Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Paradox teases with new Crusader Kings II content

Make DLC with playable Tutonic Knights, Templars and Joannites. Crusader Knights helped to defend Sweden from Danish machete rape squads shame everybody is getting a boner on bunch of sea pirates instead.

That would actually be pretty cool, but buggered if I know how the election of Hochmeister looked like so I have no idea if it's even possible without too much work.

Making Pany Pruskie reach their height's of reich... hight's and putting Winrych Von Kniprode as a Hochmeister to shame... nope, there are still so many sub-saharan nigger they could implement.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
If it's going to be pagan DLC then it's pretty much will be Lithuania The DLC, as much as I adore Finnish people (blame Mika Waltari) I don't think that finnish pagans played large role in XI century europe.
Yea, Lithuanians should definately have to be the primary focus. Personally though the approach I went with in regards to the general improvement for pagan playability was the Unification CB that allowed highly skilled and Ambitious Pagan chiefs to conquer their cultural and religious fellows. The gist was that Lithuanians had no skill requirements for this, to make it more likely it'd happen (no the AI is an idiot so it didn't happen), but it allowed for all pagans to "pull a Lithuanian".

Finnish pagans are more important to the Scandinavian and Novgorodian power games and geopolitics. For example, the reason you have the war with the two Erics claiming the throne is that the actual heir was killed in a failed attempt to invade the Finnish tribes of the Western coastline. Similarly, Estonian and Karelian raiders posed a threat to the coastal economy (most notable in this group being the Oesalians, who were for a long time the only ones in the Baltic with the know-how to wage proper sea war), which in turn partially motivated the Northern Crusades by Sweden and Denmark (Sigtuna for example was raided by either Karelians or Oesalians). And of course, Novgorod and Sweden were both heavily invested in avoiding the formation of a larger kingdom in the area, with Swedes backing Tavastians against the rising power of Karelians and Novgorod backing Karelians against Sweden.

The only really static pagan area should be the Urals and Eastern edge of the map, where the purpose is mostly to prevent Russian/Muslim expansion in that direction (base game royally fucked up in this regard).

Setting back to 800-900 would make the only one true and original Roman Empire much more stronger... would love to play as Macedon dynasty Emperors.

Stronger ERE? ALL ABOARD THE RAPETRAIN!!
To be fair, at least its more sane today, early CK2 ERE was suppa-strong and nothing could take it down. Then came Sword of Andhaira and Mudslims got some boosts.

That would actually be pretty cool, but buggered if I know how the election of Hochmeister looked like so I have no idea if it's even possible without too much work.

Making Pany Pruskie reach their height's of reich... hight's and putting Winrych Von Kniprode as a Hochmeister to shame... nope, there are still so many sub-saharan nigger they could implement.

Indeed, this would be quite interesting.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Feudalism as exists within the constraints of the CKII engine only came to fruitition after 1000. To have an earlier game start they'd simply have to throw the entire game around.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
By bet: The DLC deals with the Norse returning from Vinland in force to put the fear of Odin back in the Europeans.

oscar

Arcane
Well even 'Return of the Super-Norse from Vinland' makes more sense than that Aztec DLC.

Mortmal

Arcane
If the aztecs were riding dinosaurs i would agree, but return of the vikings is really not more pausible. That really doesnt fit with the era , its just a fantasy dlc spawning a doomstack of vikings in the north i suppose, id rather have an earlier start date and be able to play charlemagne as well amognsts other historical characters.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Shame that the options are clearly only between Estonians, Karelians, Bjarmians (the Baltic Finns also used dragonships like those of the vikings) and Vikings now that it's clearly a dude wading through icy water near an ocean cliffside. So it's going to be fucking Vikings boarding the rapetrain this time.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Jq9eM91.jpg

Are those dicks in the top left corner?

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
According to Steam, CK2 is my most played game. How did that happen? I never noticed all that time passing.

oscar

Arcane
Not another fucking invasion. Attrition-immune doomstacks, how fun..

Dumbfuck
Codex 2012
I see the combat still sucks. What is the point in playing a medieval simulator with shitty RT/ping-pong battles? Events and politics choices can be as intricate as you like it'll be boring.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Because CK2 is EU3 aimed at casual gamers (that's some paradox, still quite addictive). It has no economics either. It's just hitting 'play' and dealing with stuff the game presents to you on a platter. And it has a shitton of horse armor DLC to boot. Look for complexity in other Paradox games.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom