Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

One of the shittiest things about Skyrim

SimTrY

Literate
because one is lazy and uninspired, and the other is tangible and part of the world your inhabiting. if you can't spare 30 seconds theen you probably shouldn't be palying any videogames. you clearly have more important things to do than spend 30 seconds using the fast travel options in game.
might as well say that i shouldnt be playing video games if i dont have time for unskippable cutscenes
you skip over content of the media you're trying to consume ? or maybe you can play something more strictly gameplay focused like factorio instead.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Talking about how you don't have the patience to walk 15 seconds to a silt strider is an interesting flex. You might as well open the console and COC everywhere if your brain is that fucked by ADHD.

Kalon

Scholar
unskippable cutscenes
That's a far worse offender than unending bland landscape.
skip over content of the media you're trying to consume
There's nothing wrong with that mind you. Have you never skipped through some parts of a book that didn't interest you much ?

On a side note, I wish people would stop using the term"consume media". When it's good media it's not something you ingurgite and shit out like nothing happens, it's something that's supposed to enrich you personally and that you fondly remember for years after.

SimTrY

Literate
Have you never skipped through some parts of a book that didn't interest you much ?
literally no. if you skip over shit you gott filtered. simple as. but i guess thats because i read literature and not fantasyslop.

Kalon

Scholar
Have you never skipped through some parts of a book that didn't interest you much ?
literally no. if you skip over shit you gott filtered. simple as. but i guess thats because i read literature and not fantasyslop.

So do I but when I first read Le Rouge et le Noir I skipped some parts. It didn't "filter me" as I came back to it a few years later and read it whole. You really shouln't care so much about how other people enjoy doing stuff (or assume things about people you don't know anything about, for that matter) but I think you've been told already.

Last edited:

KateMicucci

Arcane
because one is lazy and uninspired, and the other is tangible and part of the world your inhabiting. if you can't spare 30 seconds theen you probably shouldn't be palying any videogames. you clearly have more important things to do than spend 30 seconds using the fast travel options in game.
might as well say that i shouldnt be playing video games if i dont have time for unskippable cutscenes
you skip over content of the media you're trying to consume ? or maybe you can play something more strictly gameplay focused like factorio instead.
yes, i skip most dialogs and cutscenes. i tried to replay farcry 4 recently and gave up when i realized that the cutscenes are unskippable. games like factorio, or 4x or roguelikes, are indeed what i mostly play these days. i have little time to play video games and i want to spend it fully engaged. if you're a teenager and you have ten hours a day to waste slow-running to the balmora bus station, go ahead.

Luzur

Good Sir
All this talk about skipping dialogue cant be arsed to walk or view cutscenes makes you sound like zoomer kids.

why do you even play such games if you dont want to play them as they are? when i play a game i wanna see all it has to show me

Glop_dweller

Prophet
My first character was an Argonian with very large spikes on his head. The first helmet I got was a skin tight leather skull cap——which fit his head.; no horn/spikes while wearing the flimsy cap.

Last edited:

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
I think all open world games should require you to connect yourself to a treadmill and actually walk every step in the game, accurate to the inch. You should also have to put on weights equal to the armor you're wearing, and swing a real metal sword that you yourself purchase on your own because game makers aren't going to provide a sword to you.

If you play a magic user you just have to yell lightning bolt or whatever, no big deal.

If you ride a horse then you're going to need like a mechanical bull or something.

thesecret1

Arcane
I think all open world games should require you to connect yourself to a treadmill and actually walk every step in the game, accurate to the inch. You should also have to put on weights equal to the armor you're wearing, and swing a real metal sword that you yourself purchase on your own because game makers aren't going to provide a sword to you.
Imagine how buff gamers would be if this were a thing. Connect damage you deal to how hard you can punch/swing a sword IRL, and you'd have trained a generation of swole gigachads.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Actually now that I think about it if you want to play a magic user then the level of spells you can cast are allowed only via a certified IQ test.

thesecret1

Arcane
Actually now that I think about it if you want to play a magic user then the level of spells you can cast are allowed only via a certified IQ test.
Nah, that'd be boring. Warrior has to swing a sword and tank real world punches as he fights, while the wizard just shouts bullshit in the background? To cast a spell, a problem (mathematical, logical, or other, depending on the spell school) should appear on his screen and he should shout the solution, the spell circle determining the difficulty. Wanna cast a fireball? Hope you know your integrals and derivatives then.

Funposter

Arcane
If you ride a horse then you're going to need like a mechanical bull or something.
cmyjt667j1qz.jpg

Semiurge

Cipher
All this talk about skipping dialogue cant be arsed to walk or view cutscenes makes you sound like zoomer kids.

why do you even play such games if you dont want to play them as they are? when i play a game i wanna see all it has to show me

NG+ with the loverslabs mods that they're in a hurry to play.

Ancient76

Literate
Every TES game has removed the best parts of it's predecessors to appeal to the masses.

I bet this, in so many words, is practically enshrined at Beth HQ.

Not really.
They did not implement the best parts because of laziness, lack of enthusiasm, etc.
It's easier to make some mediocre shit like Skyrim.

Orwenn

Literate
You're right, guys. The worst part of Skyrim is that NPCs have really boring lives when the player isn't looking.

Who the fuck cares about that? Most games have their NPCs glued to the floor. Some don't. "Attention to detail" is all well and good. It is also a shrine pseudo-intellectuals come to pray naked.

Cancer

Literate
>Morrowind
>huge cities
???
What the fuck are you talking about? Vivec is the only somewhat big city in Morrowind and even that's smaller than the Imperial City.
4qp5y0.png
Add to this that Vivec is not even the capital or largest city of Morrowind. IC, on the other hand, is supposed to be capital of the fucking empire, located in the center of the entire continent. There are only around 300 Imperials, guards included, in the entire province. Yes, there are fewer Imperials in all of Cyrodiil than there are inhabitants in Vivec. The total number of NPCs is around 2 500 in Morrowind vs. 1 000 in Oblivon. Yet all "cities" needed loading screen walls.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom