Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Out of Eight plays around with Impire

Mortmal

Arcane
Video said:
The Game is pretty good about not having you do micromanagement

Metro, Jaedar, Mortmal, I thought extensive micro was the entire reason the game sucked so much?
Not the only reason, its the top one, but theres so many things done wrong anyway.If you dont believe us , try for yourself, waste 16£ on desura. The guy is nice in this video, far too nice.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
The problem is not only the amount of micromanagement, its what you can manage: You have to command your minions to eat, but you can't control them in combat at all. I tend to prefer my rts's the other way around. And since you can't control it the combat is just an endless slog where you watch minions beat something up, teleport them to the kitchen so they can eat, then teleport them back into the dungeon so they can fight. Rinse, repeat, no thought required.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I'm sure it'll be good... for the sub $5 I'll spend on it.

PorkaMorka

Arcane
Switching the out of eight site from text reviews to video reviews was major :decline:. 35 minutes?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Gotta keep up with the Total Biscuits of the world. Also this guy needs to learn not to nose breathe into the mic.

Lightknight

Liturgist
Cant be bothered to watch 35 minutes, whats the verdict ? All reviews i've seen so far are pretty much negative.

BvG

Novice
First he says there's not a lot of micromanagement, but later he complains about having to do the same thing over and over. Some of his criticism is about how easy the game is, due to the teleporting, how repetitive the level design is, and how boring away missions are. He's weirdly detached about his experience, as if he doesn't care wether the game is interesting and recommendable or not. His random comments end with "I guess you could see the bulk of gameplay, and I'm not going to restart this". That is because the game crashes after 30 minutes, and there is no auto save feature.

The video itself is more of a game blog, not a review, a critic or a walkthrough. Microphone-breathing, lack of focus, as well as long pauses and unedited/unplanned ramblings point to a random gamer doing a random video, so I don't know why the video is attached to a gaming site at all.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
^ That. It's a pretty poor 'review' although he labels it as an 'impressions' video. 95% of the time it's just him playing and making random comments. This is why most blogs/review sites are pointless. You get more meaningful insight from a Codex thread.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom