Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
"heh I may have lost the argument but AD HOMINEM!"
nice one
"heh I may have AD HOMINEM but if I STRAWMAN and then accuse someone of AD HOMINEM I can be the pigeon playing checkers, check mate XD"

You're fucking useless, and so is the entirety of your debilitated breed.

Codex Year of the Donut
Let's see... I'll be a sword and board Fighter with high AC through the first part of the game. The fights would be boring, but since the enemy can't hit me, I am assured of a win, basically.

Then I will respec into a Power attacking, Greatsword wielding Barbarian, because in the low-mid levels, hitting things really, REALLY hard will end things faster and minimise the damage taken.

Then, I will respec into a Wizard at the mid-levels, because, dude, have you seen the power curve difference at this stage???

Yeah. That is totally how a cRPG game should be played.

:happytrollboy:
or they could just go into the options and set it to 'easy'?
How are you guys so retarded?

All I see is: "WAHH STOP ENJOYING THINGS" from you retards

Risewild

Arbiter
Next people will be asking for a button that makes the custom characters automatically and another button that plays the game by itself. If your "automatic" party loses, the game just reloads automatically and tries again, and again and again. If it fails three reloads, it just automatically respec the characters and tries again... If it fails three times more, the game just automatically finishes and shows the ending credits, saying how awesome you played.
:hahyou:

Also let's contact every P&P RPG system designer ever and ask for respecs for all of them.
:shitposting:

Risewild

Arbiter
Next people will be asking for a button that makes the custom characters automatically
go into options and set 'auto-level' to true

do you guys actually play this game or just pretend to play it?
Make a character =/= from leveling the character...
:cry:

And, no, I don't play the game. I don't buy games at release :salute:.

Cael

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Let's see... I'll be a sword and board Fighter with high AC through the first part of the game. The fights would be boring, but since the enemy can't hit me, I am assured of a win, basically.

Then I will respec into a Power attacking, Greatsword wielding Barbarian, because in the low-mid levels, hitting things really, REALLY hard will end things faster and minimise the damage taken.

Then, I will respec into a Wizard at the mid-levels, because, dude, have you seen the power curve difference at this stage???

How are you guys so retarded?

All I see is: "WAHH STOP ENJOYING THINGS" from you retards
:nocountryforshitposters:

Truly, jokes are wasted on the ridiculously stupid...

haderlump

Literate
Was there ever a popular crpg that didn't eventually get external character and savegame editors? Already exist for Kingmaker. Why does anybody need respeccing ingame? So it doesn't feel like cheating so much?

L'Montes

Educated
Was there ever a popular crpg that didn't eventually get external character and savegame editors? Already exist for Kingmaker. Why does anybody need respeccing ingame? So it doesn't feel like cheating so much?

You have the right of it. Respec exists already, it's just spelled "Cheat Engine".

Cael

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
He wasn't asking for respec-ing in the first place. He was asking for the ability to change the character's outfit colours and the like.

Fucktard McGoalpostMover there started foaming at the mouth about respec-ing and then the lulz started.

Risewild

Arbiter
Because people want to relive the glory days of cRPGs of the past. Who doesn't remember how Baldur's Gate games or classic Fallout games allowed to respec the characters?
Oh wait....

:shitposting:

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Respeccing the feats etc would be fine IMO, you might pick up weapon which doesn't have really any good weapons as loot or in the stores, or taking feats which doesn't work etc. Didn't respeccing work like that in PoE?

Cael

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Respeccing the feats etc would be fine IMO, you might pick up weapon which doesn't have really any good weapons as loot or in the stores, or taking feats which doesn't work etc. Didn't respeccing work like that in PoE?
I disagree with the weapons feat respec-ing. That has always been a bit of a gamble, even in PnP. One of the reasons why weapon feats are considered to be a trap for PnP.

Feats that don't work, on the other hand, should never have been in the game in the first place. Respec-ing is merely treating the symptoms of the problem, not the root cause (which is incompetent game developers who should be shot with a nail gun starting from the toes and going up).

Codex Year of the Donut
you should simply have the foresight to know exactly what weapons would be offered at the start of the game
now go replay the entire game for thinking there would be good longswords available like every PnP campaign instead of nonstop estocs and dueling swords, that's the true incline

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent

"My plan is to play a diplomatic forest-lover in the beginning of the game, because there's tons of Nature Checks, but then I'm going to change into a religious zealot, maxing out intimidation for the portions with the church, because otherwise I can't recruit both the neutral good druids and the lawful good paladin order. And for some reason, the assumption that most players will never fail a check (why even have checks lol?!) and be able to join every mechanically gated (more like ungated xD) faction doesn't affect game design at all. I am very smart."

I get accused of being a racist a lot, but generally speaking, I don't care about various races as much as I care about national states and ethnic homogeneity. As long as sub-saharan Africans stay in sub-saharan Africa, I honestly don't care, and would happily work with them to all of our best abilities.

But there is no place for decline-enabling respec-niggers anywhere on this the gods green Earth, and no other solution than the wholesale genocide of their entire breed. The same goes for their compass-jew and fast travel-faggot kin, who all have proven equally uneducateable.

Risewild

Arbiter
That was one of the nice things NWN did... If you picked Weapon Focus, the game would increase the chance of you getting that weapon from random loot.

Codex Year of the Donut

"My plan is to play a diplomatic forest-lover in the beginning of the game, because there's tons of Nature Checks, but then I'm going to change into a religious zealot, maxing out intimidation for the portions with the church, because otherwise I can't recruit both the neutral good druids and the lawful good paladin order. And for some reason, the assumption that most players will never fail a check (why even have checks lol?!) and be able to join every mechanically gated (more like ungated xD) faction doesn't affect game design at all. I am very smart."

I get accused of being a racist a lot, but generally speaking, I don't care about various races as much as I care about national states and ethnic homogeneity. As long as sub-saharan Africans stay in sub-saharan Africa, I honestly don't care, and would happily work with them to all of our best abilities.

But there is no place for decline-enabling respec-niggers anywhere on this the gods green Earth, and no other solution than the wholesale genocide of their entire breed. The same goes for their compass-jew and fast travel-faggot kin, who all have proven equally uneducateable.
I can't imagine being so tempted to abuse game mechanics just because they're there. I'm glad I'm not a snownigger.

Cael

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
That was one of the nice things NWN did... If you picked Weapon Focus, the game would increase the chance of you getting that weapon from random loot.
Increased the chance to 100%. Certain of the chests are programmed that way. It checks to see if you have a weapon focus and gives you a +x weapon of that weapon focus appropriate to your level. Upto +3, I believe.

Risewild

Arbiter
Increased the chance to 100%. Certain of the chests are programmed that way. It checks to see if you have a weapon focus and gives you a +x weapon of that weapon focus appropriate to your level. Upto +3, I believe.
:bro:
TIL something new.

I just hope it's selling well enough that they'll be around to fix it.
The absolute state of codex cucks : reward the worst of the worst sort of dev that release unplayable games under the guise of a finished product even after having learned how badly they've fucked up.

The cuck doesn't take it as a lesson to avoid buying during the first few weeks of release but rather wants to double down on giving one's earned money to support incompetence.
these are the only people making this type of game. You would teach them a lesson, and you would 'win' the prize of never playing a proper RPG on the computer again. Its like teaching your wife a lesson about her giving you the cold shoulder the previous night by cutting your dick off.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron

What would be wrong with Arcanum-style fast travel (ie. you can learn Teleport spells when you get to an appropriately high level)? I think that'd be reasonable in Kingmaker, teleport exists in D&D.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent

Except people have proven completely unwilling to do that. The same respec-niggers that are asking for respec have been busy bitching about how hard the game is because they want to play on hard difficulty without it being hard, you fucking potato.

Next people will be asking for a button that makes the custom characters automatically

go into options and set 'auto-level' to true

Tardmaster, try to wrap your head around the idea that just because a game isn't perfect doesn't mean it's unplayable, and there are varying degrees of awful. For example, you're a fucking idiot, but you're not Roqua, and neither of you, despite being shit, are enough to make people stop using the imperfect-but-still-great Codex.

It's not that hard to imagine if you just try.

In this case, we can recognize auto-leveling as shit, but it doesn't change a game or make it worse in the same way or the same magnitude as, for example, respecs, nor does auto-leveling make the game unplayable.

Does that make sense to you, or should I draw you a map, hang it around your neck, and ask your mom to explain it to you when you get home?

I think it's because they want to feel validated in what they do, as if the game design sanctions what they're doing. Which, of course, the game design then inevitably does, as it moulds around the assumption that no mechanical aspects even can matter for narrative interactions, and the player(s) must be assumed to qualify for everything, even if it makes no sense contextually á la Elder Scrolls post-Morrowind, where you can become the head of every popamole guild and organization, and is in fact encouraged to do so.

The end of the line of this thinking is the creation of systems where you don't even need to ever respec, because respeccing becomes just another meaningless potential chore, and the removal of restrictive checks and such merely a "QOL"-improvement.

Last edited:

Xeon

Augur
Luckmann, Didn't you edit your companion to give them feats or something? what's the difference between that and respecing?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom