Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
While it's smart to set up pause-on-enemy-spotted, you actually charge straight in upon spotting? You don't actually sneak up and position yourself? Because that sounds retarded.

Maybe you like to take 20 minutes setting up trash fights, I don't. I charge in like a high T champion, not a low T codex stalker

While it's smart to set up pause-on-enemy-spotted, you actually charge straight in upon spotting? You don't actually sneak up and position yourself? Because that sounds retarded.

Maybe you like to take 20 minutes setting up trash fights, I don't. I charge in like a high T champion, not a low T codex stalker

Only fake natty juicing instgrammers with small balls charge all the time.

Roqua

Prospernaut
This is why I hate recruitable companion games. I just got a party set up I like pretty well that was functioning well and had some dead time where I killed everything everyplace I could enter so was working on kingdom shit. I got a bunch of companion quests, then one auto-resolved. I thought I was safe from time based quests if a timer wasn't showing. So I looked into how time impacts quests without a timer and found out a lose one of the people that is now in my party that I've built my party around later in the game.

I really hate that shit. I fucking hate recruitable companions. I hate jrpg gameplay where they do shit and you have no control over it. I hate when rpgs have stories dictated to you where you are a passive observer instead of the one creating the story.

I also read that quests all get time based after that. As soon after you go back to the city you get another quest and have to head off immediately to do either one or two quests that impacts the one you didn't do immediately. Is that true? Or that all the quests from there on have hidden timers and you won't get another chance to sit and build your city?

I really hate the city mechanics. I wish they put the resources into other shit. I don't know why all modern not-super-indie RTwP rpgs feel the need to add some sort of bullshit gimmick like this. At least in the PoE games their stupid gimmicks weren't such a distraction from the core gameplay. And I don't think they stole party members away willy-nilly either after building your party around them. And I guess they take all their equipped items too. In the one instance above you don't find out until you've gone through enough content where reloading and redoing it all to get your shit back would be way too much of a hassle to do.

Roqua

Prospernaut
Only fake natty juicing instgrammers with small balls charge all the time.

I have no idea what you said. My way is effective and way faster. Do I have to say crazy nonsense to get you to stop talking to me?

Kick the flim flam on the low flow, dude! Kowabunga, bro!

Tigranes

Arcane
Roqua Obsidian got burned hard in NWN2 OC, if you remember, with Shandra the farmer lady that you had to take in your party for a little while, and then she died. So she was fucking annoying if you didn't want her and fucking annoying if you did. I think they learned their lesson never to pull that shit again. Maybe PK didn't.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Anyone wanna talk about the Lamashtu quest? That one was interesting. I presume
if you let the priestess help the pregnant woman the baby will come out as a complete abomination?

if you let the priestess help the pregnant woman the baby will come out as a complete abomination?

As Somone who thinks it is ethical to abort extremely handicapped people that was a no brainer.

That child/monster would have a terrible life and I would probably have to kill it later anyway.

Roqua

Prospernaut
Roqua Obsidian got burned hard in NWN2 OC, if you remember, with Shandra the farmer lady that you had to take in your party for a little while, and then she died. So she was fucking annoying if you didn't want her and fucking annoying if you did. I think they learned their lesson never to pull that shit again. Maybe PK didn't.

They all can just make real crpgs and have full party creation from the get-go. Have the supporting cast of talking heads just hand around at the "base" like the advisor you pick before getting the barony, or the storyteller. etc. Nothing is worse than building a party and having all the ripped from you.

Its my fault for falling for the bullshit again and not just making my own party to begin with anyways. I'm the idiot for assuming devs are interested in making active story creation rpgs, instead of passive story dictating jrpgs.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy

As Somone who thinks it is ethical to abort extremely handicapped people that was a no brainer.

That child/monster would have a terrible life and I would probably have to kill it later anyway.

WAS it a monster though?

WAS it a monster though?

I didn't exactly find out but if the child was born from a blessing by the goddess of monsters then why wouldn't it be disfigured.
No goddess of favors will give favors just like that

Canus

Savant

WAS it a monster though?

I didn't exactly find out but if the child was born from a blessing by the goddess of monsters then why wouldn't it be disfigured.
No goddess of favors will give favors just like that

It is not, and then afterwards you can recruit the priestess as a, totally insane, advisor

Nryn

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
The permanent stat stacking bug introduced in 1.0.6 is game breaking to say the least. Alarm bells started ringing when Tristian's daily channeling allowance kept increasing, and my suspicions were all but confirmed when I took down the Varnhold Vanishing Boss first try on Challenging without much in the way of pre-fight preparation.

Looking at the spell allowances and the 'martial' tab in the character screen revealed just how nasty this bug is:

Tristian could channel positive/negative energy over 70 times a day due to being equipped with 2 +2 channel/day rings.
Valerie had over 40 DR from the ancestral dwarven shield that gives 2 DR normally.
Nok Nok had 20 DR from a 1 DR leather chest piece.
Ekun had over 20 free damage from a ring that raises ranged damage by 1.

At this point, there are only 3 options left to restore any semblance of challenge back into the game:
1. Reroll the game's installation back to 1.0.5 (involves jumping through hoops on Steam), restore a save from before 1.0.6 hit, and unequip all suspected items that lead to this stat stacking.
2. Hope for a patch that reverts character stats back to how they were, while praying that nothing else is broken in an even worse manner.
3. Use the online respec tool that was linked a few pages back to wipe the character slates clean except for their alignment. But given how unstable the patching environment surrounding the game is, save editing seems like playing with fire.

As compelling as the game is, I'm seriously considering waiting for the planned big patch before continuing where I left off.

L'Montes

Educated
I can't help but feel the people waiting for "the next big patch" are going to woefully disappointed. The number of issues in the game (especially as you get later) just multiplies. I feel like the game might need months of patches (optimistically) to get to a point where people can realistically beat it and not have a huge chunk of core elements breaking on them.

I just hope it's selling well enough that they'll be around to fix it.

Cael

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
*watches pile of bugs grow*
*pile rumbles*
*piles falls down on and crushes Paizotards*

:troll: Yeeeeaaaaahhhh!

Canus

Savant
So TRS, which is basically the podcast of the Irish conservative right, just uploaded an hour long review of Kingmaker, in a segment they do called Low Culture:incline:.
Haven't listened to it yet but they're a good group of lads, and generally know what they're talking about.

If it follows the format of the review they did before it'll be one guy who has played the game, probably fairly extensively, and one guy who hasn't played it at all discussing it.

https://soundcloud.com/therightsideirl/low-culture-02-pathfinder-kingmaker-the-never-ending-story

So I finally had time to listen to the review I linked. It's actually pretty good, probably because the guy doing it is not a games journalist, there's actually a point in the middle which is basically just shit-talking games journalists and their idea of what a 'hard' game is. Overall he says it 'manages to be both a 10/10, with 10/10 representing an exceptional example of its genre which should absolutely be played by anyone interested in that genre rather than a game which is functionally perfect and couldn't be improved, and something I would say to wait at least a couple of weeks to buy, there's an incredible amount of bugs, although they're patching them at a ferocious pace'.

The stuff on how they like the fact the quests are timed, and some don't tell you they're timed, because it changes how you play the game and makes the main quest more 'temporal' I found pretty interesting.

Because it's a conservative political podcast, and these guys are that way inclined, there is an entire section where they talk about the gendered nature of play and have a bit of a discussion about it, and the end is just 10 minutes of attacking a recent minimum alcohol pricing bill that came in during the week. I'd actually listen to a regular game review thing from them, although I think this is just a 'fuck it, we'll talk about something different this Friday', and so this is probably it on that front.

quicksave until pass bluff check to send kobold/mites to big bad wolf for meal
get pleasant shivers as xp gained notification pops up.

complete quest and get location of chest before prebuffering and slaughtering all the wolfies for the sweet sweet combat xp.

going to said chest and quicksave/reload until buffed up valerie passes the fortutude check of trap's finger of death and collect loot with full party alive.

all in all degenerate save scumming for glorious loot and sweet sweet combat xp.

7/10 will reroll and play again.

(-1 for socjus race mixing, -1 for bugs, -1 for rtwp)

Last edited:

Monkeyfinger

Cipher
Luckmann

FYI you can change outfit colors in this game.

0WUGw9M.jpg

RegionalHobo

Scholar
that pseudo dragon/giant snake under the bridge is destroying my ass at lvl 7 on hard. guess i'll come back later hope his loot is worth it. obscene ac

Say, do you happen to have a potion of invisibility on you? Maybe there's some way to use it there, you know?

nice, i expected him to ignore invisibility like the strong mobs in bg 2 , will abuse it, thanks

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom