Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Old vesion of Grimoire up for grabs!

mondblut

Arcane
Andhaira said:
Wait, this is the complete version right (circa 1998)? The shareware protection might require some sort of password, like the Spidweb games.

Finished the playable part. There are no serials to input (got it confused with later versions), it just dumps you into main menu once you reach the end of the first major area. Still had some 20-25 hours of solid Wizardry style gameplay.

I'll see if it is possible to teleport into some further area via editing a savegame. But legitimately, the version is limited to original shareware zone.

Andhaira

Arcane
Hmm, what exactly are you supposed to do once you get to that first village (cowl I think)? I mean, when I get there I'm atacked by this guy in pink robes.

Also, how do I get the wand form the izard in the cauldron? Rosy meniotns I get a free wand. (though...I killed her after. :) )

mondblut

Arcane
There is nothing of interest in Crowl at the moment. First location of importance is Pilgrim's Crypt, a bit further down the woods.

Just ask Trimestes about "Rosy". Well, not sure if she's dead :)

mondblut

Arcane
Oh, and I hexed behind a locked grate beneath Mantor Garrison, where an Ethergate leading to other city is, but upon entering it my party "fell to their deaths". So I guess there is no further content beyond shareware area anyway.

Andhaira

Arcane
5 Daze left.

It DA FINAL COUNTDOOOOWN!

lulz. I think it'll be out. Hopefully improved with less clunky interface. And a real manual this time, so we know what the various races actually do.

SkeleTony

Augur
I am not watching ANY comedy from now until the supposed release date. I am saving my laughter up and will release it like a hysterical orgasm of cackling.

SkeleTony

Augur
mondblut said:
I can't believe somebody still finds Grimoire missing release date funny after 10 years ;)

Oh I don't. What I was referring to was that, even assuming the game IS released, by the time this happens and all three of Cleve's remaining fans rush to download the thing, excited as all Hell about being back in 1996 again, I am picturing the looks on their faces when even nostalgia cannot drive them to be enthused about this crap.
And also the absolute hilarity that will ensue if a bunch of non-white, non-Christian and/or liberal people download this thing then go to visit Cleve's new forums while trying to decide whether they should order/register it and are met with Cleve's double digit IQ and moronic, racist conspiracy theories.
Most of my friends who do not pay attention to the scene do not believe me when I tell them about Cleve's antics.

mondblut

Arcane
People who are bothered by "moronic, racist conspiracy theories" are far less numerous than you choose to believe. If fact, I think, a vast majority of RPG fans don't give a flying fuck about it as long as a game is good. Hell, *I* would gladly play a game made by negro jewish antifa if it was a good RPG (I wonder why there are none of those? heheh).

As for the quality of the game, to each his own. In this thread alone a fair share of posters would like to play it. So did I. Yet, I am not "Cleve's fan". I just like Wizardry 6-7, enjoy a good clone of them, and if its dev follows "moronic, racist conspiracy theories", that's perfectly fine by me.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Fuck everyone who responded in this thread without lulz as their intent.

SkeleTony

Augur
mondblut said:
People who are bothered by "moronic, racist conspiracy theories" are far less numerous than you choose to believe. If fact, I think, a vast majority of RPG fans don't give a flying fuck about it as long as a game is good. Hell, *I* would gladly play a game made by negro jewish antifa if it was a good RPG (I wonder why there are none of those? heheh).

As for the quality of the game, to each his own. In this thread alone a fair share of posters would like to play it. So did I. Yet, I am not "Cleve's fan". I just like Wizardry 6-7, enjoy a good clone of them, and if its dev follows "moronic, racist conspiracy theories", that's perfectly fine by me.

*Chuckle* Ah...to be naive. Listen kid, regardless of your rather irrelevant tirade above, the way things work tends to be that people with insane and/or stupid beliefs come out with products and no one notices for a while because their customer base is largely made up of insane and/or stupid people. But at some point someone who is either NOT insane/stupid or is simply a member of whatever identity that said insane developer has targeted realizes what is going on and starts loudly raising the point(in the media) and other non-stupid and/or offended people join in and before you know it that insane developer cannot sell his products from a swap meet out of the back of his station wagon.
I could care less that YOU are not one of those non-white or non-apathetic people and It does not bother me one iota that you do not care what anyone endorses whom you are giving your money and/or support to. I mean that sincerely. America owns the rest of the world in terms of having people who do not care and live by the motto "Give me convenience or give me death!".
I kind of wish I could be that way myself. You know...able to say things like "Vote for Ron Paul!" or "What's the big deal about Cheney and Haliburton? Who cares?" with a straight face but it was not meant to be.

Don't get me wrong...I am not going to be calling up CNN or something when this pathetic anachronism of a crap game is released(I do not care that much) but I AM going to enjoy a good laugh when the shit/reviews hits the fan.

mondblut

Arcane
SkeleTony said:
*Chuckle* Ah...to be naive. Listen kid, regardless of your rather irrelevant tirade above

Chances are, I am older than you, mister. But I'll let it slip.

...because their customer base is largely made up of insane and/or stupid people.

That is one curious accessment of oldschool RPG auditory. How does it feel that Helherron and Grimoire share a same customer base? Kind of ironic?

But at some point someone who is either NOT insane/stupid or is simply a member of whatever identity that said insane developer has targeted realizes what is going on and starts loudly raising the point(in the media) and other non-stupid and/or offended people join in and before you know it that insane developer cannot sell his products from a swap meet out of the back of his station wagon.

LOL. There is no such thing as bad publicity, you know? One thing every independent developer can only dream of is a hysterical pussy screaming "wake up ye faithful millions, there is an evil NATZEE game unleashed upon our world" in the media. This would turn thousands of otherwise unaware people into potential customers. Better than cover story in bestselling mags, and for free to boot.

I could care less that YOU are not one of those non-white or non-apathetic people and It does not bother me one iota that you do not care what anyone endorses whom you are giving your money and/or support to. I mean that sincerely. America owns the rest of the world in terms of having people who do not care and live by the motto "Give me convenience or give me death!".

I am not american. And I am not apathetic. I just happen to think racism is natural and allright in my book. But then again, I am willing to support somebody who endorses something I dislike (like "antifascism" hystery) if they create something worthwile. This is called... duh, "tolerance"? Must be incredibly unfamiliar concept for somebody who dedicates his online time to battle "racists".

Don't get me wrong...I am not going to be calling up CNN or something when this pathetic anachronism of a crap game is released(I do not care that much)

Too bad. That would double the customer base.

Andhaira

Arcane
mondblut said:
I am not american. And I am not apathetic. I just happen to think racism is natural and allright in my book. But then again, I am willing to support somebody who endorses something I dislike (like "antifascism" hystery) if they create something worthwile. This is called... duh, "tolerance"? Must be incredibly unfamiliar concept for somebody who dedicates his online time to battle "racists".

Wow, i REALLY hope that just came out wrong and you do not really mean that mondblut.

Racism is NOT natural and it is definately NOT alright.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I grew up very shelteredly and am innately scared of black people, unsettled by Asian people, repelled by the smell of Arab people, etc. Fear of the unknown? Sure, but seems pretty natural.

Face it, everyone is a little bit racist. There's a fucking awesome song about it in The Producers. Being a little bit racist doesn't make you go out and kill coloured people, dur. If we want to or not, we judge by the things we notice at once - colour, appearance, etc. It's human to.

mondblut

Arcane
Andhaira said:
Wow, i REALLY hope that just came out wrong and you do not really mean that mondblut.

Racism is NOT natural and it is definately NOT alright.

No, I meant just what I said. Sticking to one's own species and be distrustful of the others is as natural as it goes. This is basic self-preservation. Jasede is 100% correct on that.

Andhaira

Arcane
Yes but it doesn't have to be unknown. get out there and talk to those poeple and you will see that theres not much to be scared off, and that you know, they are the same as you and me.

And I was not aware that Arab's smell o_O Maybe you came across one who did not take a shower that day or someting.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom