Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

hell bovine

Arcane
Ok, I'm trying out an alchemist right now. I have disabled AoE snap to target but that doesn't seem to have any effect? It still snaps.
And I can throw my bombs only directly at an enemy, not on the ground, so they are mostly useless if I don't want to blow up my own party or actually make good use of their AoE. With spells like web and entangle I was able to decide where to place them.

I hope I'm missing something here..
In order not to hurt your party you need the precise bomb feat, my alchemist could pick it up at level 2 already, if I recall correctly. I think grenadier gets it for free. Also worth is infusions, lets you use alchemists spells on others.

glass blackbird

Learned
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I honestly have no clue how people can not run into bugs. Don't you explore at all or something? There's areas and quests you should not be able to miss that are 100% broken, like the feather token quest, or the area(s) that spawn you outside the area (or possibly the areas are missing a collision/movement map or something).
Depending on which skill checks you test for and pass you can actually clear the feather token quest. It's purely luck-based since most outcomes break everything

Ibbz

Augur
I honestly have no clue how people can not run into bugs. Don't you explore at all or something? There's areas and quests you should not be able to miss that are 100% broken, like the feather token quest, or the area(s) that spawn you outside the area (or possibly the areas are missing a collision/movement map or something).
I'd imagine I've been lucky to a certain extent - completed just about every side quest (other than some errands) I could find and explored all the maps that are available... might be just the order I did quests in happen to match the QA Testers? (Obv I haven't completed chapter 4 specific maps yet)

I am still in the tutorial, lol, playing slow as possible. But now I am actually worried the patches are making it worse and my grand plan is going to shit.
I've just finished chapter 3 - didn't run into any big bugs or issues (Currently at 50ish hours). I'm stopping until another few hot fixes come through for Chapter 4 onwards because of the reputation that the bugs get a lot worse, so you should have plenty of time to enjoy the game before you start to seriously run into issues, and hopefully it'll be fixed to a certain extent by then. (And hopefully no other bugs are introduced by the hotfixes)
thats good to hear. I play games extremely slowly anyway, so I probably am good to go for awhile it sounds like..

Cael

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Jesus, I don't think they should've added the Metal Eater bow so early in the game. At level 7, when buffed with only Hurricane Bow, Cat's Grace, Bless and Prayer, the negro Ranger is fucking ripping through trolls and trollhounds alike on Challenging, doing 40-50 damage per round and that's without Haste.

Combine that with Web and Stinking Cloud, I feel like I'm slaughtering kittens instead of 14-feet-tall monstrosities.

EDIT: And I know that this is not due to the stat-stacking bug, because I'm still trucking it on 1.01.
Yeah, the Metal Eater bow is... kinda crazy. They probably should've taken it out, or nerfed it, or just placed it somewhere in the end-game, I dunno. It's introduction and placement just reinforces my belief that nothing was playtested and that they were planning to do an itemization pass, but never had time for it and then the game was pushed out the door. On one hand, don't think it should exist, or at least not be placed where it is, but on the other hand I detest the idea of "balancing" in a singleplayer game, with developers going in and changing things like that after the fact.

So I'm a bit torn.

It's a fucking insane piece of hardware. No idea what they were thinking. Combine it with Enlarge Person and that spell that increases the size of your arrows by one step. Theoretically you should be shooting, what, Gargantuan Arrows?

Edit:
Medium (Base)->Large (Oversized Bow)->Huge (Enlarge Person)->Gargantuan (Spell); yup.
*cough*Greater Mighty Wallop*cough*
Minotaur greathammer - d12 >>>> 8d6 (GMW) > 10d6 or 12d6 (enlarge person/righteous might or any actual size increading spell/ability), depending on how you read the increase weapon size chart as it is one step higher than Colossal where the chart ends. However, this is a legal Colossal+ weapon for damage purposes. Caster level 16+ required for the 4 size increases for GMW.

Cael

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
I fucking did it, thank god for the people who discovered how to edit the save files, I gave myself 2000 hitpoints and that prick Vordakai still hit me for 700hp. It seems that some enemies get the same stat bonus bug and they get ridiculous stats, I've seen some people on steam that get enemies with 2000AC in Pitax, what a fucking disaster:lol:

We need this thing here!

In before someone posts a guide of how a level 15 gnome bard can kill this, using only common magical items found in any decent sized city.
Don't be silly. Certain Codexers claim that it is the rogue that will kill it. After all, on top of the super-uber Uncanny Dodge and Sneak Attack, rogues are full casters ;) How can anything in the entire multiverse beat that??

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
For anyone (like me) who was complaining before about not being able to change appearance after starting the game, there's a UMM-based mod that lets you do that now. You can also set a custom portrait, even if you used one of the in-game ones intially.
https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/7
Praise jeebus, mah lawd.

Edit: Nevermind, it's just a shitty respec mod. I can do the same by just setting my levels and such to 0 in CheatEngine, but I have no desire to actually wipe my character.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
For anyone (like me) who was complaining before about not being able to change appearance after starting the game, there's a UMM-based mod that lets you do that now. You can also set a custom portrait, even if you used one of the in-game ones intially.
Praise jeebus, mah lawd.

Edit: Nevermind, it's just a shitty respec mod. I can do the same by just setting my levels and such to 0 in CheatEngine, but I have no desire to actually wipe my character.
Does setting everything back to 0 also let you recreate your appearance and reset your portrait? I thought that aspect of it was new.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
I'd love a mod or tool which lets me switch the class model, and so would probably many others. It should be possible by switching uniqueid in party.json in the saves, but it could also control other shit.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I would love to RP as Inquistor who can use paladin/cleric model for example; so after the last hotfix to fix the hotfix to fix the hotfix is the game finally bug free in the first three levels? Have the itch to purge and scourge again.

L'Montes

Educated
I would love to RP as Inquistor who can use paladin/cleric model for example; so after the last hotfix to fix the hotfix to fix the hotfix is the game finally bug free in the first three levels? Have the itch to purge and scourge again.

I wouldn't mind some freedom with the models. I was kinda annoyed my Fighter still seemed to be carrying around a sleeping back or pack with stuff after he became baron, was wearing a cape, etc. I figured I had a grunting woman and midget to handle those menial tasks for me at that point.

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm a bit into chapter five now but I think I'm just gonna wait for the big patch and then load up my save right before chapter four started. Ran into too many bugs of quests not triggering or otherwise being messed up and other screwed up stuff (e.g. my PC floats around the tavern like he's sitting a chair).

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Praise jeebus, mah lawd.

Does setting everything back to 0 also let you recreate your appearance and reset your portrait? I thought that aspect of it was new.
Yup. You can't see your paperdoll, but you can change colors and portrait, iirc. I wonder where it is kept in the saves.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Praise jeebus, mah lawd.

Yup. You can't see your paperdoll, but you can change colors and portrait, iirc. I wonder where it is kept in the saves.

Character model is stored in uniqueid according to people in discord, I presume "paperdoll" is the same. Haven't toyed with it as uniqueid could be used to something else as well.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Roqua, you eternal autist, what bug crawled up your black ass and supplemented your diet today? Or are you in some continuous sperg-mode that cannot be turned off, immediately shitting yourself when you sign onto the Codex, seeing that you have an update of some sort? Is it some kind of pavlonian, conditioned response where you absolutely can't contain your galloping autism whenever you get an anxiety attack due to someone mentioning your name or reacting to one (1) of your posts?

X819aQJ.jpg

There's like 30 of these fucking things, how can you even have so much time as to dedicate yourself to this level of autism? Oh, wait, right. The autism.

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
Roqua, you eternal autist, what bug crawled up your black ass and supplemented your diet today? Or are you in some continuous sperg-mode that cannot be turned off, immediately shitting yourself when you sign onto the Codex, seeing that you have an update of some sort? Is it some kind of pavlonian, conditioned response where you absolutely can't contain your galloping autism whenever you get an anxiety attack due to someone mentioning your name or reacting to one (1) of your posts?

X819aQJ.jpg

There's like 30 of these fucking things, how can you even have so much time as to dedicate yourself to this level of autism? Oh, wait, right. The autism.

I logged in and had a bunch from you stalking me. Pretend those say "Stop stalking me you fucking psycho." And seriously, how fucked up do you have to be to rating spree someone and then complain when they do it back to you? I've asked you a million times to leave me alone. Don't rate me, don't post on my page, don't add my name in posts, don't reply to me. Just fuck off. The above wouldn't have happened if you stop stalking me like a fucking lunatic. Leave me alone. You can keep pretending to be smart and know shit, and I'll ignorant retard ramblings, and you do the same.

How autistic does a retard have to be to call someone autistic for doing to her what she did to him? You fucking moronic nuCodexers are out of control.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
how fucked up do you have to be to rating spree someone and then complain when they do it back to you? I've asked you a million times to leave me alone. Don't rate me, don't post on my page, don't add my name in posts, don't reply to me.

Seems like a fair eeee... demand?

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
I logged in and had a bunch from you stalking me. Pretend those say "Stop stalking me you fucking psycho." And seriously, how fucked up do you have to be to rating spree someone and then complain when they do it back to you? I've asked you a million times to leave me alone. Don't rate me, don't post on my page, don't add my name in posts, don't reply to me. Just fuck off. The above wouldn't have happened if you stop stalking me like a fucking lunatic. Leave me alone. You can keep pretending to be smart and know shit, and I'll ignorant retard ramblings, and you do the same.

How autistic does a retard have to be to call someone autistic for doing to her what she did to him? You fucking moronic nuCodexers are out of control.
honest to god i can't believe someone in this world managed to create a person that is in a perpetual state of butthurt about everything like you are, roqua

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
how fucked up do you have to be to rating spree someone and then complain when they do it back to you? I've asked you a million times to leave me alone. Don't rate me, don't post on my page, don't add my name in posts, don't reply to me.

Seems like a fair eeee... demand?
Thing is, I've literally never gone on a rating-spree against Roqua, I just rate his posts as I see them and according to their content, which is usually retarded, butthurt, and/or condensed autism, nor have I ever stalked him. I only started to use the stalking function the other day because he keeps living in this alternate dimension where people pay attention to him other than laugh at him, and where everyone is stalking him.

And every time you call him out on his subsaharan behaviour, he spergs out, shits his diapers, and spills all the spaghetti. It is just extra-funny that he is on a crusade against nu-Codexers, where nu-Codexers are apparently anyone and everyone that isn't as much of a socially challenged dumpster-fire as himself, and he's completely unable to pick up on even unsubtle hints that when it comes to some, he is the nu-Codexer.

Also, it's hilarious to watch him melt down as he chews on the keyboard in impotent (literally and figurative) rage, so it's not like I'm going to stop rating the retard's retarded retard-posts. Unfortunately, I can't rate :autism: for some reason.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom