Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

hexer

This song gives off some serious Blade Runner vibes .. so cool

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I know they call it Pozzfinder but this is actually some good old cheese cake:
Nocticula.jpg

:shredder:

Thonius

Arcane
Pope Amole II your min max builds are getting questioned for their mix maxiness!

Oh, that's just a dumbfuck who watches video with is ass and then complains. I was clearly stating that I'm reviewing all the spells and then picking up whatever just to move on quickly. No, fucker has to show off just how smart he is. Well, 2015 is so 2015.
Question:
Why do you think arcane bond: item is bad?
+4 initiative or w/e from familar is good, but getting to cast your best spell twice seems even better to me, especially early/mid game.

Additionally: what is your opinion on heighten metamagic? +1 DC to all spells at the low cost of extra micromanagement and one feat seems pretty good.
Rods>Feats

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
On a completely unrelated topic, is anyone using teamwork feats? I'm the kind of player that like to change my characters out based on what I'm doing, so my set for going to the Trolls was almost completely different from my "main" set of characters, so I don't feel like I want to invest in teamwork feats aside maybe from "obvious" and ever-present (in my group) combos such as Octavia/Rorgangar, but those are also the exact people that are extremely feat-starved, so it just doesn't happen. At the same time, by the time I stopped playing (lvl 8) after the Trolls, I felt like I was running out of feats for some characters, so I may be more or less "forced" to take teamwork feats, I dunno.

How is this possible? Did they change it since release? Because mine has been shit since Day 1.
Yeah, I would say no game did spell UI better than Icewind Dale 2 yet (or NWN2 if you put spellbook on screen open), the MMO hotbars are kinda worthless. PoE did it correctly too.
If I could scale everything down ~20% or so, increase the size of the log, and have some permanently open space specifically for abilities and my belt, I'd be happy to open up my spell-bar separately every time I want to cast a spell, but right now, since you also only can have one item from a stack in the belt at a time, even though you can easily move things from the backpack to the belt, is horseshit.

It's a major contributor to why I'm practically not using my belt at all. Since it's a constantly-changing thing, I tend to just forget about it, since it's basically of circumstantial importance.

I like outflank and precise strike for melee characters. Other ones seem kinda poop.

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
Additionally: what is your opinion on heighten metamagic? +1 DC to all spells at the low cost of extra micromanagement and one feat seems pretty good.

Yeah, it's great for the sorcs as, no matter what are you specializing in, there will be some very empty spell levels. It gets even better if you wish to be using elemental focus so you can actually use it more often than not. It's also a musthave for the shallow spell schools (like illusion).

It's not +1 DC, though - you can spend as much levels as you please. Which is probably mostly useless but I think there can be some ways to profit from that.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent

Yeah, it's great for the sorcs as, no matter what are you specializing in, there will be some very empty spell levels. It gets even better if you wish to be using elemental focus so you can actually use it more often than not. It's also a musthave for the shallow spell schools (like illusion).

It's not +1 DC, though - you can spend as much levels as you please. Which is probably mostly useless but I think there can be some ways to profit from that.
Also, if you've got the Arcane Bloodline, you get to add +1 DC to any spell with at least one metamagic applied to it (besides Heighten). This should work great especially with Extend or Reach (both which adds +1 spell level req.), as it essentially heightens the spell 1 level step while also applying Extend or Reach "for free".

At first, I thought Reach only makes a Touch Spell into Short Range, but in PF:K it just increases range by one bracket.

I kinda hate how there's no +1 metamagic that works for Touch Spells, aside from Heighten, because it means Eldritch Scions doesn't get the whole benefit from Arcane Bloodline in the same way a Sorcerer does. Can't really Extend Shocking Grasp, and if you put Reach on a Touch Spell, you can't Spellstrike.

It would be amazing on an Eldritch Scion/Eldritch Archer, buuuuuut you can't combine archetypes in PF:K, so that's a wash.

Last edited:

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
I fucking did it, thank god for the people who discovered how to edit the save files, I gave myself 2000 hitpoints and that prick Vordakai still hit me for 700hp. It seems that some enemies get the same stat bonus bug and they get ridiculous stats, I've seen some people on steam that get enemies with 2000AC in Pitax, what a fucking disaster:lol:

We need this thing here!

CZT4E.png

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I fucking did it, thank god for the people who discovered how to edit the save files, I gave myself 2000 hitpoints and that prick Vordakai still hit me for 700hp. It seems that some enemies get the same stat bonus bug and they get ridiculous stats, I've seen some people on steam that get enemies with 2000AC in Pitax, what a fucking disaster:lol:

We need this thing here!

In before someone posts a guide of how a level 15 gnome bard can kill this, using only common magical items found in any decent sized city.

ArchAngel

Arcane
So has anyone found and fought any of the True Dragons?
Don't mention that Crag shit, he is a dragon subtype, you might as well mentions Wyverns than as well.

Bg2 had a few, even NWN2 had a few. I really hope there is at least one True Dragon to fight.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
So has anyone found and fought any of the True Dragons?
Don't mention that Crag shit, he is a dragon subtype, you might as well mentions Wyverns than as well.

Bg2 had a few, even NWN2 had a few. I really hope there is at least one True Dragon to fight.

That's not a true Hero story if there is no Dragon to fight!

haderlump

Literate
Ok, I'm trying out an alchemist right now. I have disabled AoE snap to target but that doesn't seem to have any effect? It still snaps.
And I can throw my bombs only directly at an enemy, not on the ground, so they are mostly useless if I don't want to blow up my own party or actually make good use of their AoE. With spells like web and entangle I was able to decide where to place them.

I hope I'm missing something here..

Serus

Arcane
Patron

We need this thing here!

CZT4E.png
Where is the
TrumpYuge.png
rating when you need it.

Got bored and left

Ok, I'm trying out an alchemist right now. I have disabled AoE snap to target but that doesn't seem to have any effect? It still snaps.
And I can throw my bombs only directly at an enemy, not on the ground, so they are mostly useless if I don't want to blow up my own party or actually make good use of their AoE. With spells like web and entangle I was able to decide where to place them.

I just think that's how bombs work - you have to actually throw them at a target (might be missing something, too).

GrainWetski

Arcane

Hold ctrl?

Shadenuat

Arcane
That's how bombs work. You can pick perks to change it like breath attack. Or pick precise feat to remove splash damage to friendlies.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom