Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

OSP Entertainment: Indie RPG's and random assorted stuff.

getter77

Augur
http://www.christianboutin.com/mainsite/index.php?1home

Talk about random. The Walls of Bratock was apparently his biggest hit, and it also had a sequel. Ton of other random stuff, unreleased/completed fare. Has an option to buy a complete set of everything and anything fully registered and whatnot for $6---possibly even getting a dollar off since I'd be amazed if 100 people have noticed this yet.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
My goodness, I was browsing through his list of projects and I see a decade worth of casual stuff.

Then I come upon the early 90s section, and notice Walls Of Bratock, a game that combines Ultima overhead, The Bard's Tale first-person, menu-based encounter descriptions with a picture of what came up to you, and Gold Box style combat.

And all this with excellent and neat VGA graphics. In fact, it looks so tidy, I can't even believe it's an amateur project.

And yet, why was he making a VGA game in 1994? What was he thinking? His game would have been a success were it released six years earlier.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
ALSEW

gall_01.gif

gall_02.gif

gall_03.gif

gall_04.gif

That's the wierdest resume I have ever seen.

getter77

Augur
I'm guessing his intentions put it as more of a portfolio of sorts than a resume. That Bratock sequel a bit down the line seems to have upped the graphical ante.

getter77

Augur
Wow at Battlecry of the Reptiliads...that was some ambitious stuff indeed. Shame that all seemingly remaining is that cutscene blob mixed with the score of music.

Wisdom Warriors looked like it was going places too even futher back in the day.

This is crazy!

Edit: I do believe I'd love to see the Codex staff wrangle a lengthy and informative interview with this fellow. With this much stuff/history, he's GOT to have some stories to tell and a perspective about him.

Edit 2: Shit, watch out for spoilers of sorts with the latter part of the screenshots on the Bratock series.

mondblut

Arcane
I played a bit of Flame Storm back in the day. It was ok, but looked too much of an Ultima 6 ripoff to my eyes. And the shareware portion was really short if I remember right, I played it through in like 15 minutes or so. Ultimately, out of the stuff I grabbed from Compuserve those days, I chose Yendorian Tales.

That Battlecry game could have been great, it seems. Too bad it never happened.

bhlaab

Erudite
Wyrmlord said:
Then I come upon the early 90s section, and notice Walls Of Bratock, a game that combines Ultima overhead, The Bard's Tale first-person, menu-based encounter descriptions with a picture of what came up to you, and Gold Box style combat.

And all this with excellent and neat VGA graphics. In fact, it looks so tidy, I can't even believe it's an amateur project.

Yeah, it doesn't look amateurish in the least

twob_14-90a.gif

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Lol at the dude on the right eying the king's ass!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom