Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Absinthe

Arcane
:nocountryforshitposters:

Thank you for that insightful bit of commentary. Now try to strain those eyes of yours to figure out if I possibly mentioned my character's level or made some reference to how long I've been playing Path of Exile on this very page.

Congrats, you found a mechanic that helps you easily clear maps. While you're waiting for 10 mobs to kill each other, I'll have cleared four times as many and be on my way. Keep on playing.

Absinthe

Arcane
No, by pasting your join date I am emphasizing how new you are to the RPG Codex. What you said was the kind of reflexive and thoughtless comment that only passes muster on lesser forums. (Incidentally, I have been playing since Closed Beta as well.)

not an artichoke, it's not a map-clearing mechanic. It's a panic button mechanic. I use it to eradicate risk, not to improve my clear speed. My clear speed would have to be fucking awful for that to make any progress.

Absinthe

Arcane
Well, you're welcome to your personal shitting contest if it makes your epeen feel better.

But I might as well correct you that the test of a build is Atziri and Uber Atziri. Maps to a lesser extent. Certainly not cruel or merciless.

Absinthe

Arcane
Nope. I generally lose interest by that stage and I usually keep rerolling on temp leagues. Now that Act 4 is out I'm probably going to clear her. All the way into merciless though, game's a joke.

abija

Prophet
Yeah what this game definitely needs is more epeen stroking about how easy it is, so the devs go even more retarded with number tweaking.
Meanwhile, back in reality, end game characters have a shitlong list of stuff to completely avoid even though they took every possible defense in their builds.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
Softcore needs some kind of penalty for dying. Currency amount or something.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
I think that every time somebody dies on softcore, the game should randomly kill one player on hardcore, that would introduce a nice element of co-operation between the two leagues!

Black_Willow

Arcane
I think that every time somebody dies on softcore, the game should randomly kill one player on hardcore, that would introduce a nice element of co-operation between the two leagues!
Well, that would be cool, but imagine all those carebears crying on the forums. I mean, such feature would give the game more emotion, more fun, and we can't have that. Players are trained to hate fun an protest when they encounter even a slight bit of fun.

made

Arcane
So I've been playing my duelist, figured I could grind to 95 ez with the changes to mapping. Turns out 80+ maps are rare as fuck, on top of that large amounts of corpses make the instance crash and you lose the map. So much for that. Decided to do some MF runs with summoner instead and have some fun with Revenants before they get nerfed. Found a +3 bow, so now I'm setting up a poison trapper. Fun times.

Whiran

Magister
This is a great idea. I'd spend hours just killing my characters on softcore to see the tears.

Veelq

Augur
Do normal poison arrow build, trapper is not that strong atm because of changes to trap mechanics. One of the top players is doing a PA evasion based character in Tempest so you can check him out - havoc616 on twitch. From what i've seen its super strong solo, can be difficult in big groups because there is so little you can do to boost chaos dmg.

made

Arcane
I've played the game long enough that I don't need top streamers to show me how to make builds. Figuring that stuff out yourself and tweaking it is all the fun.

T. Reich

Arcane
That's a mistake really.

I also prefer to do things my way always, but I still regularly check on the top builds/players to see if I missed any tricks/hacks/synergies, both in terms of links, gear and passives.

The most recent one is realisation that EB+frenzy charges+the blood dance boots is the match made in heaven (mostly for casters starting in shadow tree, obviously). With just a bit of tweaking, you get a rapid constant mana regen coupled with at least 12% more damage multiplier, as well as decent movement speed.

Raapys

Arcane
Hmms map stuff is as horrible as it was when I played in 2013. You easily get to ~72(~70 back then) or so and manage to stay there, but from then on you seem only to get sporadic jumps to 74-75 and the rare higher level map. Not sure why they do it like that, but they appear to have something against people playing the highest level content. A game where you have to grind for the privilege of grinding more.

Veelq

Augur
I've played the game long enough that I don't need top streamers to show me how to make builds. Figuring that stuff out yourself and tweaking it is all the fun.
Its useful to check top players/streamers to see if some builds are end game viable for HC. And ofc as T.Reich said to see if there are some tricks or uniques that are worth using.
As for PA trapper that was info from ppl that played this build and now saying that its not worth doing, you can do whatever you want, i just trust those players ( top league players/streamers ).
From what i've seen dmg from just PA is big enough to clear maps really fast, so i think its more of a playstyle choice, maybe some differences in passive tree.

9:25 for why no trap gem

Last edited:

made

Arcane
I don't compete on any leagues to win a tshirt tho. On Std I'm free to experiment and respec at my leisure without fear of wasting too much time if the build fails. Never played a trapper before so that's what I wanna give a go for a change.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom