Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC coming June 13th

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
They don't scale up to the hardest enemies.
Yet again the confusion between player sucking and units/classes/games sucking.

Melee General with the right infrastructure can mow anything down with them. Multiplication > addition.

Melee General with the right infrastructure can mow anything down with them. Multiplication > addition.

Please tell me what multiplier you are using to deal good damage when your unit has a 1d6 attack and the enemy has 7 DR.

kvKCgMc.jpg

It doesn't work. Level 10 melee general with 4 halls of strategy, a military academy and an arsenal and smithy boosting them. And Mariliths only have 5 DR, other enemies in that battle go up to 7. I'm not actually sure how the math works out, since there should be a 1 in 6 chance of them dealing 1 damage. My guess is that the Marilith actually has 5 damage reduction x 297 attacks = 1,485 DR applied to the whole attack, or something silly like that. You can see how the conscripts' 143 damage is never going to get through that DR. Yes this math is completely broken (not only shouldn't DR add up like that to the whole attack, it's being applied AFTER the to-hit calculation rapes your damage output), but that's how it appears to work.

Meanwhile Hellknights do this:

42c0sNf.jpg

And can easily win the battle solo as long as you have some mana to keep healing them. Which is pretty cheap and efficient, even for mage generals its often cheaper on mana to just keep healing hellknights rather than directly kill with magic.

Last edited:

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
Wrath was in Promo on xbox + Last Sarkorian DLC, so i got it.

The port seems pretty good so far, minor bugs nothing really bad. Perfomance is solid , Fixed 60FPS. The control scheme is surprisenly, way better than other CRPGs. Pillars 2 and Solasta have ASS control schemes and Wasteland 3 feels like was made with it in mind.

I really like the new class. It takes up to level 4 to actually experiece ''fully'' but transforming into a Wolf, have Glaize's range , Trip and insane amount of AC without any effort is pretty good. I'm aiming for True AEON in this one.

Call me Heretic , but i might get Rogue Trader on Xbox too :incline:

Desiderius

Patron

Please tell me what multiplier you are using to deal good damage when your unit has a 1d6 attack and the enemy has 7 DR.

kvKCgMc.jpg

It doesn't work. Level 10 melee general with 4 halls of strategy, a military academy and an arsenal and smithy boosting them. And Mariliths only have 5 DR, other enemies in that battle go up to 7. I'm not actually sure how the math works out, since there should be a 1 in 6 chance of them dealing 1 damage. My guess is that the Marilith actually has 5 damage reduction x 297 attacks = 1,485 DR applied to the whole attack, or something silly like that. You can see how the conscripts' 143 damage is never going to get through that DR. Yes this math is completely broken (not only shouldn't DR add up like that to the whole attack, it's being applied AFTER the to-hit calculation rapes your damage output), but that's how it appears to work.

Meanwhile Hellknights do this:

42c0sNf.jpg

And can easily win the battle solo as long as you have some mana to keep healing them. Which is pretty cheap and efficient, even for mage generals its often cheaper on mana to just keep healing hellknights rather than directly kill with magic.

Brother you’re missing the basic ability that distinguishes the Melee General in the first place. There are several ways to up that damage per unit.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Are spells requiring touch distance borked in turn-based mode? Sometimes a character will cast the spell and waste the spell slot, but not move into close range (even if they have the required movement points and there are no enemies or friends in the way). I don't remember that behaviour form my initial playthrough.

volklore

Arcane
Are spells requiring touch distance borked in turn-based mode? Sometimes a character will cast the spell and waste the spell slot, but not move into close range (even if they have the required movement points and there are no enemies or friends in the way). I don't remember that behaviour form my initial playthrough.
Yeah I remember something like that happening with cure wounds. I think I remember the spells gets' stored smh and if you recast it it you actually use the previous slot.
Otherwise your best bet is move to touch range manually

skaraher

Cipher
Yeah I remember something like that happening with cure wounds. I think I remember the spells gets' stored smh and if you recast it it you actually use the previous slot.
Otherwise your best bet is move to touch range manually
You need to use the stored spell from your generic abilities bar and not from your spellbook

So, is Asherengal in the Egyptian themed dungeon not a demon lord? I got to the end of the dungeon last night, and no matter which one I shoot with the Midnight Bolt (on top of the pyramid, not the illusion inside), I don't get a crystal on the corpse. Is there a tell that I'm not observing to know which one should get it?

skaraher

Cipher
So, is Asherengal in the Egyptian themed dungeon not a demon lord? I got to the end of the dungeon last night, and no matter which one I shoot with the Midnight Bolt (on top of the pyramid, not the illusion inside), I don't get a crystal on the corpse. Is there a tell that I'm not observing to know which one should get it?
You should get a midnight crystal. It doesn't pop in your inventory and you don't loot it from her corpse, it actually spawns as an object you can pick up on the ground. Have fun searching for it among the corpses of trash mobs and 10 minutes duration pit AOE.

Last edited:

jf8350143

Liturgist
So when will the fifth DLC coming out? I want to replay the game when all the 6 dlcs are out and but from the looks of it I need to wait at least another year?

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
You should get a midnight crystal. It doesn't pop in your inventory and you don't loot it from her corpse, it actually spawns as an object you can pick up on the ground. Have fun searching for it among the corpses of trash mobs and 10 minutes duration pit AOE.
Don't those things show up in the loot overview when you leave a zone?

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I'm having an awful time with this game.

The amount of garbage encounters is simply disgusting. Each fight is a clusterfuck, each fight + Web is trivial, each door before enemies is like a big glowing fuck you! sign. Locations are spread all over the map in an uncoherent manner. The dialogues are filled with "subvert your expectations" moments. I don't feel this game at all.

skaraher

Cipher

The amount of garbage encounters is simply disgusting. Each fight is a clusterfuck, each fight + Web is trivial, each door before enemies is like a big glowing fuck you! sign. Locations are spread all over the map in an uncoherent manner. The dialogues are filled with "subvert your expectations" moments. I don't feel this game at all.
At wich acts are you ? CC with good DD do tend to trivialize a lot of early game encounter.

Desiderius

Patron
If Web is making each fight trivial you're playing on the wrong difficulty. It only feels like a lot of fights if you're getting hit too much or getting caught in your own Web and having to reload a lot.

Try to find low risk approaches and the fights go fast, outside a couple things like trying to fight Smilos early or being unprepared for Succubus. You don't have enough casts of Web to both trivialize every fight and have too many of them at the same time until the point in the game where you have better options.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

At wich acts are you ? CC with good DD do tend to trivialize a lot of early game encounter.
I'm at the start of act 2.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
If Web is making each fight trivial you're playing on the wrong difficulty. It only feels like a lot of fights if you're getting hit too much or getting caught in your own Web and having to reload a lot.

Try to find low risk approaches and the fights go fast, outside a couple things like trying to fight Smilos early or being unprepared for Succubus. You don't have enough casts of Web to both trivialize every fight and have too many of them at the same time until the point in the game where you have better options.
I already passed all those initial fights.

Now, I'm at lvl 7 and my Fauchard guy with Improved Cleave is doing considerable damage behind the tank. In fact he is the main DPS.

But I don't like the game's design. It's filled with traps.

I'm playing on Core difficulty and I feel like many enemies are suffering from stats bloat. The Smilos are an example.

Alignment is much more important than in BG3. The Vancian system is like an old relic of the past. It doesn't vibe with me.

Counterspell implementation is stupid:

To use a counterspell, you must select an opponent as the target of the counterspell. You do this by choosing to ready an action. In doing so, you elect to wait to complete your action until your opponent tries to cast a spell.

Daeran is a better healer than Sosiel. Camellia with ice hex and the ring has better AC than Seelah. What the fuck!?

There is no optimized way to visit locations. The routes are obfuscated on purpose. I guess this is what Owlcat thinks it's good difficulty design.

The writting is oscillating between good and retarded. Quest design is obtuse. I don't like most NPCs.

The Crusade system is ... crap. The game has no natural flow. Save scumming is the norm.

Idk. I'm playing in small chunks. Maybe the game will finally click with me or probably I will drop it.

In any case my expectations for Rogue Trader went underwater.

Desiderius

Patron
I'm playing on Core difficulty and I feel like many enemies are suffering from stats bloat. The Smilos are an example.
There's no quest that sends you there. Fight them at your own risk.

On Core you should be able to get enough AC to handle them anyway. Play better. Use Illusion Magic (Mirror Image/Displacement) if you have to. Use stuff that's good against Undead.

Daeran is a better healer than Sosiel. Camellia with ice hex and the ring has better AC than Seelah. What the fuck!?
In combat healing is pretty bad action econ. This isn't an MMO damage race. If you want to heal use Channeling.

Daeran can Channel for slightly more but that's because Channelling is CHR-based and Oracle is a CHR-based class. Sosiel can heal for plenty if you're playing well. Make use of his Domains - they're really good.

If you want more AC on Seelah give her some. Tools are there:

Seelah tanking Unfair Graveyard.jpg

(this is Unfair)

There is no optimized way to visit locations. The routes are obfuscated on purpose. I guess this is what Owlcat thinks it's good difficulty design.
What does this even mean?

I'm at lvl 7 and my Fauchard guy with Improved Cleave is doing considerable damage behind the tank. In fact he is the main DPS.

If you want to use Web best way to take advantage of it is ranged damage from Lann/Wend. Cleave is fine but Nenio's Illusion spells start to kick on at lvl7 to give you good Crowd Control anyway. They're enemy only and you get a ring that boosts Illusion DC.

Last edited:

Yosharian

Arcane

Game is genuinely bad.

drgames

Scholar
This thread is essentially dominated by Desiderius. Did he/her/they(?) finish the game at least?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom