Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Paradox teases with new Crusader Kings II content

Dumbfuck
Codex 2012
RPGs should have fun combat. Also your actual choices are quite limited, especially as a lower rank noble. Not really sure what this game is.

I played a little while on the Game of Thrones conversion. When I see so much effort was invested in a game like this it seems a waste.

Honestly I think Civ4 would be a better platform to use. You already have a decent strategy base and mod the factions/politics/random events on top of that. There was a project to TC GoT for Civ which I think loads of people left to work with CK.

Because CK2 is EU3 aimed at casual gamers (that's some paradox, still quite addictive). It has no economics either. It's just hitting 'play' and dealing with stuff the game presents to you on a platter. And it has a shitton of horse armor DLC to boot. Look for complexity in other Paradox games.
I don't think you can say it is not complex, if you are trying to figure out the ramifications of changing your inheritance laws for example. I was playing as the Count of Cornwall, the whole of England went into some civil war (no clue why, game didn't give me the memo) and decided it was a good time to become independent of my liege (who rebelled against the king). Problem is doing that (the game let me) I discovered I am pissing off the king and declaring war on half the other nobles, who also have a claim on Cornwall through the half-brother of the nephew a great uncle. Also automatically my wife declared war on me even though the whole idea was our son would benefit.

I actually won that war (a few shitty ping-pong battles) forced liege to recognize my claims and the game gives me a message that my liege becomes my liege and has also become duke of Cornwall (the title I wanted). In other words I gained nothing and just fought for and enforced his claim (pre-war he had a claim but was not pursuing it). The whole war was pointless except ruin my reputation and alienate everyone.

I spent about 15 minutes working through the family trees to see the logic and decided that is not really how I want to spend my free time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom