entirely and then leaving then alone, if you want you can try to convince Norfleet to start the Starbase V project but he already said he is not coughing up the 3 million Dilithium for the project ...

Vaarna_Aarne

If you want to run a project to score some FC, just ask when me or Norfleet are online and available. The current MO is "ask and ye shall receive".

Norfleet

Well, most of my mirror events are done (FINALLY). Must say the rewards are pretty good this time around, over a thousand fleet marks (which I have no use for anymore, thanks to projects being disabled) on all toons plus a metric SHITLOAD of dilithium.
You were not supposed to claim the reward early. By doing so, you lose 33% of the minerals.

Probably the first time that I don't require more minerals. That 8000 daily refining cap is really annoying though.
And REFINE CAP IS GOOD. Trust me on this: You do NOT want me to refine hundreds of millions of minerals and crash-dump it on the market knowing that others are trying to do the same.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
You were not supposed to claim the reward early. By doing so, you lose 33% of the minerals.

And REFINE CAP IS GOOD. Trust me on this: You do NOT want me to refine hundreds of millions of minerals and crash-dump it on the market knowing that others are trying to do the same.

Early? What do you mean early? Are you supposed to wait until the last moment of the event and THEN cash in to get more? That just sounds dumb. And risky.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
They arent disabled per say, rather we finished about everything except Starbase V and its unlocked projects (that just Councilor and Brig) so there is nothing to run.
Season 9 doesnt appear to be adding a new holding since if they were it would had hit Tribble already so we pretty much done, besides they were locked because someone keep starting projects, not filling then entirely and then leaving then alone, if you want you can try to convince Norfleet to start the Starbase V project but he already said he is not coughing up the 3 million Dilithium for the project ...

What's the point of Starbase 5 anyway? Isn't the shipyard already maxed out?

Vaarna_Aarne

SB5 has very little point. Pretty much the only thing it does is allow respeccing in the base.

Norfleet

Early? What do you mean early? Are you supposed to wait until the last moment of the event and THEN cash in to get more? That just sounds dumb. And risky.
You were supposed to complete the project, then allow it to sit unclaimed until Minerals Event, where you could claim it without the -33.3% penalty to mineral earnings.

None whatsoever. Why do you think I haven't bothered? At some point in the distant past, before people did it already, it was worth bragging rights, but now that it has no functional worth and you can't be first to do it, it has no worth at all. For this, and because I am not Jedinikon and I am not made of money, I do not really see a compelling reason to flush 3 million minerals into a sinkhole that isn't even visible. I am currently waiting to see what S9 will bring us as holding. If nothing, then I can throw it up and you can have it.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
You were supposed to complete the project, then allow it to sit unclaimed until Minerals Event, where you could claim it without the -33.3% penalty to mineral earnings.

If I did that I wouldn't have discovered the bonus rewards assignment, where you get 2000 dilithium + 50 fleet marks + 35 multiple choice marks for every multidimensional transporter you turn in. Plus however many marks you get in the actual mission.

Norfleet

I already knew about that mission. However, by claiming the mission early, you forfeited a third of your 75K, a total of 25K. To make up that difference, you would need to do over 12 of the extra-rewards assignments just to break even, let alone turn a profit. This is not physically possible to do, so it still represents a net loss even if you continue to religiously grind it.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Yeah, your numbers are a little out. You get 40k dilithium, so adding a third gives you 60. Not 75.

Sure, it's still a loss in dilithium, but that's p. easy to get compared to marks, of which you get at least 100 each go.

Also, you don't have to wait until the whimsical Chinese overlords decide it's time for a particular event.

Vaarna_Aarne

First step:

Set up your autofire for Space combat so you don't have to mash fire button.

Second step:

Charnames@usernames plz, we got a Codex chat channel and Codex fleets. Norfleet is on 25/7 so you can always get on-the-spot advice.

Norfleet

Yeah, your numbers are a little out. You get 40k dilithium, so adding a third gives you 60. Not 75.
I have the page open right now: It clearly says "50,000". That's 50K, which is 2/3rds of the reward, so 75K is the full reward.

Sure, it's still a loss in dilithium, but that's p. easy to get compared to marks, of which you get at least 100 each go.
If you choose marks instead, you're still forfeiting a third of the reward.

Also, you don't have to wait until the whimsical Chinese overlords decide it's time for a particular event.
I have made my success here through being patient and methodical. i can afford to wait. None of these items earn me interest, so the amount will work out the same regardless.

I made a Romulan engi and he's doing a Romulan tactical. Any advise on builds? And just any general advice on what to do in the beginning would be appreciated.
I'll make it quick and simple: Never, ever, talk to that Admiral Kerrek guy in person. When he announces your promotion at level 20, just carry on as-is and don't go there. Don't question it, just don't do it. As a rule, avoid doing anything permanent that you can't undo. And don't do anything I wouldn't do.

Also, pick Klingon. Unless you really like Diplomacy over Marauding.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
I have the page open right now: It clearly says "50,000". That's 50K, which is 2/3rds of the reward, so 75K is the full reward.

If you choose marks instead, you're still forfeiting a third of the reward.

I have made my success here through being patient and methodical. i can afford to wait. None of these items earn me interest, so the amount will work out the same regardless.

I have 4 toons who each got 40 000. That beats your "page".

For me, marks are more important since they are much more of a pain in the ass, especially nuka-cola and Romulan marks. Dilithium can be earned from doff missions any time, marks require the mind-numbing grind.

Yes, patience will get you stuff. It's an MMO. MMO'S reward those who have the most patience and time to waste.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom